Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

The pass to MacDonald was one of the best passes I've seen in a while and the spin move before that wasn't too shabby either. It's too bad for the Blues they lost the game, but it certainly wasn't Perron's fault. He played very well especially since they mentioned he was battling the flu and was questionable for tonights game.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Impressive, betcha they're glad they didn't trade him for Kessle. I hope Canada was watching, maybe get a World Championship call?

Shame they lost that game.. but Perron was a beast. He took the puck off the boards and walked to the goal twice with some sweet moves. GREAT game, great season. Rest up, then HIT THE GYM. Only how many days till preseason?

Hopefully many more playoff series to come! During most of the Blues games I've watched this season, Perron was a stand out on the ice. Keep up the hard work, Perron(obviously among others) is a big reason why the Blues have made such a big step forward this season.

I hate Dave Nonis for drafting the dud Patrick "I scored 5 points in NCAA hockey" White over Perron...........

I HATE YOU DAVE NONIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see what the blues do next year with a healthy back end.

Awesome season Mr. Perron!

Just curious, what did Burrows say to you at the end of the game?

Not sure, but I believe they skate together in the off-season.

I'll contact him in a couple of days. Extremely proud of him and what the Blues accomplished this season. Most pundits had them pegged last in the division, let alone making the playoffs.

What can I say

David Perron you are fantastic. What a Performance. You even exceeded my expectations. You have nothing to hang your head about.

Cannot wait for October

Great Job David Perron

Any chance Mr Perron will be playing in the world championships?

I can't imagine he won't at least be asked...I'm sure his past issues with Hockey Canada wouldn't prevent an invitation.

Would it?

It's pro coaches...other pro players. Highest non-NHL level...I think he should be asked, all past BS aside.

He did well at the world juniors, but I admit I know of no 'issues' with Hockey Canada, care to elaborate?

He had issues with the coaching staff the year he played U20. Or that is to say the coaching staff had some issues with his play. Some of it may even be documented in this thread...That staff has changed...and this team is evaluated for different purposes than the U20, so I think it's a totally differnet situation.

He's a pro now, and the World Championship team is (generally) made up of the best available pros for each Country. His perfomrnace in the playoffs should qualify him for an invite to represent Canada.

He will not be a part of Team Canada for the WC this year. I waited a couple of days after their elimination so that I could get my thoughts together (and him as well)

hey JR - let David know that the fans in St. Louis are on board with him - the talk in the stands was "he's no longer a kid - he is a man" and "that's a player you build a team around"

I personally think he can become the next Henrik Zetterberg and play in all situations including killing penalites - which I'd LOVE to see him do.

Edited by Judge Smails

It's funny you mention Zetterberg, because the guy whose progress he most reminds me of is Pavel Datsyuk. Quietly appears on the scene with all the skill in the universe, puts up rising point totals his first two years, but criticised initially for being soft and weak defensively. Gradually, hard work turns those stick-handling skills into a beautiful defensive stick game, the frame fills out, cycle game begins to border on indefensible - and suddenly the point totals ant the /- spike. In fact, David's had a better+/- in his early career. If he can keep getting stronger and smarter on the ice, he could be a lethal two-way player who consistently puts up 80-95pts and challenges for the Selke.

And if he weren't such a GOON, he'd be in the running for the Byng too! :)

Edited by Law Goalie