Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

Like I said earlier I went to a 10.5d, yet my one90's are an 11d, and my xxx's are an 11.5d.

He is clearly comparing the fit to his previous One90's, and XXX's... I don't think furlanitalia was referencing XXXX's

Thanks for the clarification, as I was not referencing xxxx's, and was simply discussing the fit. I have no idea why I went down a size, other then perhaps due to a narrow foot these just felt better. Either way it seems to be some discrepancy over what the proper sizing is and anyone considering these should go in and try them on. Just my opinion

Picked up my One95's today and so far they are one of the most comfortable skates Ive ever put on. I had both the One90s and XXXXs in 10EE and I went with the One95s in a 10EE also and the fit is great. Ill be skating on them Thursday so we'll see how they perform.

tried them on about a week ago have some questions for guys in them already, I have been wearing XXXX since they were released in a size 8D, after breaking them in I felt as though I may be able to wear a 7.5, I tried both the 8D and 7.5D in the one95's and the 8's felt good but so did the XXXX's when I tried them, the 7.5's were a different story my big toe on my right foot just feathered the toe cap (perfect), but my left was ever so slightly crammed just enough to be uncomfortable. When the LHS employee measured me he had me sit down rather then standing on the scale, is this normal or have i been fitted wrong all my life? right foot measured 7 and just under a C width and left foot measured 7.5C (on bauer scale), I read a few pages back guys feeling as if there heel seats back further after break in giving more length, how true is this? Thanks in advance for any advice

It is my understanding that to be fitted properly for anything, whether it be shoes or skates, you need to stand while being measured.

After baking and break-in, I did notice that I picked up some length. Not a lot, but enough to be glad I went a 1/2 size down.

Just remember the old addage...you can't shrink a skate, but you can stretch it

my lhs doesn't have any C width skates for me to try on, after being measured at a C or narrower would it be safe to say that a 7.5C would be right for me or does the size of this boot and the scale differ any

my lhs doesn't have any C width skates for me to try on, after being measured at a C or narrower would it be safe to say that a 7.5C would be right for me or does the size of this boot and the scale differ any

I think you'll be fine. Although, to me the toe box on my One95s in a C width looks quite wide. Seems to be wider than toe box on One90s in a D width.

Wrong...you must be measured sitting down.

Your foot flattens when standing straight up, when you bend your knees they pull back.

and if you have pretty flat feet to begin with then I gather it doesn't matter then?

What part of a skate is wider when you go from C to D to E width? Mine feel really good in the heel and mid-section, I find I have to pull REALLY hard on the laces when tightening the first 2-3 eyelets in order to get a good secure feel around my forefoot... is it possible that a narrower skate would be more suitable?

I just picked up my One75's thurs. sharpened them and played thurs night. They fit great out of the box for me. Went with size 7. my old bauer 4000's were size 7, and my bauer mega 50 roller blades are 7. toes just feather the cap. No pain during first skate/game felt better than my old skates did. And they are a lot lighter than im used to.

Odd i didnt have to go down a half size, not even sure i need to get them baked, they are awesome.

just my 2 cents

Well iv played 2 games in the 95's and i love them. great skates. fully broken in now. im pulling much bigger strides. im going quicker. and turning sharper. what an awesome pair of skates.

GAME ONE 3 + 2

GAME TWO 1 + 5

I THINK THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING.

Yes - you still use a stick to score, right?

You're excited about a new product and you feel good out there. Everything falls into place.

i do believe in all this mind control. However you can feel good in new equipment and most of the time its developed to change the way a skater moves. so for me i believe its a bit of both!

You really want to give credit of your recent form to a pair of skates?

Sounds like somebodys trying to justify the purchase to me... :rolleyes:

There HAS to be justification or insomnia will ensue.

Just a quick question, are the retail One95's available in C width. I'm to too too sure if they are, but if they aren't, what do I do to get my hands on a pair.

I havent baked or skated on my new one95's but I am eager to do so. The only problem is that I havent worn out the skates Im currently using lol. In any event, I usually wear a C width, and the D on the one95 fits great as far as width goes. They seem a bit short on my right foot, but I assume that once I bake them my heel will sit back just enough ( at least thats what usually happens when I bake skates).

Just a quick question, are the retail One95's available in C width. I'm to too too sure if they are, but if they aren't, what do I do to get my hands on a pair.

HG has some sizes in a C width. I got a pair from them. I believe they still will have an A width heel (regular heel width) vs AA (narrow heel width). Not to say they won't work for you.