Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Would an A7 be too much for a size 6/6.5 boot?

This interests me too! I got A6s mounted on 6.5 CCms and I am on the really edge of my sole, could not fit the last single drilling..but both of my skates are holding up well...even if my first pair is still the black/red very early A6 ;-)

If i mount A7/A8 arms on them, would I get a longer 'runner' or other way, would a A7 with A6 arms benefit from more agility compared to A7 arms with 76mm wheels. I am 6.00 ft and wear 6.5 skates - 263 steel - and always think, I could get more power out of longer runners.

This interests me too! I got A6s mounted on 6.5 CCms and I am on the really edge of my sole, could not fit the last single drilling..but both of my skates are holding up well...even if my first pair is still the black/red very early A6 ;-)

If i mount A7/A8 arms on them, would I get a longer 'runner' or other way, would a A7 with A6 arms benefit from more agility compared to A7 arms with 76mm wheels. I am 6.00 ft and wear 6.5 skates - 263 steel - and always think, I could get more power out of longer runners.[/quote

The problem is, when you put A7/8 rocker arms in an A6 body, you can't even get two 72mm wheels into the center arms. No room. When the A6X arms come out, they will have pivot knuckles the same as the A7/8 arms, and you should be able to use two inside A6X arms matched up to two A7/8 outer arms. This will lengthen the wheel base on the A6 body. The longer arms on the outside will have a different leverage, but probably work OK. You would still have to use all 76mm wheels.

A6A71.jpg

Ah ok, I got what you mean..I have never seen those A7/8 arms...maybe the leverage is then corrected by the pressure on the rubber...thank you!

BTW just close the quote with a ] ;-)

Hi Keith, this is Jon in Denver. We were e-mailing back-and-forth a bit last week. I was looking to mount Sprung frames on my Mission Helium 10,000's, size 8. It seems like the proper size for those boots would be the A6's, but your website seems to say that the A6 is undergoing some modifications. Would it be better to wait for the roll-out of the new A6's to be complete, or can I mount an A7 on those boots? Anyone else that can answer that question is also very appreciated. On a side note, I would like to mention to everyone that doesn't already know: Keith is AWESOME!!! I bothered him with all kinds of stupid questions last week, and he took the time to answer them all personally. Try getting that kind of service from some of the other manufacturers. I'm here to tell you, unless you are a big name player that they want to sponsor, it probably won't happen.

mr13lcky Posted Today, 03:26 PM

Hi Keith, this is Jon in Denver. We were e-mailing back-and-forth a bit last week. I was looking to mount Sprung frames on my Mission Helium 10,000's, size 8. It seems like the proper size for those boots would be the A6's, but your website seems to say that the A6 is undergoing some modifications. Would it be better to wait for the roll-out of the new A6's to be complete, or can I mount an A7 on those boots? Anyone else that can answer that question is also very appreciated. On a side note, I would like to mention to everyone that doesn't already know: Keith is AWESOME!!! I bothered him with all kinds of stupid questions last week, and he took the time to answer them all personally. Try getting that kind of service from some of the other manufacturers. I'm here to tell you, unless you are a big name player that they want to sponsor, it probably won't happen.

I think you'd want an A6. I have A6 Sprungs on 8.5 Missions and that frame seems to be a great size for that size of skate - 8 should be fine for that size too. I wouldn't go up to an A7 until you got to 9 and above Missions (equivalent to an 8 and above Bauer or CCM). That's just my personal opinion - Sprungster has mounted a tonne of Sprungs and invented the product so would be able to provide the best advice.

I think you'd want an A6. I have A6 Sprungs on 8.5 Missions and that frame seems to be a great size for that size of skate - 8 should be fine for that size too. I wouldn't go up to an A7 until you got to 9 and above Missions (equivalent to an 8 and above Bauer or CCM). That's just my personal opinion - Sprungster has mounted a tonne of Sprungs and invented the product so would be able to provide the best advice.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Nice to have some input from people that have used the frames, though. Thanks, Althoma. I will be sure to post a picture so you can all marvel at my "tricked out" new skates. And I'll let you know how my first skate goes. Now if only Keith could invent something to help my shooting...

Well I had my first game on my Sprungs last night and I gotta say I didn't feel a huge difference in my skating. I mean my feet didn't hurt because I finally got out of those godawful Tours and into my nice comfy Bauer boots but as far as quicker starts and tighter turns the feeling was minimal. I'm wondering if my set up isn't right or if its just my skating style. I'm using A6's (thats what the guy at my LHS that mounted them told me) on my 7.5 boot. I'm running Hyper Formula G's, all 76mm and 76a. I'm only about 5'6" and weigh around 155-160. What do you guys think?

Thanks to keith for doing a great job on my 11k's they look great and more importantly are amazingly comfortable and feel as smooth as you would imagine.... here they are with my dynasty 2's as keith wasnt kind enough to include those addictions with them... !

11k1.jpg

Those are the a7 on a size 10. Im actually a 9.5 but I was lucky enough to snipe those 11k's for half the retail price on ebay. So I didnt spend $800 on those as one would expect. But oh they're real, and they're spectacular!

