Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Being winter time, air is very dry this time of year, especially indoors where you probably keep your skates. From what Sprungster has written somewhwere in this long thread, nylon can dry out and become brittle which makes them prone to breaking. It's good preventive maintenance to wrap the frames up overnight in a damp cloth, especially in dry climates or during the dry winter months.

I don't know how playing in sub-freezing temperatures can affect the frames though. I usually play ice hockey at those temperatures, and roller when the temperature goes above freezing (0 celsius, 32 farenheit).

I just saw an email from Keith that confirms your reply. I will keep that in mind for the next winter season. Keith's email reply is as follows:

Hey, I can't post because ATT DSL is on half pay and the MSH post engine conks. You can not use A7 arms in A6s because they are too long and the wheels will overlap in the middle.

Your rocker arms are getting dried out from the cold dry air. Nylon is aqueous and needs water from time to time. Dried out it is brittle and cracks. This is an old common post RE the drying out. They need soaking in water sometimes. I'm totally out of A6 stock right now and waiting on China, or I'd send you some.

If you can post you can say this was my answer, so people will know you got answered.

Thanks, Keith

We were going to remove the lip off the front mount so it would be like the A7 and A8, but then filed it off a pair and nobody could tell the difference. So we are leaving well enough alone. Regardless of front and rear wheel size, the actual pitch of the frame, on it's wheels, is the same as most of the old Hi-Los, which varied from model to model.

Thanks for the info. You might want to update your website where it says "The frame will be modified as well, with a little more pitch (lowered in front a touch)".

Thanks for the info. You might want to update your website where it says "The frame will be modified as well, with a little more pitch (lowered in front a touch)".

Soon as the Webmaster gets home.

Here's a link to all of the conversion pics and a lot more, on my Facebook profile.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2048...p;id=1045340279

And my fave right now.

You have your profile set to private and I can't view the pic's. I sent you a friend request in order to look at the pics. Just though I let you know that some people might not be able to see the pic's as well.

You have your profile set to private and I can't view the pic's. I sent you a friend request in order to look at the pics. Just though I let you know that some people might not be able to see the pic's as well.

Fixed, I think. :)

Lost in translation. Actually not lost, just at sea. All of our inventory is on it's way by boat, including the parts that were supposed to come express. So, instead of nowishthisweek, it'll be a little more than two weeks till we have anything to sell, or place. I think this falls into the tough shit category. :rolleyes:

Looks like next Friday or Saturday for new inventory. I'll know more Monday. Heading out to Irvine after lunch for the monster NARCh qualifier with 100 teams.

Newbie here looking for advice. Getting Sprungs for my son - he's an ice player, 14yrs, about 125lbs. Keith directed me to A7 frames so I'm looking for advice on wheels (80mm but what brand and durometer?) and anything else I need, like bearings, axels, spacers (8mm floating, right?). He's not going to be playing inline at the moment, but using these for off-ice practice and drills, in our basement (smooth cement) or in the driveway.

So psyched to get these - have been checking these out for a few years and now he's ready for them. Great forum everyone - thanks in advance.

Clay

Well, a minor ankle sprain while playing hoops in my buddy's driveway delayed my first game on my new Sprungs. But I finally got that game in tonight (2 actually, we had a double-header) and I promised I'd report on the results. I felt pretty awkward for the first 2-3 shifts. This might be because between the injury and the break between sessions in my league, it has been 2 months since I last skated. But I definately could tell that I was not skating on my old 80/72 hi-lo's anymore, and not in a good way. But after those first few shifts, I started adjusting and quickly. Let me tell you, I had big expectations from these frames going in, and they exceeded almost all of them. I still have some adjustment to go, I can tell, but even unadjusted I am skating better than I did on my old hi-lo's. I really noticed it on defense. You know how you are always half-a-move behind the forward because you are re-acting to what he is doing? Well, these frames change that. You can see what the forward is doing, and still beat him to the spot that he is going. I'm not sure I noticed a huge difference in my first step, but like I said, I havn't skated in 2 months, and my legs are probably a little weak right now. Also, I think I'm used to the hi-lo position, where you are kind-of leaning forward. Once I get used to being more right on top of the skates, I think that I will notice a big difference. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm extremely pleased after my short time on Sprungs. I could see a change for the better in nearly all areas of my skating, and I feel confident that once I get my legs back, they will be even better. Thanks to you all, and especially to Sprungster, for turning me on to these. Game changers for sure. If anyone is new to this thread, and deciding whether or not to buy Sprungs, like I was a couple months ago, take it from me: buy them!!!! You won't regret it.

PS--I scored 1 goal in each game. One on a bad outlet pass by the defense that I was able to recover only because I could stop on a dime and reverse my direction. The other was a breakaway that started out with me being even with the d-man at the red line, and having 3 steps on him by the time I made it to lower face-off dots. Thanks again, Keith

Hey Keith!

I still have the older original closeout model and I know that you mentioned somewhere in this 222 page long thread that the A6 model has a slightly different layout for the holes. Is the distance between the 2 rear holes more, less or same on the A6?

frame.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: Actually, I'd like to know this about the other pair of holes on the heel, too, just to know how close to the edge of the sole that the holes might be on my size 7 skates.

grafs002.th.jpg

These are my new skates. I finally bought some Grafs to turn into inlines and this is the finished product. I figured I love my sprungs and I love my Grafs ice skates so why not combine the two. Now I have the same boot for ice and roller which is cool. My old Bauers just couldn't hang anymore but hey they were at least 18 years old so I think I got my money's worth.

Sprungster/Keith,

Any news on the A6X rocker arm package delivery and availablility? I'd like to order a couple sets with a spare arm or two ASAP. I'm sure some others would as well.

Sprungster/Keith,

Any news on the A6X rocker arm package delivery and availablility? I'd like to order a couple sets with a spare arm or two ASAP. I'm sure some others would as well.

Yes, finally. The parts will be in my mits by Monday. The A6X is up next, after mondo patent spending and recent shipping. All orders will be filled in the order we got them, many a day, until we're caught up.

The A6X is next, along with more A7 frame bodies. Patent Expenses ate my fun. And speaking of fun, Facebook is a hoot. I just sent my bud Sid a good luck and told him to take a look at the skate pics on my profile. Maybe he'd like to have some to use in his basement. I don't know who's managing his account, but I got a skate toe in his door. ;)

I live in hull, can you help?

I would imagine that puckstop could do it for you. If not go to your local Ice rink and ask some players who can do skate repairs. My skates were done by someone who repairs Ice sktes