Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 ShockDoctor Catalogue

Pretty cool looking - but are they in use at any of the high levels yet?

Also, will there be a separate catalogue for their usual stuff like Jocks and their bags?

It sure isnt anything spectacular to look at but i kind of like the idea of elbow pads atattched to the shoulder pads no area inbetween without protection could be great

$200 is a big jump for a new unproven piece of equipment with no foot in the door. Like said in the tradeshow thread, I'd love to try it out but not at that price, golly. Doubt they make it in "big bastard" size anyhow.

Why didn't they try to get the jersey worked in too :P or maybe gloves a la little kid mittens.

They had a market for their compression jock and flex cup, but that was only $20. Their bag was also a pretty good idea, seeing as how a lot of people could use the space saving feature to not spread their gear out and still get it dried out.

The shinguard liner looks odd. Why is the shin area non-symmetrical?

Pants have no suspender grommets.

Edited by Rustpot

The shinguard liner looks odd. Why is the shin area non-symmetrical?

Pants have no suspender grommets.

Is your leg symmetrical? No...

Buttons could be under the padded belt, they usually are.

They seem nice and not bulky.But i am not a fan of the strap togeter elbow and shoulder pads.We will have to wait and see it live.But if they are very mobile maybe it will be a hit.

Never thought about below the belt, but that looks like it puts them too wide in the front.

My shins aren't symmetrical but they still exist on the inner side. Seems like only having contact on one side would allow it to twist on the leg easier. Would make more sense in my mind to have the pad running down both sides and leave the center more open and get further from the bone (though I suppose I'm not in gear design). I like how they have pad filling the small dip below the cap though.

Havok, I think you're right. Won't work for people with shorter upper arms, but solves the whole elbow pad falling down problem.

Vapor 10, you could attach bicep to elbow.

Monty - good call on the JAM...how about the Bauer shins from 96? :)

Were those the ones that had the exoskeleton knee brace attached?

Yep...the damn name is escaping me right now...

Yep...the damn name is escaping me right now...

Didnt they just name it Lindros'?

SGX5000, it had an articulating knee, there was also a smaller version called the sg5000. the thigh piece did not go up as far as the 5000x, which noted the extra length. there was also a matching elbow and shoudler pad, both were built like tanks......

Edited by McCracken

Sign in to follow this