Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hudson14

NEW EASTON SE16 SKATES

any one else see this, i guess it is the revamped version of the 1500c? it is supposed to be roomier, i guess not be better performance then the s15, it is because easton was finding that the s15 only fit a handful of people and they are making this wider and less "percision fitting" ex: wider ankle, lower cut, roomeir toes. Mostly adapting to what the other companies are doing. I think it looks awesome but the performance i guess isnt supposed to top that of the s15, wonder why not? and they will be availbe in the spring

JR im sure you know whats up any help?

n761640738_480686_4742.jpg

Interesting. I like the look of these better than the current s15s.

I didn't really read the information, but the first thing that comes to mind is how much "lighter" can they go and what else can they improve?

Also, haven't the s15s only been out for a year?

Skates look good none the less, simple yet new age.

You will see it when the Easton 2008 catalog is posted. Nothing secretive, just business as usual. Easton is trying to "create" two lines of skates built around Stealth/performance based and Synergy/comfort based. The other brands have done this with two skate families with different features to each family. Easton has decided to try it as well.

Easton needs to just give up on using their own holders.

It's not a bad holder at all...very light and responsive. I've never seen one break. Not a fan of the grade steel used and the hardware could be better, but it skates very well with the non-parabolic runners (in my situation)

i wonder what the price will be? and as far as the holder, i like them, i usualley take out the heel lift to give the skate a more neutral feel and thats usualley what people complain about, the forward pitch, so... i like them

I think they look nice.Not better then the s15 but still a nice damn looking skate.I hope they will have fixxed the issue with the glue that seem to be afecting the easton skate lately.

It's not a bad holder at all...very light and responsive. I've never seen one break. Not a fan of the grade steel used and the hardware could be better, but it skates very well with the non-parabolic runners (in my situation)

totally agree JR, it adds a kind of spring into ur step especially coming out of turns when you have the lps2 steel. ive read the horror stories of steel breaking but in the 2 seasons i used them on the 1500's and s15's i never broke a single 1. i would actually consider putting them on my current vapor xxxx's but the cost over here would be ridiculous.

so just to confirm the fit on the se15's they are going to be made a deeper boot so the fit will be alot different to the 1500's and the s15? i loved the fit on those and so risking a change in fit might stray me away even though i love the look of them.

I've just heard too many horror stories about runners and the holders just plain look like they wouldn't be stiff enough. But of course I'm a LS2 slut.

I think they look nice.Not better then the s15 but still a nice damn looking skate.I hope they will have fixxed the issue with the glue that seem to be afecting the easton skate lately.

The glue on my 1200s is slowly turning into something, uh, not glue like. The skates are starting to look pretty messe up because of it, but they still function fine.

The glue on my 1200s is slowly turning into something, uh, not glue like. The skates are starting to look pretty messe up because of it, but they still function fine.

I only pray that you are airing out your equipment! :ph34r: Some kids on my team don't do it and that is why their parents have to go out and buy them new equipment every season! :unsure:

I only pray that you are airing out your equipment! :ph34r: Some kids on my team don't do it and that is why their parents have to go out and buy them new equipment every season! :unsure:

Hehe, my stuff airs out in the garage after every on-ice. Although, it's cold enough now that if I don't bring it inside to dry it will freeze, much to my wife's dismay...

I've seen a higher percentage of Razor Blades broken than Lightspeeds.

Easton's glue issue scares the crap out of me. Here in Florida for more than 1/2 the year the temperature in a parked car can get close to what many manufacturers recommend baking your skates at. In less than ten minutes the temp can be higher than 120 degrees.

Steel or holder?

The only thing I've seen is the middle part sag over time, but I have never seen a broken holder.

Holders, I'd say more than half of the ones I've seen were broken in six months or less. Lots of cracks that just get bigger until they finally give out.