Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Skated on the sprungs tonite and all I have to say is WOW. These are the real deal. It felt real weird at first, but after I adjusted, it was great. Turns were super tight, Ive never stopped with so much power, my takeoff was amazing. The only thing I had to get used to is backwards skating with them, but its coming. Great Job Keith, you made one hell of a product!

How is your speed compared to the hummers you were on?

I'm out in Vancouver, Canada do you have any players demoing your frames? would live to see how they work. With our new season starting in September do you think they will will be available to purchase? I always like to be the first one on the block showing off the new gear :o .

Skated on the sprungs tonite and all I have to say is WOW. These are the real deal. It felt real weird at first, but after I adjusted, it was great. Turns were super tight, Ive never stopped with so much power, my takeoff was amazing. The only thing I had to get used to is backwards skating with them, but its coming. Great Job Keith, you made one hell of a product!

How is your speed compared to the hummers you were on?

I noticed a pretty significant increase in speed.

vitaminchi that sucks,inline hockey started out as a cross trainer for ice hockey for me,next thing ya know is im hooked on a great game and a ton of fun,4on4 also helped my ice game awareness.

Hey,

Everybody expecting frames from me can get tense, cause they're on the way as of this morning!!!!!!!! PHEW.

And my thanks to Kovey71 for his pioneering spirit. Most excellent skating to you dude!

And Kovey, have your LHS email me with their address so I can send them some to replace the ones you sent (I hope) to Jr.

Thanks Sprung, just to let you know, I will NOT switch back to normal chassis. These are the real deal! I hope a lot of people find out about these and they become a hit

Question: Was it ok to have my skates baked with them?

I haven't had any problems baking them.

They're dyed in boiling water, which only tempers the plastic.

I've also dyed some without even taking them apart, so the springs got boiled along with everything else... no problemo.

Ah I cant wait to get mine now!

Kovy, How long did it take the transition? Ive skates on HiLo all my life, and I'll be going to this chassis soon, But in less than a month Ive got a big International tournament. Think I'll be used to it by then?

Also the fact you noticed extra speed is awesome, I wanted to try the hum'er for moer speed!

Oh yeah one last thing, How do you find the grip on turning, stopping and push offs? Ive always got a lot of toe slippage in my hilo's.

Ive skates on HiLo all my life, and I'll be going to this chassis soon, But in less than a month Ive got a big International tournament. Think I'll be used to it by then?

Also the fact you noticed extra speed is awesome, I wanted to try the hum'er for moer speed!

Oh yeah one last thing, How do you find the grip on turning, stopping and push offs? Ive always got a lot of toe slippage in my hilo's.

Hey Ash,

You've got a treat coming!!

I've seen (or been informed when I wasn't there) MANY young and senior skaters put these on and go straight into major tournaments with no breakin at all.

The guys on the Czech and Swiss teams tried our sample skates the day before their games and had them mounted that day. One of them was actually on our RBK samples because his boots were too thrashed to remount. It's very common for skaters to reserve a pair of our samples the second they walk into the rink, on hearsay.

Their friends who are already on the frames tell them to forget about their skates and just go out and play good hockey.

The grip on push off, turns and stopping are the strong points of the frames. Added quickness and speed are the desert.

How durable will the frames be for outdoor skateing?

Can they (especially the springs) stand an ocational recreation trip with the GF or a high level pick-up game with some friends, or should they only be used for Indoor play.

Thinking maybe rain & dust can have a negative impact on the various moveing parts of the frame?

There was some mention in a previous post of perhaps going with an all 80 set up. How have these experiments looked? It seems like the extra speed with the 76's equaling or surpassing the hummer would be even greater with an all 80.

I have the Sprung frames mounted onto Bauer Classic ice skates - Hockey Giant did it no problems using instructions from the Sprung guys - and have skated with them for about 4 months now. After the switch to Sprung from regular inline skates with HiLo frames I got tighter turns, better acceleration from standstill, and easier stops. Teammates claim I'm skating much faster, but I can't really tell. The skating all seems much smoother though. Was an easy transition from my previous skates, but it took about 2 games before I fully settled into them and felt completely comfortable with pivots and stops. Highly recommend the frames. Also have a buddy that just replaced the frames on his Mission 750s with Sprung and likes them on that boot.

ice-

yea, i came to school up here, not really into roller, but then got hooked. occassionally go back to ice, and roller is still "developing," up here. i have to go back to NJ to really play.

so where can i pick a set of these frames up? i was trying to get the hummer's on a pair of graf's, but i suppose i can try this out.

oh ,nj has some really good inline going on.thats funning i got hooked with the inline thing from ice also.i took my grafs and put the censor chassis on and then went and bought some easton z airs -cuase you got to have ice skates on hand in the north east.i just got the sprung frame in the mail yesterday(that was quick)and sent them to get mounted on a pair of z-airs ,so i will have a pair of z-airs in ice and roller.i cant wait to do some skateing this weekend,if all works out -i will do some inline skateing saturday ,sunday morning,ice hockey sunday night,inline game monday night.i always had a hard time going from inline back to ice, so the sprung frames should help the transition.

Second Skate Update

Played my first game in em. Skating was nice, but I really felt on my toes, which was a different feeling. I felt on my heels with my nikes, so this will take some getting used to. Just about the only thing ill hav e to get used to though