Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

You guys have helped me out mucho!

So I was in my LHS today, talking with one of the employees about equipment and such, and how I find out all the newest technologies and knick-knacks from a message board called ModSquadHockey. He seemed very impressed, and was amazed at some of the answers I gave him to questions. I even helped someone pick skates out. Needless to say, he asked me why I hadn't applied there already. I told him I was nervous, and he said there's no need to be, I could easily get the job with my knowledge. So, in the end, it turned out the employee I was talking to, was the owner, and he was offering me a job. I'm definitely going to take it, and pick up an application next time I'm there. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the knowledge I have gained from JR, Chadd, and every one else here. So I would just like to say, Thanks!!! :D

Good job :)

I would apply at my lhs, but the only GOOD one is about 45 mins away.

I got offered a job at play it again, but that doesn't really count.

I like how I have nothing to do with anyone ever getting a job, but atta boy.

From the guy who took a job in Alaska......

Couldn't find a job in the lower 48?

Haha don't worry Mack, you helped out too ;) Your sense of humor helped me haha

From the guy who took a job in Alaska......

Couldn't find a job in the lower 48?

Oh I had a good one, but after a few years in the South it will get to you.

EBondo-

No, no, no, then it sounds like I'm contributing and I try to keep that to a minimum. I was only declaring my lack-of responsibility for anything and how I appreciate it.

Some how an Irish man and grits just don't add up. Good move geographically. I would like to fly fish in Alaska some day.

EB,

Please get ready to share your first "the things customer do at the LHS" story!! It is a whole different world on the other side!

Oh I already have them...I don't even work there (yet) and I hate when people flex sticks, don't put them back, and leave gloves lying around on the floor, or on the wall with a total different glove. I've even fixed it a few times before, on my OCD days.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but i figure instead of making my own topic i might aswell let you all know that MSH helped me get a little gig as an assistant to equipement manager for the local Junior team here.

Oh I had a good one, but after a few years in the South it will get to you.

I don't know if any truer words have been spoken on MSH

For what its worth, MSH probably makes me seem like a dick.

My hockey equipment knowledge far outweighs my skill, because I read these damn boards like a bible.

So, thanks MSH, and DAMN YOU MSH!!

But I am not the dick with the flash gear who cant skate, rocking the Bauer supreme30's, the koho woodies and my Bauer truflex.

So, its not that bad. Now once I get better, I will know what gear to buy!!!