Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

My One95's turned up today, the fit is the same as my XXXX's (7.5D in both XXXX and ONE95). Very comfortable and after baking them, all the pressure points disappeared. I checked the steel by holding a ruler against the blade and they're both 100% straight. I'm very pleased with these skates.

The LHS owner who set the skates up for me (baking, profiling 25/45 and sharpening) was very impressed by them, he skates on RBK 9K skates and has recently recieved the new 9Ks, however he has a pair of ONE95's coming for himself in the next day or two and he thinks he might like skating on them as the fit is practically the same as the new 9K skates (the stance is also the same).

I am waiting until tomorrow to skate in them, but I'm expecting great things from these skates :)

Edit : Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my left skate had two footbeds in them for some reason...

Now that you mention it JR, I tried to the two myself and thought the fit was much the same, although I did notice that the ONE95's had a much stronger heel lock than the 9Ks, so perhaps you're right about the 9K's having a wider heel. When I put my foot into the ONE95s, it was like my heel was sucked into the back of the skate

I Recieved my one 95's today in the uk. at first they look great. the heel lock is awesome.... then i wacked some waxed white laces in them and had them baked and oh my. they honestly do feel like a pair of slippers. i went to my local rink after and put a nice grind on them myself with there blademaster., tomorrow i think i may go for a skate to see what they are really like.

i was in a BAUER VAPOR XX 10D these are the exact same size and fit just great. fingers crossed.

skated again tonight, pretty comfy skate but I believe my left foot is longer but has a narrower heel

my heel kept slipping and I'm not used to feeling my toes tickle the end of the skate, right foot is absolutely mint

JR if your out there, I'm kind of stressing out and respect your opinion. I know you don't like to hear about mail order skates, but honestly there is nowhere I could have gotten my 195's anywhere near where I live. I first ordered them in an 8d. The left one was great, the right was so painful I thought I would throw up. Returned and got an 8.5d. Now the right toes faintly brust the toe cap the left one is not close. My left heal kind of slips a little when the skate is laced up. I wear a 9.5 street shoe and on all the websites it says to order one size down from shoe size. I guess my question to you is when fitting someone where would start for someone that wears a 9.5 street shoe, and if I keep the 8.5 will baking make the skate conform to my foot or will it expand. Thanks for your time.

If it helps, when I bought my Vapor XXXX's a while back, I thought they were too small initially, but over time I've found that the heel of the skate seems to compress slightly and give a little more room. When new, my toes were right up at the toe cap (leading me to think they were too small), but there's definitely far more room up there after wearing them for a while.

JR will know more I'm sure, just giving you my observations in case it's of help.

For those of you that don't feel your heel is locked down enough, bake them again. I did last week after using them for almost two months. I couldn't find the time to do it sooner, even though I'm in my pro shop 5 days a week, but once I did, everything was fine. Don't give up so quickly or look for instant nirvana. Work with your skates!!

For those of you that don't feel your heel is locked down enough, bake them again. I did last week after using them for almost two months. I couldn't find the time to do it sooner, even though I'm in my pro shop 5 days a week, but once I did, everything was fine. Don't give up so quickly or look for instant nirvana. Work with your skates!!

I agree, sometimes it just needs to break in. Give it some time.

Someone was telling me that when you bake the skate for the first time that it's a good idea to wet your foot before slipping it into the boot and tightening them up. Does this work or make a big differance? If so: how and why?

JR if your out there, I'm kind of stressing out and respect your opinion. I know you don't like to hear about mail order skates, but honestly there is nowhere I could have gotten my 195's anywhere near where I live. I first ordered them in an 8d. The left one was great, the right was so painful I thought I would throw up. Returned and got an 8.5d. Now the right toes faintly brust the toe cap the left one is not close. My left heal kind of slips a little when the skate is laced up. I wear a 9.5 street shoe and on all the websites it says to order one size down from shoe size. I guess my question to you is when fitting someone where would start for someone that wears a 9.5 street shoe, and if I keep the 8.5 will baking make the skate conform to my foot or will it expand. Thanks for your time.

Current Bauer skates do not fit one size down from your shoe size. This is just my opinion, but I would say most people are between 1.5 to 2 sizes below their shoe size. I'm roughly a 10.5, maybe a 10.25 in shoes, and I fit an 8.5 best.

So far my foot has fit 1.5 size down from my shoe size in both the Vapor and Supreme series NBH skates as well as Eastons and Grafs.

Exactly, I have no idea why some places continue to advertise this idea that "The manufacturer recommends one size smaller than your shoe size". I don't know a single person that fits that description.

11 Nike/Vans shoe size for me, 8 in NikeBauer skates

tried on 7.5D since it was all the shop had and my toes were a bit cramped and felt narrow to me so I'm trying out a pair of 8EE, pretty confident they'll be a good fit, just waiting till they get in Thurs or Fri.

Sneakers are different from shoes.

They mean dress shoes. People wear sneakers comfortably and usually a bit big.

Regardless, the correlation is there so that people know there's a difference. Hence "approximately."

Took out a pair of demo One95's from work and I gotta say I felt like Iron Man in his first suit out there..

had to undo the top eyelet and even then it was ridiculously stiff but during the 2nd icetime it felt quite a bit better

feels good though, I think I might have a little trouble going back to my One90's now

I had the same experience with the XXXX, but I think for me it it was not fully formed/molded ankle pads affecting the fit.

If it helps, when I bought my Vapor XXXX's a while back, I thought they were too small initially, but over time I've found that the heel of the skate seems to compress slightly and give a little more room. When new, my toes were right up at the toe cap (leading me to think they were too small), but there's definitely far more room up there after wearing them for a while.

JR will know more I'm sure, just giving you my observations in case it's of help.

It is always hard to say how many sizes you should go down in your skates, depending on how snug you want your skates and how snug you wear your shoes. I wear shoes 11 really snug and Grafskates 10,5D and Vapor xxxx 10D and I feather the toecap in both skates. Maybe I wear my shoes a little to tight :lol:

Hey guys, Ive been wearing my one95's for a couple of weeks now and I love them! The only trouble I am having is the blade, as it is now longer (Have been wearing one90's, both skates are the same size).

Is is possible just to change the blade to a original ls2 blade or will I have to change the tuuk aswell?

Hey guys, Ive been wearing my one95's for a couple of weeks now and I love them! The only trouble I am having is the blade, as it is now longer (Have been wearing one90's, both skates are the same size).

Is is possible just to change the blade to a original ls2 blade or will I have to change the tuuk aswell?

you can put ls2 steel in the 2.1 holder, no need for change