Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hudson14

NEW EASTON SE16 SKATES

they'd have to drill. Custom+ is a direct replacement and PITCH is very close, would only have to widen holes.

Are the Pitch holders sold separately anywhere?

Any Mission dealer can order them for you if they aren't in stock.

I personally have had three different models of Easton skates. One with the Razor Bladz I and the other models with the Razor Bladz II. I have not, to date, had a failure with the steel or the blade holder, and that's over a good four to five year period. IMHO there are no serious issues with Eastons holders or steel. I have had issues with the CCM blades coming loose on occassion especially the newer E-Pro blade but never had a failure there as well. I have taken many a shot off both with no reprocussions.The only failure I had was a cracked blade off a pair of TUUK Custom +'s on a blistering slap shot that almost ripped my foot off and sent me airbourne about seven years back. I honestly think any of the manufacturers blades would have failed because of that incident. I have little or no issues with any of the major manufacturers holders or blades.

The razor holder isnt bad just get the parabolic steel. From my experience i enjoyed the holder because i get a springy feeling when i start off exploding on my toes ;D

Easton needs to just give up on using their own holders.

If you don't like their holders put something different on like the LS2. Everyone has different preferences. The Easton holders aren't bad.

That was a joke(very dry, I know... its what I do). People like different things. Honestly, I've never known someone that kept the razor holders but that doesnt mean people dont like them. Easton skates aren't very popular around here anyway. Hell, some people like cobra, Easton has a chance!

- easton will never be as good as nike/bauer if they do stupid stuff like this and dont get alive foam and fix their damn durability issues.

- i posted something like 5 mins ago about my s17 and i broke it after only 2 crappy wristers on my backyard rink, so gai.

- i also heard that s15 and synergy 1500s aren't durable at all. especailly the synergy's toe

If you dont try new things you cant move forward. Easton made a bold move with their skates and so far it isn't paying off but it might very soon. The s15 is a damn good skate, durability is hit or miss.

well there is no such thing as a perfect skate :). Everyone top end $$$$ skate will have flaws unless it was reseached and developed for a long time.

I'm truly amazed at how this stuff breaks "everywhere" but when I was with a shop that did $4mil + ...our rate of breakage and such was nearly 0 for all this stuff..

Yes isn't it amazing. Anyone can say anything they want on a board, be it true or otherwise. Often they leave out the important details, like how they bought them used on ebay and baked them in their own oven for 1/2 hour, etc.

I have never replaced a single broken Easton holder, and perhaps just one or two LPS2 runners. The durability on these is outstanding.

[/quote

I agree. Never had to replace a broken Easton holder in the ten years I have worked at my shop. Never had a customer complain about the durability either.

I have been skating in synergy's for a little over two years now started with the originals then up to the 1300c then the 1500 i use both 1300c and 1500 now...

so my 2 cents i skate about 5 times a week on average and i love these skates and as for durability i have had one hold crack in the back from a shot the steel break once from a shot and lately the toe on my 1300 implode from a shot... but based on their performance and amount of times i sake i think its a fair rate of breakage.

I've had three pairs of Easton skates and have never had any issues with the holders or the blades. As far as I can tell they are an excellent combo. Same goes for the Lightspeed combos. In fact the only holder that ever broke on me was due to a blistering slap shot right on them and they where a Tuuk Lightspeed Custom holder. The new holders seem to be an improvement over them though. I've taken lots of shots off my E-Blades on my 8K's and no damage at all. Still the fact remains the Easton Razor Bladz are OK in my book. Have lots of other guys in my league that will tell you the same thing. Easton skates are very common where I play.

Looking forward to trying on S16's, I almost bought S15's but can't get past the tight ankle fit on showroom floor. LHS assures me the fit will give/mold but it just seems too uncomfortable from the start-are you guys taking a chance that the "dog biting your ankle feeling" someone mentioned will go away?

Really curious on that-our LHS knows if he gets local coaches/power skating instructors into a skate sales jump with kids so they really 'push'....maybe stroking us but they say its as important-parents mention who is wearing what skate.

S16's are wider at ankle out of the box compared to S15's?

I believe a lot of the dissing of Easton holders are the hard core Tuuk users. I'm being extremely honest when I say I like both holders and don't have any issues with them at all. And I'd buy either brand of skate without predudice in fact I do own both, the 1300C and the Nike/Bauer Vapor XXII. It just seems so tacky to put other people off another companies product especially if they havn't tried it.

first i heard of s16 any pics? had 2 pair of the s15 both fell apart. got $ back. need more info.tks

First page. Are you honestly that lazy to look?

I love how JR always makes a point of capitalizing the N in SyNergy. What a perfectionist!

Now will someone please answer my question? Does Easton have any narrow fitting skates anymore?

I love how JR always makes a point of capitalizing the N in SyNergy. What a perfectionist!

Now will someone please answer my question? Does Easton have any narrow fitting skates anymore?

No. Sorry.

My coach is planning to buy a pair of S15's and i've read that they have some durability issues, and i wanted to ask is the SE16 the same kind of construction?