Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Yeh I think most people are willing to buy in to marketing hype Eg. T-blades.

At the moment I'm putting off getting some new rollers as I'm considering your chassis

*rubs hands gloatingly*

I love hearing it.

No matter what the paint job, conventional frames are prehistoric. Rigid axles went out with chariots some time around 1800 years ago. Think Ben Hur!! Shit, even buckboards like in cowboy movies had suspension.

Of course, I could seriously dig a nice consevative Chevy II with five or six hundred horsepower and a solid rear end. Wheelies are us!!! Need a kidney belt for speed bumps, though.

I had a hard tail Harley, and the whole frame flexes like a leaf spring. Like a skate board. Wonderous feeling!!!! Twist my arm and I'll put up a picture of most excellent rigid.

I've been using Tuuk Rockers for years as I do play ice more than roller through the course of the year and they feel more like ice than traditional chassis do and it makes the transition back and forth easier. If your frames perform even better and do a better job of replicating an ice feel I'd definitely be willing to pay a bit more to have them on my skates vs a traditional chassis. Right now the rocker isn't available on any new models so I pay to have them mounted on boots - if your chassis cam stock on a good boot that fit my foot well it'd save me the mounting fee anyway and I like the fact that they use 76mm wheels as I already have a several sets of those.

This post is for all roller and ice players.

Sprung is a tiny company, and we have developed this product from the patent applications through the prototype and testing phases, of every stage and model, on our own time and money with no where near enough investor bucks. And all in the face of the roller industry through years of closed doors and unanswered phone calls.

At this point, it's the best improvement in roller hockey since the sport went from quads to inlines.

Now we're trying to figure the best price structure for the players that will still give us some recovery of our expenses. And some is the key word, because it'll be a quite a while before we're out of the red zone.

To reduce the tarriff, we suggest buying a new, one or two seasons old ice boot to mount them on. Ice boots are much better quality, level for level, than roller boots, because the bucks go into the boot and less expensive ice holder instead of the "special fancy" roller boot and more expensive chassis, bearings, spacers and wheels.

And, if you follow our easy instructions, you can mount them yourselves at home with 6-32 T nuts and screws, which are available at every hardware store in the country. Well, most of them anyway.

So this chassis is really the best bolt on improvement in your skating available, period. As we say, "your best game."

What we're thinking, for the first year at least, is a retail price of $120 a pair, and a ten purchase team price of $80 a pair. If you don't have ten players on your team, you have to find some friends who want a cheap ride.

What do you think???

I think its good, but most average players wouldnt be to willing to lay down $120 bucks for a frame they havent heard much of. I think when its more out in the public eye, and people are seen using them and liking them, then it will be much more popular.

I think having demos at leagues and games would be a good idea, so people can see the frame in person, and see people skating on them. or maybe even have a pair of skates with it on that they could try out.

Just something to get them to realise the benefits from your frame over others (HiLo or Hum'er).

The demos at tournaments and rinks have been our best advertising, and they have done wonders for us. The world championships in New Orleans last year and Detroit this year were fantastic for us. That's where Iceburg tried them, which led to this thread.

We also have a hundred or so of these frames scattered around on top players around the world. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be the type of players who go on forums much. They are being seen at major tournaments, though. I'd love for some of the guys that have been on the frames for more than a year now to come on and give some very opinioniated posts.

We're setting up our gallary on the website so young skaters and old can see that they're on a lot of fantastic players who really love and depend on them. And winning teams, too.

We're also setting up sprunghockey.com to sell them online along with the increasing number of stores that will be carrying them. I don't expect anybody to buy anything that they don't see getting used by important players and players just like themselves.

We didn't have the bucks to go to NARCh too. But we were well represented there by a lot of players and teams.

Although Christain Skoryna was the only NARCh Pro Gold Medal Palma Cyclone on them at the tournament, Jouquin Chavira has also been on them a lot. He and his brother Itan are getting the new ones this weekend for some final testing. Hopefully, along with a bunch of the other Cyclone players. Most of them have been on them and liked them, but didn't like the boots we supplied for the tests.

I've got a feeling they might be moving toward the new Wicked Light as a boot of choice. I want some to skate on myself. Our new white frame will look killer on it!!!

