Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Torspo-9-A7.jpg

And heeeeerrrreeee's A7! This is a size 9, which is about the same as a size 8 Rbk/CCM. A little more polishing and fine tuning and they will be heading here next week. :) :) :)

Keith, are you going to be selling this with the Torspo package?

It would be cool if you could put the A7 next to an A6 or A8 for a comparison...

if you look at the A7 next to the A8, you will see that the gap between wheels 2 and 3 will be smaller on the A7. The other gaps should be the same since they use the same A8 rocker arms. I would assume there is a tighter spring so that there is less travel on these so that wheels 2 and 3 don't touch. In any case, I'm eager to swap out my A8's for these and see if I like them.

I've used my Sprungs in the world games for team USA, in the AIHL, AAU Nationals, And playing in Narch Pro this weekend. I could not ask for a better frame. I LOVE SPRUNG!

I was given a set of these and wasn't sure which ones people were using? the long armed ones or the short floating kind.

p4052733p275w.jpg

I tried using the search feature and it came up with everything under the sun, and I couldn't get it to narrow the search for this thread so it may have been covered

I was given a set of these and wasn't sure which ones people were using? the long armed ones or the short floating kind.

Since sprungs use 8mm axles, the short floating ones should be the ones that you need, the long sleeved ones are designed for 7mm axles.

Also, if you just want to search the a thread, just above the page select down the bottom there is a search feature for the thread only :)

Torspo-9-A7.jpg

And heeeeerrrreeee's A7! This is a size 9, which is about the same as a size 8 Rbk/CCM. A little more polishing and fine tuning and they will be heading here next week. :) :) :)

How far does the back wheel go past the heel of the skate? It looks like a lot.

Torspo-9-A7.jpg

How far does the back wheel go past the heel of the skate? It looks like a lot.

The boot is about the same as a Bauer 8.5 , and these are the smallest boot sizes the A7 is designed to go on. The wheels actually stick out the same 1", front and rear. If the mount size is better for your boot than the A6 or A8, you can still use 76mm wheels. The 80mm rocker arms are stronger than the 76mm rockers, but if you still want to shorten the wheelbase some, you can use A6 rocker arms and 76mm wheels.

So Keith, does that mean

A6 - A6 Rocker arms only

A7- A6 and A8 rocker arms fit

A8 - A8 rocker arms only

oooo... cant wait for the A7 to be sent out.

The A7 and A8 can both use A6 rocker arms.

The first A7's leave China on the 19th, which is pretty much our 18th. Should be here before the end of the week. The presale ends tomorrow. :)

Just a quick re-endorsement for sprungs. Been skating on them for a bout a year now. Got some Boss's (not the boss blacks) over Christmas. Just skated on them for the first time on saturday. I now NEED to ship them off to Keith to put on a pair of sprungs. They are just so far superior (imo) to anything else i've ever tried/had. I feel so much more stable on them yet still more maneuverable.

Keith can you update the "buy" page on the website so I can buy the A7 frames only. I'd like to get these mounted asap :)

Keith can you update the "buy" page on the website so I can buy the A7 frames only. I'd like to get these mounted asap :)

All of the A6, A7 and A8 frames and parts are sorted out on the site now. :) :)

Finally got round to getting a picture of my easton 1200c's I purchased from Fatwabbit. I absolutly love the feel of the sprungs, first time skating on them after using tri-di's and there was no transition to get used to them, they just felt so good!!! I've had about 5 other people try them on and everyone just loves the feel of them! One of my mates (who didn't try them on, his foot was too big :lol:) said if he breaks or looses hardware for his current skates (original nike quest 1's with the red star frame) he'd definatly consider picking up a pair of sprungs just from seeing the awesome design of them. I'm definatly a sprung convert now, and trying to drag more people with me :P

img2339sw8.jpg

Already spoke to Keith, and I'll be sending him the $$ for the Sprung A7s either today or tomorrow.

*so* stoked to try these puppies out. :)

Ok I have a question for you sprung lovers. What is it supposed to be like. How does it feel when you skate ? What is Sprung supposed to do ?

Ok I have a question for you sprung lovers. What is it supposed to be like. How does it feel when you skate ? What is Sprung supposed to do ?

The first time I used them the only a few words came to mind, first it was AMAZING! apart from that the only way I could describe it is "fluid" it's really something you have to try, it truely does live up to all of the hype :D

I've done a direct comparison to other chassis. Was using a pair of Wicked 7 for a few weeks, even took part in a tournament with it so I was pretty comfortable with them. I got some of the Torspo/Sprungs from Keith, and tried them out at a drop in. Didnt feel right (didnt bake them properly) and immediately swapped to my wicked 7s. Felt like i went back in time, trying to learn to skate again! The wicked 7s just felt so ackward that I took them off after two laps of the rink. Went to the Torspos again and played the rest of the night in them.

Went home, rebaked, and the skates have been sweet ever since.

The A7's are in the building, and they have the tightest tolerances and action, yet. We'll be shipping out as many as possible today and tomorrow. I'm in Vegas at the Hockey Show Monday to Wednesday night. Earliest orders ship first. :)

The A7's are in the building, and they have the tightest tolerances and action, yet. We'll be shipping out as many as possible today and tomorrow. I'm in Vegas at the Hockey Show Monday to Wednesday night. Earliest orders ship first. :)

hey keith, think I could pick mine up in person, maybe? I live in Vegas :)

hey keith, think I could pick mine up in person, maybe? I live in Vegas :)

Yep, no problem. The show's at the South Point, and I'll email my number.