I mounted my A6 on my boss for a game last night... holy sh!t... looks like the A7 are going back on my backups for a while while I have some fun on the A6.

Well I had my first game on my Sprungs last night and I gotta say I didn't feel a huge difference in my skating. I mean my feet didn't hurt because I finally got out of those godawful Tours and into my nice comfy Bauer boots but as far as quicker starts and tighter turns the feeling was minimal. I'm wondering if my set up isn't right or if its just my skating style. I'm using A6's (thats what the guy at my LHS that mounted them told me) on my 7.5 boot. I'm running Hyper Formula G's, all 76mm and 76a. I'm only about 5'6" and weigh around 155-160. What do you guys think?

try some harder wheels like some 78a's Im using 76a's now and im 135 lbs. Your not going to notice it like a night and day difference. I didnt notice it at first, but the more I got used to them the more I benefited from its features.

those skates look great, how are the wheels doing? I had a friend get some and he shreded them pretty quick.

Harder wheels, usually, with as little lateral bend as you can find.

Hockey is thick on facebook and Sprungsters out there should get on and send me a friend request. All the

pictures are up on my wall for easy access and downloading.

Hockey is thick on facebook and Sprungsters out there should get on and send me a friend request. All the

pictures are up on my wall for easy access and downloading.

Link?

1998 Neanderthals co-produced with Mission. Not the patent we use now, but just prototypes anyway. Tom Wilder and Joe Cook liked them and wanted to license. Walter and the Mudcats liked them and wanted to license. Missioin did the Vibe and Tour didn't think I'd get the patents.

MissionPrototypesK.jpg

Just got my Sprung frames in the mail. I won't be able to get them mounted for a few days, but already I am impressed. There is much more tension in the spring than I expected. This gives the frames a feel that is as solid and stable as any standard frame I have ever used, and much more solid than a rocker chassis. But despite being more solid than I expected, they are also lighter than I thought. The axle system was a very pleasant surprise. Single-sided locking, and what feels like a deeper wrench slot than most axles to prevent stripping. Both important features if you have to replace a wheel during a game. Keith clearly knows what inline players need and has an eye for the details. I can't wait until my first skate on these. Maybe I should just quit my job...hehehe

About 5 weeks ago I felt like there was no spring on my Sprungs from the front rocker arms on my right skate. It felt like my right skate had a flat tire and I had a difficult time skating forward. Backwards skating was fine as most of the pressure was applied to the back wheels. Looking at the frame and rocker arms without taking it apart there seemed to be no issues other than the front rocker arm easily wiggling forward and back. I checked the pivot pin and the bolt was still tight and secure. The next week game comes and I forget about the previous week and of course I have the same issues. I was skating backward when I hit a crack on the rink surface and ended up losing my balance and hit the floor falling backwards. I got up and could not skate at all because the rear rocker arm on my right skate was broken. I was done for the game. I removed both front and rear rocker arms from my right skate. Both of the rear rocker arms were completely broken where the pivot pin goes through like someone took a tiny sledgehammer to it. The front rocker arm showed a crack that was developing which explains why I felt like I had a flat tire. The strange thing I remember is that this same thing happened to me last year around the same time. Almost like deja vu! I hit a crack (different part of the rink) and fell backwards and the same rear rocker arm broke. I also had that feeling of a flat tire on the front rocker arm before my rear rocker arm broke from the crack on the concrete surface. I removed the rocker arms and discovered the same thing. I ended up buying replacment rocker arms for the right skate and all was good until recently. Okay so here are the conditions that I play in for this rink. ...It's an outdoor rink with a smooth concrete surface. It's not completely smooth as there are lots of cracks in the concrete caused from being exposed to snow in the winter months and heat in the summer. We had just got through a huge snow storm and the rink was finally cleared of snow to play. I had been skating on the rink all year round and had no issues up until the winter times. Both times I had been playing in 30 degrees temps for at least 2 games and then I felt the flat tire feeling in the front rockers and then BAM! my rear rockers break on a crack while skating backward. Now what I'm wondering is if playing in 30 degree temps may have had an effect on the rocker arms causing the material to weaken due to the pressures of skating? I am 5' 9" and weigh 185 lbs. My skating style is not too aggressive as I mostly play defense but I do push off with my right foot to start skating backwards for defense. Maybe the rink surface with all of it's cracks are just too much shock to absorb for the rocker arms? I'm sure I hit those cracks for every game all year round. I'm also playing on an A6 frame. I'm guessing that A6 rocker arms are either hard to come by now or no longer exist. If that's the case then I can't use my skates at the moment until I get some new parts or replace with an aluminum frame. I would rather not go back as I do love skating on Sprungs! But if it's true I can use A7 rocker arms on the A6 frame then I'll switch out the arms from an A7 set up Keith did for me recently for my indoor skates as a temporary solution while I put in an order for some A7 rocker arms. Can someone please confirm if that will work? I would like to not have to go through this dilemma again. If my frame breaks again (next year around winter) I'm afraid I might have to go with an aluminum frame for this outdoor parking lot of a rink. :(