Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

It's a 07 to 08 thing, not a 360 to PS3 thing.

Yea so you've noticed it too? I was just surprised thats all. By no means are the graphics bad in 08 in fact i think they are awesome but for some reason they are a step back from 07. Strange.

i went to the games web site hoping to find out more about the roster update. and all i found was alot of whining... like wow... i am excitted but its brutal on there

has anyone found a dynasty mode glitch? At the end of teh season there are a few players i choose not to re-sign, but somehow they get signed automatically. ANyone else experience this?

has anyone found a dynasty mode glitch? At the end of teh season there are a few players i choose not to re-sign, but somehow they get signed automatically. ANyone else experience this?

After the first dynasty season in PC things started getting funky. Computer moves are non-existant (as far as trades and such) and I stopped getting goals and jazz from the owner.

Looks like they half-assed getting long-term goals and stuff into it. Way too easy to get all the upgrades too, I'm sitting on a super team, trading farmers for Kariya, Alfresson, Modano, etc

My game has been freezing a bit lately, but it is the only game that does it. It mostly happens at the loading screen before the game even boots up. Anybody seen this, or know a workaround?

Chris

We'd got some "disc is not readable" messages, but the same thing happened with Madden and even Mass Effect. They say it's an error in how the disc was made but meh.

My game has been freezing a bit lately, but it is the only game that does it. It mostly happens at the loading screen before the game even boots up. Anybody seen this, or know a workaround?

Chris

mine has been doing that exact same thing, but if i wait a min it then goes back to normal

Yeah, I am able to play it, but I have to keep rebooting usaully only once or twice, but it happens nearly every time when i first start up.

Chris

in my experience it hasn't been too bad, but I didnt have too much trouble with 07. I have noticed that most games I play online tend to be less laggy than 07 in general, but not a huge difference.

07 for me on 360 was absolutely horrid online. i tried it once, and never played online again for the rest of the year. 08 is MUCH better, rarely any lag, and im going through a shared router too.

one thing i noticed when im online - when selecting your teams, if you try to switch teams really quickly and the game is able to keep up to how fast your scrolling through, you shouldn't notice any game lag. If you notice lagginess when choosing your times, chances are your going to get some lag in the game. I've noticed this "tip" helps me avoid alot of the bad laggers, im not sure if its 100% effective but its worked pretty well so far.

08 is awesome online, usually zero lag for me. ive played over 100 games online, i can't play against the computer, i don't get the same satisfaction that i do when i beat people

I was disappointed because 08 is too similar to 07. I can still win games 14-1 etc etc. The skating might be a little bit different but so what? It's still arcadey and unrealistic. Players score on slappers from the blue line but constantly miss open nets on high shot accuracy! If I turn accuracy down too much, almost nothing gets on goal. I was disappointed, if EA and the 2K series could meet in the middle somewhere, it'd be perfect.

I was disappointed because 08 is too similar to 07. I can still win games 14-1 etc etc. The skating might be a little bit different but so what? It's still arcadey and unrealistic. Players score on slappers from the blue line but constantly miss open nets on high shot accuracy! If I turn accuracy down too much, almost nothing gets on goal. I was disappointed, if EA and the 2K series could meet in the middle somewhere, it'd be perfect.

then you expected too much

did you think you would see any major changes in ea's 2nd year of next gen and 9 months of production?

I guess I shouldn't have, but EA promised more than I could recall in recent memory. I figured they were due for a super good version. BTW, the last half decent sim EA made was NHL 04 for the PC, it was actually like playing a real hockey game, as long as I didn't take advantage of a couple glitches and score 12 goals a game.

So I just got a Playstation 3 and this game and when I try to play online it says that it has to update the game enable to play it. So i select update and it says it had 8 updates but can never get past the first one. I left it over night and it still couldn't get past it. What should i do?

Sounds to me like you need to stop playing it on rookie/pro and move up to All Star ;)

so i just bought my ps3 and got nhl 08 what are some of you ps3 owners gamertags for some online play?

mine is: I_Am_Dynasty

feel free to add

Sounds to me like you need to stop playing it on rookie/pro and move up to All Star ;)

I always play on all-star level. Ok, I admit, I have given up 4 goals once, but i won 16-4(default settings, I bumped up shot accuracy 1/3rd). I would post 9 or 10 goals in the second period and once put up 13 in the third period. Even when I turned shot and passing accuracy down to 1/4th, I was still posting double digits pretty often.