Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

So i skated with Ovechkin

The part about his skates is true tho, our team just ordered new skates, the RBK rep was at our rink after practice, he also delt with ovechkin and CCM Skates, he said that last year they asked ovechkin what he would change about the skate and he said nothing, only this year he will have gold and black CCM's instead of blue and silver, he will also have black towers, with ovy written in gold cursive writting on the side, Crazy style.

The description he gave you is not exactly correct.

I should've edited my post - the black/silver are the RH version, but he's not skating in those. I didn't want to give the impression that he was skating in a pair of inline boots.

I think it's going to be the new Vector - I think the blue/silver has been overdone.

Already? :blink:

Those skates do look better than the blue/silver though.

As unbelievable as it may sound, it's pretty hard to document any proof for it. I sure as hell don't bring a camera with me anytime I go to a rink other than my phone and that's locked away during the time I skate. Hell, I was at the table next to Kirk Maltby a few weeks ago at breakfast and didn't do anything to acknowledge who he was other than nod at him and point to my Leafs hat.

Does one really want to document being near a guy like Maltby?

about 8/9 years ago the Leafs practised at Teen Ranch in caledon and people could just walk in and watch it wsnt well known like I happened to have practice there later on that day but my coach went out and just skated they asked if anyone wanted to i mean we were 9 at the time so obviously none of us were going out but in Canada especially around Toronto this stuff happens a bit,

As unbelievable as it may sound, it's pretty hard to document any proof for it.  I sure as hell don't bring a camera with me anytime I go to a rink other than my phone and that's locked away during the time I skate.  Hell, I was at the table next to Kirk Maltby a few weeks ago at breakfast and didn't do anything to acknowledge who he was other than nod at him and point to my Leafs hat.

Does one really want to document being near a guy like Maltby?

I couldn't stand the guy either from seeing him play but he seemed decent off the ice, Wings hat and all. Wife was ugly as sin though.

I cant count the number of pros that I have been by for a skate.. but ovechkin was definately somethink else...really nice guy to talk to

I can't believe anyone thought he would just lie about it, I was skating with a couple AHL'ers a couple Europe guys (one italian league, one german league (I think?)) Three times a week, along with some NCAA players, and a couple prep kids and one guy who just signed to the UHL.

It's all about just who you know, because my coach from this year told me to just give one of the guys a call and ask about skating.

i believe him, i dunno what the big deal is pro's skate at random rinks all the time. When

I was playing juniors in texas we used to skate with 11-12 guys from the dallas stars and a few guys from the CHL a few days a week for the whole season. this was of course the same year as the lockout 04-05 i thnk?? So if you skated with ovechkin thats sweet, i still remember all the crazy stories those guys had.

i believe him, i dunno what the big deal is pro's skate at random rinks all the time.

agreed. i've played with 4-5 NHLers at open hockey at random rinks on long island.

hell, there were a few islanders in a local beer league 2 summers ago playing for fun.

Every once and a while you will find some of the Cane's players at noon pick ups or stick and pucks in the summer. I have skated with some of them a couple times this past summer.

At our tryouts, the Midget AAA's coaches kid came out and skated with us. He plays for the Marlies and I think he's played a couple games for the Leafs. He was Chris St. Jacques. You don't realize how good the people in the NHL and close to making it actually are until your on the same serface as him, and yea it actually made you play better. You feel like working harder and focusing more. It was really quite sweet.

yeah Jbone, Chris is amazing.

Well compared to the players me and you play/played with he is.

And skating with even a semi-pro player steps up your game as well.

ok here is what happened believe it or not.

There is a rink about 5 mins north of toronto called the pavilion where there is a hockey school called Jim Thompsons powerhouse hockey... there have been a bunch of players that trained there when they were on their way to the NHL such as raffi torres, jarrett stoll, mike camalleri, jason spezza (excuse the mispelled names) and they keep going back there every summer to skate and do drills. Usually when aug/sept comes around there are a bunch of pros that train there along with minor leaguers (ohl ahl ext...) Now there were a couple of players who were capitals and today when i got dressed with some guys and we went on the ice ovechkin was there and we did drills/scrimmage.And as for the skates.. im sorry but i dont take cameras with me to the rink.. but i will try to use photoshop or with someone whos good at it to remake what i saw..

and the skate was at 10 am, and as soon as it was 11 he was off the ice. Everyone else practiced untill 11:30..And there was nobody there because from what i heard he did want a quiet skate

I believe him^^^^^^^^. I live in the GTA (General Toronto Area) and the pavillion is a world class rink its top of line and many other pros have been seen there before.So it is very possible that this happened.