Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I sort of average it out, by using the toe cap and the last flat on the heel unless the heel wraps like Bauers, which needs some end finding in the curve. You can't go by the outsoles only because they get mounted forward or backward all the time.

when i was mounting my one90's i found that the back 2 holes from the ice holders fit exactly the same 2 back holes on the sprungs which means bauer, easton and mission pitch holder back 2 holes match up.

they only needed opened up a little.

Baz5

This is what I have to do to get engineers (and myself) to do what I need. I, finally, very grossly ground out space in a reg A6 (white) rocker arm so that I could match it up with an A7/8 rocker arm, to prove that there's room for the A6X Knuckles to be the same size as the A7/8s. The small end of the inner A7/8 knuckle (brown) is flush with the surface of the A6 wheel cavity, and I can't make a 76.5mm wheel touch it at all. As for the hole in the cavity, it will be filled in all around the knuckle. I've been looking at that hole since I did experimental molded alloy drawings eleven years ago, and I'm used to it. It doesn't hurt anything, but lets me move the material around to the best spots within the existing configuration. So the drawings are being updated accordingly, and I can modify the current dual cavity A6 mold for $800 instead of $8,000 for a new one.

A6A71.jpgA6A7T3.jpg

A6A7Wheel6.jpgA7A62.jpg

A7A6Hole5.jpg

so does that mean that you can use the older a6 arms on the A6X frame?

It means that you will be able to use the A6X arms on the current A6 frame, which turned out not to be broke and will remain the same. When inventory gets here, the A6s will be the same price as the A7 and A8, and will come with the current A6 arms. When the A6X arms are here you can send in your A6 arms and get the A6X update for free. I'm sure the A6 arms will all get used.

And, Sergei, My email to you comes back "permanently failed". If you see this, PM here on MSH. I'm probably junkmail.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

We put Sprung up for sale a couple of weeks ago. It was not public, much, but now it is. It's business as usual, otherwise.

Joe and I feel that if two antibusiness guys, with the good graces of MSH, can move a near perfect ice hockey training product well into the inline hockey market, where it's not really wanted by the oldschool, then some probusiness guys with big ice hockey companies could lay down some tacks. We had to laugh yesterday over our concurrence that it's much easier to give Sprungs to NHL coaches and players than to roller coaches and players, in general. Same with ice only players. I'm finding out this isn't just our opinion.

Joe says, if it sells, he will be glad to only have 12 jobs and more money. Since the Sprungs are actually proof of the patents, the real value of the company is the patents, which are a root system once they get going like ours. And there's the Sprung prosthetic foot/ankle, which was designed to be better and mass produced by a big shoe company. I'm still a kid, and have more good ideas sitting around, so I hope to get hired by the new owners.

I'm not going anywhere and I'm easy to find. :)

Keith

not going anywhere and im easy to find, oh that is so nice to hear.love my sprungs,I would be pretty bummed if the sprung frames faded away.my skates are the most important piece of equipment.keep um coming keith.looking foward to the A6X rocker ride.

is there still a choice of black and white holders?

what wheels are best? 80mm and what hardness?

My new inlines. What do you guys think? I know the boots are mad old but they are so comfy that I couldn't just retire them. I'm not thrilled with the wheels but they'll have to do until I can get different ones. I know at my game friday night I'm gonna get a ton of questions because I've never seen anyone at the rink with them.

sprung

is there still a choice of black and white holders?

what wheels are best? 80mm and what hardness?

White only, which you can dye to any color. Wheel durometer similar to any other chassis, whatever works for your weight and skating style.

White only, which you can dye to any color. Wheel durometer similar to any other chassis, whatever works for your weight and skating style.

Actually, you generally want a harder durometer than with rigid frames. And you want a wheel with the least amount of sideways bend, which is designed into wheels so you can get a bigger contact patch when nothing else can give. When you add bending to stiff suspension you eat up the suspension. Extra soft flexible wheels are like an old Cadillac in mud. Look at race tires. No sidewall to flex and interfere with the suspension.

With a harder, (like soft instead of Xsoft), and less flexible wheel, you will be faster with less effort and your Sprungs will work much better because every performance attribute is improved. This part has nothing to do with you. It's just optimizing wheel/chassis performance.

well, i ordered an a7 frame. It came today, and after i got it mounted i realized it was an a6 as my 80 mm wheels dont fit. This sucks and ends my experiment with sprung, too bad cause it looked promising

well, i ordered an a7 frame. It came today, and after i got it mounted i realized it was an a6 as my 80 mm wheels dont fit. This sucks and ends my experiment with sprung, too bad cause it looked promising

Where did you get them? I thought we were out of A6s. Maybe the wrong rocker arms?

You just gave me hope. I got them today, the box said said a6 but read somewhere here that disregard what the box says. Anyway i have been doing some research the last half an hour, and i was under the impression that some of the a8 rocker arms i had would fit on the a7, but im hoping now thats that not the case and that is the problem. thanx

You just gave me hope. I got them today, the box said said a6 but read somewhere here that disregard what the box says. Anyway i have been doing some research the last half an hour, and i was under the impression that some of the a8 rocker arms i had would fit on the a7, but im hoping now thats that not the case and that is the problem. thanx

The same all 80mm (originally A8) rocker arms do fit into A7s. They are A7/8 arms. The A6 arms are strictly 76mm, but also fit into A7 and A8 frame bodies. Actually the A7/8 arms also fit into A6 bodies, but you'll never get the 80mm wheels in there.

email me RE this and it can get straightened out if it isn't already. sprungster9@gmail.com

The same all 80mm (originally A8) rocker arms do fit into A7s. They are A7/8 arms. The A6 arms are strictly 76mm, but also fit into A7 and A8 frame bodies. Actually the A7/8 arms also fit into A6 bodies, but you'll never get the 80mm wheels in there.

Woah... Keith, so if you have a A6 frame and A7/A8 rocker arms, what size wheels would you be able to fit? Please please please say 76mm....

What would the wheelbase be for the A6 with A7 rocker arms compared to a full A7. Currently got a pair of A7 already mounted on some skates, and want to mount some sprungs on some new Grafs that I just got. Rather than pull the current A7 off my other skates, was thinking of using the A6 I've got laying around and mounting them on the Grafs, then pinch the parts from the A7.

Mannnnn.... this is just causing me more headaches (good thing)...

I can tell you,as unfortunately i have been trying to figure it out all day in hope i did get the a7, that 76 mm will fit with a7/8 rocker arms on an a6.

OMGWTFSPRUNGSKNOCKOFFS!!!

Just caught this off of one of eBay's ads while looking for some stuff :o

Anyone seen them before? they look awful!

I was about to say hope you have a good lawyer in the family, but on a closer look they don't have suspension at all. Still... what a coincidence :P

VERY useful info about the A6's ahead of my purchase. What's the largest wheel I can fit on those?

Would an A7 be too much for a size 6/6.5 boot?

Thanks!