Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

^^

Gas in mine (Ford Ranger) is getting pretty crazy. You boys with BIG trucks must be having fun with these gas prices.

I just spent about $140 today to put about 31 gallons of diesel in my truck. :(

At least diesel gets somewhat better mileage.

Looking back now, I am glad about my truck purchase from a number of years ago.

2000 Toyota Tacoma ext cab, 2.4L 4cyl, 5spd manual, 2 wheel drive. The truck now has 146,000 miles and the only thing that I have replaced is the brakes twice and the stock battery. I'm still on the factory clutch. All the while getting 25mpg in mixed driving, and I'll cap out at 27 on the highway at moderate speeds.

My company truck is a 2008 Ford F-150 8ft bed with the 4.6L V8 and the best that it has gotten is 17mpg. When my employees use it for deliveries around town it typically gets about 12-14mpg. OUCH!! It is on the company dime and it hurts, but it is better than firing up one of our 11 liter International Diesels that hold 250 gallons of diesel a piece. That is NOT a fun fuel bill when I see it. :blink:

Yeah, Thockey what's your job, I would love a BMW myself :)

^ My apologies, I didn't mean this as a jab at Thockey or anyone else. Just admiring a pretty sick car, thats all.

Edited by greechbc9

All right guys knock it off. His comment about not feeling bad about gas prices had more to do with what the rest of the World pays (compared to the US), not about how much money he has.

gasprices.jpg

We've got people from all different financial classes on MSH. How much money a member has is no one else's business.

Keep mentioning it and warnings follow.

Im moving to Pyongyang.

Its a cool name ANNNND it has cheap gas! Whats not to love?!

Caracas....almost as fun to say...and REALLLLY cheap gas.

Im moving to Pyongyang.

Its a cool name ANNNND it has cheap gas! Whats not to love?!

Caracas....almost as fun to say...and REALLLLY cheap gas.

Yeah, china and venezuela are right at the top of my list. I'd be happy living just off the coast of venezuela though.

Ask his parents..

My parents haven't supported me since i moved out a few months ago, nor did they pay for any of my cars. Everything is under my name and completely paid for.

You can keep guessing about my life, though.

Probably helps that Chavez is in power too.

The government subsidizes gas prices for the public in all of those countries with absurdly low prices.

The government subsidizes gas prices for the public in all of those countries with absurdly low prices.

Plus they use a higher ethanol blend with homegrown crops. E85 came from latin and south american countries that can make it cheaper than water.

Plus they use a higher ethanol blend with homegrown crops. E85 came from latin and south american countries that can make it cheaper than water.

It takes more energy to create corn based ethanol, than you get out of the finished product. Unless you're using power from a completely renewable resource to drive the ethanol refinery, you're still wasting carbon based fuel.

It takes more energy to create corn based ethanol, than you get out of the finished product. Unless you're using power from a completely renewable resource to drive the ethanol refinery, you're still wasting carbon based fuel.

Not to mention also increasing the costs on a lot of our foods. A lot of what we eat is corn based products, and simple economics could of informed a lot of government officials that pushing for E85 was going to drive up food costs. :blink:

If it drives up the price of the high fructose corn syrup they use in coke, maybe they'll switch back to real sugar. There has to be an up side somewhere.

I seek out cane sugar soft drinks. A lot of micro-brew rootbeer, Jones Soda, etc.

Anyway, on cars. I'm going to start looking to replace my XC70 with something a little less safety and a little more sporty. I was thinking an A6 quattro avant since allroads are hard to find and stick to natural aspiration.

My stint with turbochargers will probably be over unless I find one with really nice low-band torque and good throttle response.

I seek out cane sugar soft drinks. A lot of micro-brew rootbeer, Jones Soda, etc.

Anyway, on cars. I'm going to start looking to replace my XC70 with something a little less safety and a little more sporty. I was thinking an A6 quattro avant since allroads are hard to find and stick to natural aspiration.

My stint with turbochargers will probably be over unless I find one with really nice low-band torque and good throttle response.

The R8 V12 TDI. ;)

Edited by Spreedizzle