Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

This game is unreal (for 360). The create a player options are insane..being able to pick your stick, flex, pattern, skate radius, tongues in/out, color tape,etc is pretty sweet and unexpected considering last years game. The way they made the individual player's equipment is pretty correct, although I have spent quite some time in the 'Edit Player' option changing up small details I've noticed. I went ahead and made Turco's new gold Rbk pads and they actually look decent in game play. Oh yeah, playinig the actual game is fun too :P .. If you're debating on whether or not to go get the game, it's worth it..i felt kind of dumb spending 60 bucks on a video game but it's sooo fun..

The create a player options are insane..being able to pick your stick, flex,

A question regarding the flex.. Is it kinda real? If you got a 120 lbs player and a 120 flex stick, does that weaken his shooting skills? Or a 210 lbs guy with a 75flex stick.. normally it should break like a twig (if they complemented it the real way)

I found this on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_GMYBS-RI...ted&search=

Nah the XXXX's aren't there.. I was kind of disappointed for that reason, too..They do have the RBK 9K0, though. Also, for Easton sticks there is only the Si-Core and the blue-tipped SL which I thought was pretty weak..It's cool though..As far as as stick flex goes, I really haven't noticed, but another thing I just realized is while creating a player and choosing gear, you can hit the start button and test it out on the ice..( I guess you found that video which shows that feature haha)and you can play around with different flexes and feel the difference..

Nah the XXXX's aren't there.. I was kind of disappointed for that reason, too..They do have the RBK 9K0, though. Also, for Easton sticks there is only the Si-Core and the blue-tipped SL which I thought was pretty weak..It's cool though..

Wow, we really kicked their asses on that one. :)

Nah the XXXX's aren't there.. I was kind of disappointed for that reason, too..They do have the RBK 9K0, though. Also, for Easton sticks there is only the Si-Core and the blue-tipped SL which I thought was pretty weak..It's cool though..As far as as stick flex goes, I really haven't noticed, but another thing I just realized is while creating a player and choosing gear, you can hit the start button and test it out on the ice..( I guess you found that video which shows that feature haha)and you can play around with different flexes and feel the difference..

its an st grip

i felt kind of dumb spending 60 bucks on a video game but it's sooo fun..

I felt kind of dumb buying a 360 for just this game :ph34r:

It was time for something different anyway, and it's really a step up from 07 in terms of the realism. A lot of the little things in gameplay and the animations make this one really shine. Knowing myself I'll have 2K8 by the end of the month as well.

So far my only complaint is when the announcer called Steve McCarthy "Messier" when referring to his go ahead goal.

So far my only complaint is when the announcer called Steve McCarthy "Messier" when referring to his go ahead goal.

Gary Thorne, and his horrible butchering.... like Dennis Wideman.. he says "Weed-a-man"

Do you have to put in the RBK code everytime you play? or is there a way to save them once you put in the code once? I put it in earlier, played a game with the jersey's, then turned it off and when I just went to play again they wern't there. So is there a way to save them?

Gary Thorne, and his horrible butchering.... like Dennis Wideman.. he says "Weed-a-man"

You should listen to Bob Cole brutalize names on NHL2K7, (and probably 2K8)...

What I don't get is, this stuff is all *scripted*. At the recording, don't they have people there to go.. "wait, Thorne (or Cole), it's Nuh-bok-ov, not nah-bah-kohv". heh.

Do you have to put in the RBK code everytime you play? or is there a way to save them once you put in the code once? I put it in earlier, played a game with the jersey's, then turned it off and when I just went to play again they wern't there. So is there a way to save them?

I believe you need to activate your lead profile and set it to auto save in My NHL08 Profile. After that put the code in and you wont need to do it again.

I sent my mom to go get the game while I was doing homework earlier today. Still not done it either, but the game should be in my possession within the next 3 hours or so... Impressions of the final version (hopefully) will come later today.

For those of you who have the 360 version, are there actually stick-on-stick physics, or do they clip like hell through the players' bodies like in the demo?

You can go with a full sock tuck, a tuck in the back, or just a tuck in

front.

As far as twigs:

RBK 7K, Sickick, 9KO.

CCM Vector V10.

NIkeBauer Vapor XXX.

TPS Response(Red).

Sherwood Momentum.

Easton Synergy ST grip (orange), SL (silver/blue).

Mission Fuel grip.

Warrior Dolomite, Mac Daddy.

All patterns and flexes available, too.

is it just me, or are there no easton modelled skates in the game? i noticed that lidstrom is wearing protacks, and zetterberg was wearing the nikes