Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Jesus, that "what if?" line could have been sick.

You're not kidding mack...but apparently, J.D. and Jarmo didn't have Espo or Cherepanov high on their list...J.D. said it had nothing to do with the transfer agreement though...they simply went on skill & character. Which those 2 qualities are a compliment to David Perron if they chose him with that in mind.

There is certainly NOTHING wrong with going to St Louis, I could think of a few places I would definitely not want to go but St louis isn't on the list. It's a nice area, at least it is to visit and it's a place to get to grow as a player.

edit: dunno what happened to JR's post.

Edited by TBLfan

Congrats, David. Saw you walking in your "07" jersey with your family after the game heading east on Nationwide Blvd. towards the Hyatt, about a block from the arena. I was going to say something but didn't want to take away from your evening, so here it is: Best of luck with your career, hopefully soon in the NHL.

I think I saw JR and Chadd as well, sporting MSH jerseys in O'Shaughnessy's. I was with a bunch of buddies and you guys were leaving, didn't want to yell across the bar. :D

Left your number at the office, JR. Plenty of MSH repping!

Hope you all liked Columbus...

That was us...you should've yelled out...

We had a blast...I need to recharge my batteries but yes, I did meet up with David and his family before and after the Draft. At one point I was asked to sit with them during the first round, but he got a bit nervous and decided to be with his family, and that's fine by me.

I actually was hoping he lands everywhere but in St. Louis.. but well NHL is NHL so best wishes and congratulations.

Must you shit in his Cheerios?

St. Louis is a good hockey town and great fans and a young team. Much better chance of getting to the NHL earlier than to be on a team that doesn't promote their prospects.

I loved watching the Blues back in the 90s with Hull and Shanahan..Before that was Hull and Oates. Some great players have donned the Blues uniform.

That's a nice little congratulation card. I love how on this site even though I have never met anyone I feel as if I know you all so well.

Are you going to ask Alexei for his autograph first game against MTL? Or is that not proper etiquette for a pro? ;)

Pros who have played with (and for) Gretzky have asked for autos....maybe against an opponent it is not be encouraged.

Besides, who says Alex will be a Hab this year *L*

In the last edition here in Québec of Hockey Le Magazine, David on page 30 about his progression from Midget B to the NHL.

http://www.hockeylemagazine.com/home.asp

I'm specialy intrested in this story because I was myself in Midget B when I stoped playing organized hockey and it blows my mind how you can pass from the bottom level to the NHL.

Encore une fois chapeau monsieur St-Louis!

Are you going to ask Alexei for his autograph first game against MTL? Or is that not proper etiquette for a pro? ;)

...maybe against an opponent it is not be encouraged.

I saw an interview where Ovechkin talked about trading/collecting sticks and getting them autographed from other players when he goes and plays against them, so I couldn't see any harm in asking for an autograph from Kovalev ;)

...maybe against an opponent it is not be encouraged.

I saw an interview where Ovechkin talked about trading/collecting sticks and getting them autographed from other players when he goes and plays against them, so I couldn't see any harm in asking for an autograph from Kovalev ;)

atleast after the game i would think i'd be alright?

Could you copy/paste the article for me? I don't have internet at home for at least one more week and I have limited access here at work.

Know Your Prosects - David Perron

by Chris DeGroat // June 26th, 2007

With their third and final pick in the first round, the Blues selected David Perron out of the QMJHL. What makes Perron a little unique in this draft is that he just finished up his first year of major junior hockey… and he’s already 19 years old. Next season will likely be Perron’s last year in at the junior level, so we should be seeing him in the AHL a year sooner than most players drafted last weekend.

RANKINGS

TSN: 17

Central Scouting: 10 NA

ISS: 15

Red Line: 58

McKeen’s: 32

Hockey News: 31

TSN.ca

With 39 goals in 70 games, first year QMJHLer David Perron helped lead his team to the league championship and a berth in the Memorial Cup and turned an awful lot of heads in the process. But the fact he burst onto the scene, virtually out of nowhere, to accomplish this in his rookie season has some scouts reserving judgment. He wasn’t even on the radar screen last year, playing minor hockey in his first NHL draft year, so some wonder if he’s a one-hit wonder. But he exhibited skill and smarts and a real ability to be a natural finisher. A team that likes him could step up and take Perron early - at least one team has him in their top 10 but some others see him as a borderline first rounder.

Central Scouting

A hard working skilled forward. Is very smart defensively and forces the play with his tenacious fore-checking. His quick stick and quick hands often catch defenders by surprise. Is heads up with the puck and makes impressive passes through traffic. Needs to improve the effectiveness of his body checking. Plays with a lot of energy, but his skating sometimes diminishes at the end of a shift. Led all QMJHL rookies in goal scoring (39), plus/minus (+37) and was second in points (83) during the 2006-07 regular season.

