Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

RBK 9k O-Tech Stick (pics added by JR)

I held one in a LHS a couple weeks ago, and did not think they felt as bad as everyone made them out to be. Then again, I probably had really low expectations because of other member's opinions, but I was expecting it to feel like a brick, and it didn't feel heavier than a Dolomite, but certainly not as light/balanced as a XXX-lite.

did you go the first day because i went on the last day and there were only used lang and datsyuk 9kos

Yes I was one of the first 15 in the door. :D

I personally don't think that they will hold up that long. It seemed like Datsyuk went through like 1 a period when he was using it. I don't think right now that it's worth spending 250 bucks for a stick that's going to break so easily

I thought I heard Datsyuk went 11 games with one before it broke. Still, we can't use pro's as the deciding factor for a retail customer. Unless of course your level of hockey is the same intensity/level as pro hockey.

From and engineering standpoint, I would think a 8-walled shaft would stand up to more abuse than a traditional 4-wall shaft. I guess we wont know till these things start breaking. And the old addage goes, your paying for performance, not durability. ;)

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet in the 31pages of this thread but what will be the Crosby curve pattern? Anyone know for sure?

I think JR has suggested over a few threads that it is not a given that Crosby is signing with Rbk for exclusive stick rights.

I think it was the RBK catalog that said it will be released in Sept. or Oct. I think I have a picture of it somewhere, let me check and post it.

I think it was the RBK catalog that said it will be released in Sept. or Oct. I think I have a picture of it somewhere, let me check and post it.

I know that, and in the RBK catalogue review, I mentioned that they told us to scratch it out.

So confusing. Ok, lets say for the sake of argument this will be a pattern. Is this more a heel than a mid or what?

It was mentioned previously, but it looks to be damn-near identical to the p34 (modano) curve. seeing as Modano no longer uses anything RBK (except maybe the lid) it makes sense to re-name that pattern.

So confusing. Ok, lets say for the sake of argument this will be a pattern. Is this more a heel than a mid or what?

Judging by each one of those axis' to being 1/4".....I'd say that it looks like a 3/8 heel curve.

I thought I heard Datsyuk went 11 games with one before it broke. Still, we can't use pro's as the deciding factor for a retail customer. Unless of course your level of hockey is the same intensity/level as pro hockey.

From and engineering standpoint, I would think a 8-walled shaft would stand up to more abuse than a traditional 4-wall shaft. I guess we wont know till these things start breaking. And the old addage goes, your paying for performance, not durability. ;)

Datsyuk's did last for a while. I recall watching a game where they were talking about his stick and how it had lasted a bunch of games. Later, they felt like jinxes because his stick broke that night.

heard a story about the 9k today... guy who owns the biggest LHS around here got a 9k in a while ago and lent it to one of his employees. it was broken on the first shot. whoops.

bigdaddykane there is going to have a special rbk thing for the 9ko at gilbert rousseau sport on 26 of aughust i will try to get more dirt from rbk guys.

Sorry to bring up this old thread but i just picked up a new 9K and i noticed that it looked like there is a new blade than the last one that i got. Has anyone else noticed this? Any chance that the new blades are more durable than the old ones?