Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

I've held onto this tidbit for a few weeks now, but might as well let it out of the bag -

The Reebok Pattern P40 is now the Perron. He is "sharing" it with Hedman for 2013; I think it's a situation in which the Ai.9 is a continuing product and those P40s already have Hedman's name on it.

Certainly a huge milestone, and one that really appeals to our core demographic.

because im sure someone is going to ask - im guessing the p40 isn't his "real" curve but is vaguely similar?

still cool news for him though!

Perron's pro curve is a RH clone of Kovalev's pro curve.

updating this thread, David and the team have been struggling recently to put the puck in the net. he was stopped by Khabibulin on a breakaway last night. Many openly wondering if a roster shake up is coming. He's been playing with Sobotka and Tarasenko (another incredible young talent). Time for David and other young vets to step it up.

rumors abound on Twitter that St. Louis and Columbus talking about a trade involving Perron

1. Do not know what #CBJ would be parting w to acquire Perron, but #STLBlues do not own a first-round draft pick. #CBJ has three.

2. Should have included @DP_57 in that previous tweet.

3. Told #CBJ have had talks with #STLBlues about a trade that would involve David Perron. #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen will not comment.

I've read a lot of people (on facebook and tsn forum) saying the trade is bad b/c David has "Concussion problems"

I know the Thorton hit had him out for a long time, but he never had another one, did he??

Wow, this has the potential to be huge for Edmonton and a great opportunity for David. He will be one of the older, and more experienced, forwards on the roster. There are also some very skilled centers that can get him the puck, something he didn't always have on his line in St Louis. I also expect the Oilers to put him in an offensive role from day one and not expect him to be a checker as much as a scorer.

• Like 1

I'm 50/50 on this one. As a Blues fan, DP always had potential to make a big play of score a big goal, but held on to the puck too long trying to do too much. Seems the consensus is Edm got the better of this deal. What can StL expect from Paajarvi? I'm not overly familiar with him.

Saw this as it broke earlier but held off on posting. Great opportunity for David to play with some highly skilled forwards. Could be good for both David and the Oil.

MPS has always shown flashes of skill but couldn't really put it together in Edmonton. He's an incredible skater and solid in his own end, but he always seemed like the odd man out amongst their high picks, especially with Gagner finally coming into his own to some degree. I think a change of scenery will do wonders for these guys especially given the systems they are going to. Edmonton seems to run a pretty wide open offensive system which will be a great canvas for a creative player like DP57 to draw on, and at the same time, I think MPS will thrive under the more structured, defense first Hitchcock style of play.