Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

NFL Thread

Okay, you must not watch any football outside of whatever team you root for because Favre only sucked when he threw up the prayers.

As for people thinking the media doing anything with Favre is over, they're wrong. Now begins the "is he coming back?" speculations that clog up the off-season.

What were the bonehead plays? They had 1 play all game, and scored points on drives that were kept alive by some unsportsmanlike on Madison that they didn't show, and an illegal contace on Johnson when Driver ran into him. Like I said, I am a homer, and I just love the fact that for 3 weeks noone gave the Giants a chance, and noone will now, but they gave the Pats one of their tougher games of the year.

I'm just saying you made it sound like Favre's been lucky all year and relying on those god-awful duck/prayers he throws up. That's not the case because his WRs and RBs have carried him this year. The only time they looked like crap was when Favre went back into his bag of shithead and made throws no one else other than Jake Plummer would try.

I didn't mean it to come out that way. I actually love Farve. I love watching him play and his excitement for the game. If the Giants lose today I absolutely root for him. But I have watched him come out on the better end of some suspect throws, but like you said, because guys like Driver and Jennings make plays. It wasn't a shot at Farve. Just a good time for him to try and force a throw.

Well that's what you get with Favre though, like him or hate him. You know there's a chance he'll make a few WTF? passes and odds are that it comes out bad for him. If it got to a shootout, I thought the Pack would be the team to try and keep up with the Patriots but I'll settle for another game as decent as the NY/NE game.

On a side note, anyone who lives in the New York area and can either kidnap McQuarters or cut his achilles, I have $50 for you. Every time a team punts I'm on the edge of my seat because that guy is like a circus act. Plus his 2 fumbles today warrants this type of action.

GO GIANTS!

I am so excited! Manning had a great day, but Burress was the most outstanding of the day. The D played pretty well too, but needed to pressure Favre more (easier said than done). If I were Tynes, I would be glad I got that field goal, because that probably saved his job. The entire team played well.

Pats in good weather? Field day

I suspect the Pat's offense will look the best it has in weeks. I believe the last game they played in good weather was against Buffalo.

There's no doubt the Giants played the Pats as tough as anyone, but I think they surprised the Pats with their intensity. That won't happen this game, although I am worried about the Pats' defense; there are too many soft zones open for passes, mainly because the LB's are slow. I'd like to see the Pats blitz more earlier in the game, but I've noticed the last 4-5 games that they've waited until the last third of the game. My guess is they are trying to conserve Bruschi and Seau for the whole game.

From an offensive perspective, the Pats have finally integrated Maroney into the offense -- I love when they throw screens to him -- and Tom won't be trying to get Moss the record. I think we'll see a much more diversified attack than we did in the first game.

However, kudos to the Giants. I thought they were crazy to risk injuries against the Patriots, and it turns out it may have saved their season instead.

On a side note, anyone who lives in the New York area and can either kidnap McQuarters or cut his achilles, I have $50 for you. Every time a team punts I'm on the edge of my seat because that guy is like a circus act. Plus his 2 fumbles today warrants this type of action.

I thought a crucial play was one of GB's coverage guys trying to pick up McQuarter's fumble, rather than falling on the ball. GB would have had the ball around their 40 with around 3 minutes left. As bad as Favre had looked, I think he may have come through in those circumstances.

the fact that Mr.Hoodie has 2 weeks to plan for this game will make it a repeat of Big Blue's last trip to the big dance in 2000.

I need to start pricing airfares...

I got a really good feeling about the Giants going into the super bowl, Eli is playing great and showing he can handle the pressure, and toomer and burress are also on top of there game. If the Giants defence can play good i think they have a really good chance.

the fact that Mr.Hoodie has 2 weeks to plan for this game will make it a repeat of Big Blue's last trip to the big dance in 2000.

I need to start pricing airfares...

I think they'll do better than 2000. They also have two weeks to get healthy.

I'm still shocked they've gone this far though.

Shockey = broken leg

Kiwanuka = broken leg

Ward = broken leg

And about four other guys that saw real time on the IR.

Brady has been spotted limping around with a walking cast on his right foot. No indication what is injured or how severely.

I think Matt Cassell can be a decent NFL quarterback who could beat a number of teams with the weapons the Patriots have, but there's no way he'd have the timing down to be prepared for the league-leading pass rush. The Pats would presumably stress the run, but Belichick is known for surprises.