Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

quick question, Is it possible to cut a player in dynasty mode?

And does anyone know the realative value of the draft pics for trades?

thanks (BTW this is on 360 if it matters)

i was wondering on the ps2 version if you are actually able to pull the toe drags and stuff like ps3 and 360 or if the skill stick is just like 07 which was pretty pathetic. thanks in advance.

Gary Thorne needs to learn how to pronounce names though!

a-fin-o-jen-ov :D

alexander seamen...

Paul Career

i was wondering on the ps2 version if you are actually able to pull the toe drags and stuff like ps3 and 360 or if the skill stick is just like 07 which was pretty pathetic. thanks in advance.

I haven't been able to do it. TBH it is very similar to 07' for ps2. I am going to upgrade very soon,

Gary Thorne needs to learn how to pronounce names though!

a-fin-o-jen-ov :D

alexander seamen...

Paul Career

In NHL2k, for the past couple of years it has been Dan Ham-House instead of Ham-yoos.

I rented NHL'08 for the PS2 the other day, and all I have to say is.. What a steaming pile of garbage.

It has to be, hands down, the singularly worst sports game I've ever attempted to play.

I rented NHL'08 for the PS2 the other day, and all I have to say is.. What a steaming pile of garbage.

It has to be, hands down, the singularly worst sports game I've ever attempted to play.

It's a shit load better than 07 and 2k8.

My buddy has '08 for 360, and I have to say that I am absolutely loving it. The gameplay is much more realistic than ever - thanks in large part to the A.I. Positioning is a Hell of a lot better in this game than it ever was, which makes it much easier to establish a realistic forecheck or run a system. The skating is much smoother and the game really picks-up on the little things that happen during a hockey game.

EA is doing it right. I'm *this* close to going out and buying myself a 360 for this game alone.

I just got me the game and i think there is something wrong. It says NHL08 but the grafix all look like 07 (in the menus). When i check this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_GMYBS-RI&mode=related&search=) the menus all look totally different.

Whats up with that?

Edit:

Its also pretty weird that it has got some new logos but old rosters in other leagues, new design when it comes to the infos during the game and stuff. Seems like a cheap mixture between 07 and 08.

I started playing last night with the Blues and they had Lee Stempniak (27 G & 25 A last year) rated a 72 Overall, while Ryan Johnson (4th liner) and Peter Sejna (minor leaguer) are rated 76...that made no sense to me at all.

rating system is different this year, just watch the ign videos. Like stempniak might be a decent goal scorer in that sense, but johnson could be decent grinder, and their ratings are relative to that

I started playing last night with the Blues and they had Lee Stempniak (27 G & 25 A last year) rated a 72 Overall, while Ryan Johnson (4th liner) and Peter Sejna (minor leaguer) are rated 76...that made no sense to me at all.

it's not all about the "overall" anymore

a 75 overall player could be your best offensive player. You have to look at his actual stats and judge it by his skating and shooting and offensive awareness. What makes players a higher overall (like 85+) is their balance between offensive awareness and defensive awareness, plus their poise, discipline and checking.

I just got me the game and i think there is something wrong. It says NHL08 but the grafix all look like 07 (in the menus). When i check this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_GMYBS-RI&mode=related&search=) the menus all look totally different.

Whats up with that?

Edit:

Its also pretty weird that it has got some new logos but old rosters in other leagues, new design when it comes to the infos during the game and stuff. Seems like a cheap mixture between 07 and 08.

It's only going to be good (or "next gen") if you have it on PS3 or Xbox360.. PC/PS2 have the same crap graphics as last year.

I was dinking around the create-a-player and what the hell is the advantage of a toe curve? I tried out the Smytty curve and it's a pain in the ass trying to aim shots. That option is tits on a bull.