Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

First career hat trick? Missed the last one, but the first two were the result of hard work. Glad to see he is still busting his ass and setting a good example.

I checked out the line on my fantasy team and he had 3 out of 4 goals, but not the game winner.

I couldn't believe all the TSN and Sportnet prognosticators' picking Hall over Perron from the Oilers to replace Stamkos for the Olympic team.

good to see David back in STL last night, he stands out on a team that lacks discipline, teamwork, desire and effort. A great collection of skilled individuals who don't know how to play team hockey. Happy he got a goal, wish he was still a Blue. I wonder what he said to Steen to get him all fired up?

good to see David back in STL last night, he stands out on a team that lacks discipline, teamwork, desire and effort. A great collection of skilled individuals who don't know how to play team hockey. Happy he got a goal, wish he was still a Blue. I wonder what he said to Steen to get him all fired up?

x 2. Saw the highlights on TSN last night; he has pride and doesn't give up.

Perron for a first line C is unimaginable. He would have to go with some picks or prospects. Eberle and Perron in a package would get an interesting return- Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner? Ha. Would be fun to see, however unlikely.

Edited by grnmtnvt

Is Perron being dangled because he criticized the Oilers for continually making the same defensive mistakes?

They keep emphasizing their need for bona-fide offense, when they have great parts in place. RNH will be a solid first-line center once he's fully developed. They need guys like Horcoff to exemplify veteran consistency for their young forwards, and probably one more solid veteran defenseman to do the same.

It looks like it'll be good for Perron to get out of there. He could be an asset to a lot of teams. Marincin too, if that's who they'd package him with as I just read in a rumor column. But I completely agree with everyone here--they want a No.1 center in return? No way. Not without perfect Inception.

In the games that I have seen, David is one of the few forwards on the roster that competes at both ends of the ice every night. Moving him will only compound their problems, not solve them.

• Like 3

Chadd, exactly that, and also, JunkyardAthletic, from the little I've seen of the Oilers lately, how can anyone not like Marincin? Sure, he'll make a mistake now and then, but he's a young defenseman on a crappy team, that'll happen. To me it looks like he has huge upside.

• Like 1

Perron for a first line C is unimaginable. He would have to go with some picks or prospects. Eberle and Perron in a package would get an interesting return- Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner? Ha. Would be fun to see, however unlikely.

If I am the Oilers then there is no way I would do that trade.

Edmonton needs a big body defensively responsible C that can still put up 40-50 points which Stall can and bring some leadership and experience, and Skinner is a better pure goal scorer than Eberle at present. And, cap hits are identical for each pair. Throw in a second round pick to Edmonton and I think it addresses a part of their need. Perron is a second line winger at best, where Staal is far more versatile and fills a bigger hole. Next would be a D or two.

Hall-RNH-Skinner
Pouliot-Stall-Purcell

Wouldn't look bad for a top-6.

edit- I didn't know about Staal's injury status until this evening. That changes it a bit.

Edited by grnmtnvt

Sadly, I have to agree that Mr. Perron needs out of Edmonton. He has made the horrible mistake of answering a question honestly and in a way that reflects badly on what passes for leadership among the players and coaches. Unfortunately for the Oilers the return will be either a former high draft pick who everyone but the Oilers knows is washed up, a former Oil King player who "looked good in junior" or a former Blue Jacket overvalued by Howson.

• Like 1

Edmonton needs a big body defensively responsible C that can still put up 40-50 points which Stall can and bring some leadership and experience, and Skinner is a better pure goal scorer than Eberle at present. And, cap hits are identical for each pair. Throw in a second round pick to Edmonton and I think it addresses a part of their need. Perron is a second line winger at best, where Staal is far more versatile and fills a bigger hole. Next would be a D or two.

Hall-RNH-Skinner

Pouliot-Stall-Purcell

Wouldn't look bad for a top-6.

edit- I didn't know about Staal's injury status until this evening. That changes it a bit.

Staal engineered the trade that sent him to Carolina to play with his brother. If you think they can trade him without upsetting his brother, the foundation of the franchise, you are crazy. Add in the best young player that Carolina has had since the elder Staal was drafted and that trade seems incredibly implausible.

He was their leading scorer last year, and he doesn't have an A...

Scoring shouldn't have anything to do with letters on a jersey, nor does lack of a letter indicate a lack of leadership. There are a number of reasons why players get or do not get letters on their shoulder and many of those reasons have absolutely nothing to do with how they play.

He has to be licking his chops at the chance to play with Crosby or Malkin, or possibly even better yet, ride free on the third line against every team's third paring.