Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

NFL Thread

What a HORRIBLE call on the DPI against Williams. Ward has his hands all in Williams' face yet he gets the call. At worst the calls off-set, but really it was OPI.

Ward's one of the dirtier players in the league so this doesn't shock me at all. Plus this game leads me to believe Pittsburgh will never fix their field and it's advantageous to be playing in pig shit for them. The way this game's turned around feels like the old NCAA Football Momentum Meter.

Pretty much having their heads up their rears on that fourth and twelve changed the game. And deuce davenport was about a half yard short, but that's probably better for the Jags as to not waste more time.

I think the fellating of Ben can slow down a bit now. He makes bad decisions, he doesn't throw a good ball, he has good receivers and running scheme though.

Well not a good start to my picks, thanks to me thinking emotion would play a part in this. I'm also starting to think there's a reason Todd Collins has never been a starter in over ten years of his NFL experience. Is he even right-handed? I think he was just trying to show off.

I think the play of the game was the drop by Cooley on the first play after the Skins recovered the kickoff. If Washington had first and goal with about nine minutes remaining, and then scored 21 unanswered points, I think they would have crushed the Seahawks' spirits. Instead, the missed field goal crushed the Skins.

What a HORRIBLE call on the DPI against Williams. Ward has his hands all in Williams' face yet he gets the call. At worst the calls off-set, but really it was OPI.

It looked like Ward had no intention of trying to catch the pass, and tried to make it look like pass interference all the way. And that was during the live play....

I'm not even sure I'm supposed to be impressed with the jags play, but at least they are playing to their ability.

I admit I'd like to see the Titans somehow beat the Chargers, so the Pats get to play the Titans next week. On the other hand, I don't see Jacksonville being able to score enough to beat the Patriots. However, a physical game could take its toll on the Pats the following week.

I'd say that weather will affect a possible NE/Jax game more than anything. Normally I'd take the Pats as mudders but they looked to have problems in bad weather, so if it's crappy weather than Jax could pound the running game all day.

I concur with SalmingUSA's comment on the skins-seahawks game.

Skins got some crazy bounces their way for 5-6mins in a row, but cooleys drop was huge. The lame-ass kick was even bigger.

If they score the TD there, game over, heck if they made the field goal it would put huge pressure on the hawks making it a 4point game with 8mins to go.

Instead Seahawks have good field position and only need a fieldgoal to win the game.

And damm Gerrads run was clutch 101. Probably the single biggest play of his career so far.

I think the fellating of Ben can slow down a bit now. He makes bad decisions, he doesn't throw a good ball, he has good receivers and running scheme though.
My favorite was the segment where they were talking about winning the superbowl and the Lombardi trophy. I've seen people with Down Syndrome that speak more eloquently.

My favorite was the segment where they were talking about winning the superbowl and the Lombardi trophy. I've seen people with Down Syndrome that speak more eloquently.

And it'll always be forgotten that he was downright terrible that game.

He's been tough to watch all season. I'm not a big NFL guy, but I watched a fair bit of their games because of a pool and he consistently under or overthrew his receivers all season. By far the most overrated "name" QB in the league.

How did he end up with a top3 qb rating for the season then?

according to the commentators Gerrad and Big Ben were 2 & 3 (can't remember who was what) afte Brady on the season.

But yeah he's pretty overrated, in terms of skill level, but he fits the pittsburgh scheme nicely.

Well technically the Pittsburgh scheme fits him nicely as they built it around him. I can't stand him but he has his moments. Plus he played last night's game with no running backs. Hell, the back-up for last night's game came off the practice squad a couple weeks ago.

Ryan Grant should be investigated for throwing this game.

Maybe he got into Brett's stash, couldn't feel the ball.

I'm still surprised by the packers. They really do nothing great, but they keep winning 'cause there's nothing they do terrible.

I'm still surprised by the packers. They really do nothing great, but they keep winning 'cause there's nothing they do terrible.

I've seen every Packer game this year except maybe one, and for the most part, I agree. There is one thing they do great though, and that's running with the ball after the catch. Jones, Jennings, and Driver, and even Donald Lee sometimes, are all amazing with YAC. But other than that, you're right, they're just a consistent team.

g men going to pull off the upset?

I think they can. It has nothing to do with Jessica Simpson or Tony Romo going to Mexico though.

Damn I'm happy about that Charger win. They got screwed on that Cromartie return at the end of the first half, it shouldn't have even been as close as it was. They deserved that win.