Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblazer

Buckets and Gloves

Hey,

did anyone see the segment on this on sportsnet the other day? Hilarious. They were talking about how parents are complaining about it. So the bigger guy says like "oh this is horrible does nothing good" etc. They show some interviews with moms and stuff. Then kyper goes off. "whoa whoa whoa, first of all its not locker boxing, its bucket wars. Second whats the problem their wearing helmets and gloves! Would you rather them square off toe to toe? we used to have 4 or 5 of these every practice!"

I just thought it was funny too see a hockey player stand up for something I'm sure many of us have involved ourselves in at some point.

Bucket wars? Locker boxing.

It's called CAGE RAGES. My brother and I had a few until I got a concussion and my dad found out.

Never seen one man so mad in his life. Though we were gonna be toast.

yea i laughed at the names they came up with.

around here in alberta its only called a cage rage, not helmets and gloves or anything else

fun if you ask me

yea i laughed at the names they came up with.

around here in alberta its only called a cage rage, not helmets and gloves or anything else

fun if you ask me

How can you call it a cage rage if you don't wear a cage or a helmet?

We used to call it cage rages aswell but in junior the fun all got sucked out of it when we realised we had a snitch in the locker room, so every training session that week would be Herb Brooks style ("Again..Again..Again")

I was threatened with a kneecapping in Derry once, locker boxing doesn't have that kind of excitement

woa man, sounds intense, what happened?

our team locker boxes every once in a while.

our captain has beat the crap out of 2 kids soo bad that they quit....but it wasnt necessarily a bad thing!

Seriously, you're only around 15. If you truly are having "fun", you are pathetic, and you're parents need to beat the "fun" out of your ass.

I'm in with mack.

I haven't had much personal exposure to it, but have heard a lot about it, as it seems to be quite popular among some of the house and (shitty) high school teams in the area.

As far as I am concerned, "Locker Boxing" is for those kids who feel the need to compensate for the fact that they're too chicken to get themselves into a lane to block a slapper or to step-up on the 6'1", 195-pound winger cutting through the middle, full speed, with his head down. It's for the guys who don't have the courage to be a real hockey player on the ice, so they figure they'll make-up for it by fighting like real hockey players in the dressing room. It's the sissiest act of machismo I can think of.

It's rec hockey stuff that really has no place in a competitive setting. I'm proud to say that every team I have played on has been above the practice.

I was threatened with a kneecapping in Derry once, locker boxing doesn't have that kind of excitement

woa man, sounds intense, what happened?

Nothing really, coming home, couple of guys on the waterside (Im a catholic, bogside is the catholic area, waterside is the protestant area) stopped us, thought we had started something with their mates earlier in the evening.

Said if he found out it was us he would kneecap us. Told me how he would do it, said he would put 2 breeze blocks on either side of my knee, and drop a third one on it, that way it would shatter the kneecap, so I would always have a limp.

But, like a lot of people, he was all talk.

I was threatened with it one other time, when I was at work, this guy was much more intense and serious, so I called the police on him. Some people you know it's drink talking and some people you know that they are serious and mean it.

Guys on the waterside were drunk looking for trouble, the other guy, sober, serious and looked like he had done that sort of thing before