There will be more and more of this in the near future to help move up the awareness level that we need.

I need more feedback on the pricing, though. That's why I put it up.

"Ice boots are much better quality, level for level, than roller boots, because the bucks go into the boot and less expensive ice holder instead of the "special fancy" roller boot and more expensive chassis, bearings, spacers and wheels."

:blink: oh i know justin will have something to say about that one... :P

well ill tell ya,i could see the boot issue being important-i myself have always liked the ice boot set up - i try to have the same ice and roller boot be the same although we all know the surface were skateing on is different,ice compared to a roller floor.i am changing my skates to easton,so the new frames will be mounted on an easton ice boot and hopfully there will be some consistency with my inline skateing to my ice skateing.when this all comes around i will give some feed back.right now im back on the ice and alittle hesitent to skate on the inlines.by the way my kids skate on mission and ccm inline,we do support the inline industries.and by the way the new mission stuff is awsome,those guys did a great job.

Yeah, I did the work. Had trouble mounting Labedas but these fit great. Only issue (Keith?) is that the rivet holes are too close in the toe area. I had to expand them a bit.

Yeah, I did the work.  Had trouble mounting Labedas but these fit great.  Only issue (Keith?) is that the rivet holes are too close in the toe area.  I had to expand them a bit.

The holes are too close on the current model. I moved the holes out away from the frame on the new ones. I also extended the toe, to better support the toe of ice boots , because many of them only have a ring of sole material where the ice holder mounts.

Some skaters wearing a 10-10.5 were bending the toe down over the end of frame a little. Once you get used to using the toe and skating through it you need the support under the toe of your boot. So the holes and the toe support are both fixed now.

The current ones and the new ones are easier to mount without the rocker arms, so they don't get dinged by the drill or the mounting machine. It's good to have one with the wheels in it though, so you can double check the front to rear and left to right set.

I saw the picture and they looked a touch toeish. I've found that the 1/4" behind the center of the length of the sole matched to the horrizontal line of the X member on the bottom of the frame (the exact center of the fame with rockers and wheels in place), gives a perfect front to rear set.

You have to be sure you're looking straight down on the cross member and the 1/4" behind centerline, however, because the tilt of the sole and the pitch of the fame can play havok with perspective. I goofed a few a bit at first because of this. Even the most finatical mounters I know (and I know some neurotic perfectionists) goof a mount once in a while.

I have a best bud who only uses copper rivets and he'll cut them all off and do it over if they're off a 1/16', left to right or front to rear. My feet certainly aren't that sensitive. OEM mounting is seldom that accurate. But OEM mounting is one of his biggest roller equipment beefs.

We've all seen brand new boots from excellent companies with the frames mounted so far forward they look like recreation skates and there's maybe supposed to be a street break on the back or something. Hard to skate on!!

kovalchuk71,those are some tough looking skates,im braking in my z-comps as im writing this,just a few questions thou,what size skate are the frames mounted on?and did you use rivits or t-screws?

i love the way they look,totally tough,i cant wait to get mine mounted ,they should be here any day,in the mean time ive baked my z-comps once and lace them up while im on the boards just to get a brake in head start.when you get to the rink you got to post some reactions from other skaters ,i would like to know what these guys are thinking when they see them.

Something I haven't mentioned.

These are flat frames, and goalies can put little wheels on them and they're like having supper feet. Way more agile, with much better scullying forward/reverse. Much more stable, with all the wheels on the court while your weight moves front to rear in both feet.

The new material won't break with the HARDEST point blank shot. They're light and they won't get bent up.

Just a bu;g for goalie ears!

Skated on the sprungs tonite and all I have to say is WOW. These are the real deal. It felt real weird at first, but after I adjusted, it was great. Turns were super tight, Ive never stopped with so much power, my takeoff was amazing. The only thing I had to get used to is backwards skating with them, but its coming. Great Job Keith, you made one hell of a product!

Thanks Kovey.

I'll put you up on the website. Send me a picture of you on them and some team info and I'll use your quote. Or you can send me another one in a couple of days when you're more used to em.

You'll soon ove the transition and reverse skating!!