ISS

One of the biggest surprises in the Quebec league this year had to be the play of Lewiston RW David Perron. Went through last year’s NHL draft without being selected, which is not likely to happen again. Perron loves to dangle and is arguably one of the most skilled players available in the 2007 NHL draft. Will cheat on the offensive side of the puck and come back late into D zone, but certainly has offensive skills required to play at the next level.

McKeen’s

05/30/2007 - Posseses slick wheels and elusive moves with the puck, however his first few strides need work .. boasts the stickhandling ability and the overall speed to get past a defender on the outside or inside for that matter .. loves to try and beat a checker one-on-one .. will go in to the holes, but doesn’t generally park himself there .. doesn’t always use his linemates effectively and can be guilty of over stickhandling in traffic – something he likely won’t get away with in the pros .. showed some defensive awareness sliding back to the point when a defender pinches .. at his best when he keeps his feet moving and out works the opponent .. a regular on the powerplay a year older than most in the draft, although this was his rookie season in the QMJHL. (4gp, 1-2-3)

05/17/2007 - A smooth skating, offensively gifted player .. silky touch with the puck is among the most elite in the league .. his creative, unconventional style shows he is a thinking player who displays reactions that opponents are unsuspecting of .. he is a good skater with good balance however, he lacks breakout speed or an adequate first step .. for this reason, he cannot beat defensemen in situations when he is outnumbered .. compensates by slowing down the game with his range of other offensive abilities .. not timid to show frustration visibly, and mental game could be much stronger .. little pokes and slashes throw him off .. plays with emotion, and when channeled with his skill, he will be an even greater threat .. will need to get stronger to set up shop in front of the net, as he is pushed around too easily .. plays the point on the powerplay and has a great sense of how to move the puck .. great defensive effort to keep the puck in at the blueline, but not widely recognized for his defensive prowess, as indicated in his lack of time on the penalty kill .. uses body language such as head and shoulder fakes to challenge forecheckers .. quick and accurate release catches opponent’s off-guard and jumps on loose pucks instantly .. hockey sense gives him an immediate advantage over other players moving up the ranks, but still has much work to do.

NHL Draft Buzz

This second year draft eligible, first year QMJHL’er came out of Quebec’s woodwork after playing Junior AAA with the St. Jerome Panthers of the QJAHL last year .. patterns his game after favorite player, Alex Kovalev, and it shows as his controlled skating stride and talented stickhandling strike a resemblance .. has amazing hand eye coordination and reaction that allows him to deflect pucks that most could not .. a stickhandling wizard who is just a notch below Kane .. disregard all the cliché’s there are about offensive Q forwards, as Perron is not a soft player .. a strong hitter who does not go out of his way to be a checker, but will always finish his checks surprisingly hard and loud if its his responsibility/player to follow through on .. does not shy away from board work, albeit he routinely gets knocked off the puck easily .. not a perimeter player at all .. parks himself near the front of the net, and is a bit of a pain as he jams and hacks at the goalie for loose rebounds .. plays with Faubert and Courcelles .. comes back and helps his defenseman almost acting like a centerman at times .. plays the boards and slot in his own zone with confidence .. made a great diving play to stop a glorious offensive chance against that most players with his talent would not bother trying .. a judicious skater who does not skate hard the entire shift .. is not an explosive skater, and does not have great top end speed, but incorporates a lot of stops and starts to throw off defenders .. still, a good skater who doesn’t lose speed when the puck is on his stick, which is important for starting rushes .. a patiently smart player who employs many tricks to control the play in the offensive zone .. his most imminent flaws are his older age and inconsistency .. some games he dominates and some games he is content with blending in .. Perron is a guy who needs to learn how to be an offensive leader every night, but his offensive gifts are interesting to say the least.

Source : http://www.checkingline.com/2007/06/26/kno...s-david-perron/

Could you copy/paste the article for me? I don't have internet at home for at least one more week and I have limited access here at work.

Blues to Hold Development Camp July 9-13 St. Louis Blues Jun 26, 2007, 12:39 PM EDT

David Backes Download: Complete 2007 Prospect Camp Roster

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced today the team will hold a five-day development camp at The IceZone at St. Louis Mills from July 9-13.

“This is a great opportunity for our staff to have a look at our younger players as they develop in the organization,” said Davidson. “It’s also an excellent chance for our fans to see and interact with current and future Blues.”

Blues prospects at this year’s camp include 2007 first round selections Lars Eller, Ian Cole and David Perron along with the other seven players selected at this year’s draft. Also included at this year’s development camp are David Backes, Erik Johnson, T.J. Oshie and Roman Polak.

All of the events at the development camp are open to the public and free of charge. Fans in attendance will have an opportunity to meet the players and receive autographs after every practice and following the game on Friday, July 13.

In addition, everyone who attends the game on Friday will get a voucher for a free pair of tickets to the September 16 pre-season game against the Atlanta Thrashers. Fans can also register to win great Blues prizes on Friday night and enjoy limited free snacks and beverages.

Doors will open at 6 p.m.

Source : http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=323149

Awesome!

By the way, i would be kinda happy when the 'lawyer' would start to post again. I actually miss him.

Edited by Sven