Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GH_ID

Custom

I know they offer to do a setup to make custom blades for you but I think they'd really increase business if they offered to duplicate common industry standard patterns like the Coffey, Drury as well as classics like the Shannahan that are coming harder to find. Don't CALL it a shanahan of course, just pattern P14 or something.

The usual Sakic/Modano/Lindstrom clones are fine but for the small cost of creating a few molds that can be used over and over again on demand, they'd be doing a LOT more business.

I thought their plan was to keep peoples patterns on file and give you some money towards new sticks when other people use your pattern? If this is the case, getting a Shanny or other oft copied pattern may not be too difficult. I'd assume a few people would want a regular pattern in a colour scheme they can make up.

What are the flexes shown compared to Easton? Does anyone know? Also, how is the grip, like the 2004 yellow synergy? I may have to get some customs done! ;)

What are the flexes shown compared to Easton? Does anyone know? Also, how is the grip, like the 2004 yellow synergy? I may have to get some customs done! ;)

Soft(75)

Regular(85)

Stiff(100)

XStiff(110)

you have to buy at least 3 for 224$ a piece, that doesn't seem worth it at all to me. the color is the only thing that's really custom anyways.

just get a vapor XX custom color for around $170. A proven stick with more blade pattern choices. (hockeygiant has 'em, but i'd go to a LHS. )

The only reason to do this is for a custom pattern, but that's an extra $200. for those prices, I'd just go with a tapered shaft/wood blade combo.

you have to buy at least 3 for 224$ a piece, that doesn't seem worth it at all to me. the color is the only thing that's really custom anyways.

YOu can get a custom curve as well

With a one-off payment of $199

Mines almost $250..

I will just stick with my ultralite shaft.

If they pay you out after so many orders maybe I should get them to make some copies of pro patterns and mirror others.

Here is the deal with MIA...

I've spoken to a rep over the phone and off the bat I can tell you that the customer service is outstanding. They deal primarily with pro custom orders but they wanted to venture out into retail. They like the fact that they have a small customer base right now. They believe in building relationships with customers and keeping that relationship strong.

If you have a certain blade that you can't live without (some on this forum love the old Titan Foresberg curve) they will recreate that pattern for you. In fact Tyco, a member of MSH, purchased an inferno from MIA with that exact curve. If you use the search option I'm sure you'll be able to find his post.

All you have to do is submit a blade to them and they will make the mold. The only thing is that they keep the blade that you submit to them. I believe they keep it on file if you decide to order more sticks with them. If you really want your blade back, MIA will work with you on that. If you take a look at their website you will notice that they have different shafts. The prolite shafts will cost more. You have your choice of colors and you can also put your name on the shaft.

Botom line, this company rocks! They really work hand in hand with you and try to earn your business. The rep also sensed that I was a little leary on ordering with them after he gave me a quote. Its a lot of money to dish out for 4 sticks that you know nothing about. Again, customer service rocks. The rep basically told me that if I order one of their stock patterns (Paulzee) and keep the current paint job (white,red) they will sell me ONE stick so I can try it out. If you like what you see on the ice then come back to us. BTW if you order a stock pattern and mix and match you colors, you only have to order 3 sticks. If you go with a custom pattern and mix and match a paint job you'll have to order 4 sticks. I cannot stress customer service enough to you folks. They really try to earn your business. Like I said I'm in the process of finalizing an oder with them.

This is the way to go if you really have a pattern that you can't live without. I have a lot of patterns that I like and one of them will no longer be available after this year. TPS is no longer producing the Mark Messier pattern. I wonder what Easton will do with the Yzerman pattern?

I wonder what Easton will do with the Yzerman pattern?

Rename it after another sponsored player.

will they do the same with the junior pattern

or would it be called the sakic cause its the same thing

what are you talking about?

the sakic and yzerman curve are way different

and the yzerman is way more of a hook than a curve

and like jcp2 said theyll rename it like Briere or Zetterberg or something like that

what are you talking about?

the sakic and yzerman curve are way different

and the yzerman is way more of a hook than a curve

and like jcp2 said theyll rename it like Briere or Zetterberg or something like that

im talking about the JUINOR yzerman.

the jr yzerman is a p3 so is the sakic

if they take away the yzerman what will they call the juinor curve

a sakic or a new player

I don't know what's more interesting; a RbK employee pushing his former employer's product/customizer or the fact that this stick is no different than a RbK 7k repainted.

So, I guess if you like RbK sticks, carry on wayward son. :rolleyes:

what are you talking about

what sticks repainted the mia one

I don't know what's more interesting; a RbK employee pushing his former employer's product/customizer or the fact that this stick is no different than a RbK 7k repainted.

So, I guess if you like RbK sticks, carry on wayward son. :rolleyes:

what are you talking about

what sticks repainted the mia one

He's saying Mia repainted the Rbk