Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

McAmmond Injured

I just saw the hit that Stevie Downie landed on Dean McAmmond. Clearly, Downie left his feet when he made the hit. I guess being hit by Christoph Schubert knocked him off the edge once again. Downie doesn't know what is right or wrong, just because you want a drop in the NHL doesn't mean you take cheapshots like that.

I don't mean to wish bad things onto people, but wouldn't it be a sight to see, watching Steve Downie sip food out of a straw like Kris Draper had to do when Claude Lemieux landed his cheapshot.

It was a pretty disgusting display of not having much of a mental game, IMHO. If you can't hold your shit together after someone lands one on you, what ghood are you to a team. This guy is a skunk of the first order, and is perfect example fodder.

The refs gave him a match, let's see if the NHL has the balls to do anything about it.

But what can they do to someone who's most likely going to spend his career in the Minors? Fine him a shit ton of $ I suppose.

Not to make light of the hit, but isn't Downie the Quicker Picker Upper?

The refs gave him a match, let's see if the NHL has the balls to do anything about it.

But what can they do to someone who's most likely going to spend his career in the Minors? Fine him a shit ton of $ I suppose.

Thats's Downey, I think - the only thing this @ssclown will be picking up are his teeth if McGratton ever gets another chance at him.

Thats's Downey, I think - the only thing this @ssclown will be picking up are his teeth if McGratton ever gets another chance at him.

Downey is fabric softener, Bounty is the paper towel. The AHL has honored NHL suspensions in the past.

Bounty is the paper towel.

That's right.. That's also what's going to be put on his head. And I'm NOT talking about the quicker picker upper.

There's something mentally wrong with Downie. His history with hazing, his upbringing....and the video of him laughing as he left the ice. He needs 10-15 games.

There's something mentally wrong with Downie. His history with hazing, his upbringing....and the video of him laughing as he left the ice. He needs 10-15 games.

I haven't seen the video but if he was laughing after knocking a guy out, he shouldn't return until cleared by a shrink.

This is one of the most devastating hit i've seen in my life.

If I got to make the call: One year minimum

Colin Campbell: 3 games at most

Jesus, that's just brutal and unnecessary. It is going to be interesting what kind of punishment he gets if he doesn't make the Flyers. Whatever it is, I hope it's the max because that's the exact OPPOSITE of what the NHL needs.

Not only was that cheap and just brutal... But it's freaking preseason! WTF is going on this preseason, they're(every team) playing like it's the first round of the playoffs.

Not only was that cheap and just brutal... But it's freaking preseason! WTF is going on this preseason, they're(every team) playing like it's the first round of the playoffs.

No, there are a couple meatheads on every team trying to make the roster and they're doing whatever it takes to make an impression. In the old days (pre-lockout) they would fight each other, now they just try to maim someone on the other team.

I haven't seen the video but if he was laughing after knocking a guy out, he shouldn't return until cleared by a shrink.

TSN and The Score Sports reported this. They actually showed footage when I first saw it. But the re-runs of SportsCentre don't have it anymore. He's walking into the tunnel with a nice grin on his face.

Holy shit that was disgusting. I almost can't believe Bobby Clarke wasted a #1 on this twat. Then again, it is Bobby Clarke.

I, for one, am thrilled that people are finally going to recognize what a piece of shit Downie is.

The one good thing that should come out of this is that Akim Aliu is probably going to get a fair shake, or at least shed a little of the rep Downie managed to pin on him.

Holy shit that was disgusting. I almost can't believe Bobby Clarke wasted a #1 on this twat. Then again, it is Bobby Clarke.

Makes sense to me. Clarke was grinning like a hyena after he broke Kharlamov's ankle. Same repulsive, simple-minded grin Downie was wearing. Only difference was that Clarke had the balls to fight back if he had to.

That's not even close. I'm all for "finishing your check," but that defense isn't applicable here. I'm not even going to address the shot to the head or the charge. Dirty little cocksucker.

I'm a little young to remember such a time, but I'm told hockey players used to respect one another. What happened?

The Instigator rule, for starters. 99% of the players do have respect for the other guy. Its that 1% of a**holes who just trash the game and their opponent. Downie's history of this bs is overwhelming. He will get his chicklets left on the ice very soon. His Junior days are over. Now he is on the ice with the big boys. There is always somebody tougher than you just around the corner.