Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SnipeeMacgee

Helmet and Zits

Does anybody think its possible for the bacteria in the helmet to cause zits...I am 24 so over puberty ....and hockey season started and I seem to be getting zits on my forhead only And I was thinking that maybe my helmet is causing it ...its 3 years old...any thoughts???

Exactly what it is.

Bacteria has built up in the foam.

Most common areas are forehead and chin (from the chin cup)

Sanitize it or get a new lid. Wearing a skull cap would help.

Exactly what it is.

Bacteria has built up in the foam.

Most common areas are forehead and chin (from the chin cup)

Sanitize it or get a new lid. Wearing a skull cap would help.

how exactly do you sanitize a helmet other than taking it to a sanitizer like esporta or something? Funk Free?

Whoa, Im not even joking when I say I was just gona make this topic last night. Although is my chin strap that is causing it. I think I will just get a new chin strap once a month.

I'd recommend Sani Sport over Esporta.

what if you just want to sanitize the chin cup how would you recommend i do that since that is the source of my chin acne problems

what if you just want to sanitize the chin cup how would you recommend i do that since that is the source of my chin acne problems

Just buy a new one, they're only a couple bucks.

well its one that i really like since its really comfortable and doesnt irritate and thats important to me since i like my chin cup right up against my chin unlike some people

could you use funk free instead of that though? or alternatively couldn't you just dismantle the helmet and wash the foam with soap & water?

could you use funk free instead of that though? or alternatively couldn't you just dismantle the helmet and wash the foam with soap & water?

I'm not sure funk free will kill all of the existing bacteria.

well its one that i really like since its really comfortable and doesnt irritate and thats important to me since i like my chin cup right up against my chin unlike some people

A bleach solution?

Alas ...i cannot.....I think it would be awsome for Mike Grier ...Jerome Iginala ..Brashear..to drop the mitts .....Helmets fly off to show a doo rag...I would shit my pants laughing!

ive had that problem over the years. even a lil shampoo wash will help out. ive done that and it clears up the issues. clean it after every few skates.

jr, one of the kids on the team wears the UA skully, and i pick on him all the time for his lil head condom.