Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndTheySayChiCity

how much did you size down for your skates?

This thread is very interesting.

No it's not. If everyone wore their shoes at the same level of "snug-ness" as their skates the discrepancies wouldn't be so varied.

Is everyone giving their sneaker sizes? Most people wear their sneakers a little big for comfort, fine. Others wear them huge AND leave them untied because their douche bags.

Anyhow, I wear a 6.5 to a 7 dress shoe snug and fit into a 5 vector, 5.5 9k, 5.5EE Vapor, and am currently wearing a 6R 703; could probably make a 5.5W 703 work.

P.S. Then there are the idiots that insist on wearing skates too big for them. Yes, you guessed it. I have recently gotten a PT job at a LHS.

No it's not. If everyone wore their shoes at the same level of "snug-ness" as their skates the discrepancies wouldn't be so varied.

Is everyone giving their sneaker sizes? Most people wear their sneakers a little big for comfort, fine. Others wear them huge AND leave them untied because their douche bags.

Anyhow, I wear a 6.5 to a 7 dress shoe snug and fit into a 5 vector, 5.5 9k, 5.5EE Vapor, and am currently wearing a 6R 703; could probably make a 5.5W 703 work.

P.S. Then there are the idiots that insist on wearing skates too big for them. Yes, you guessed it. I have recently gotten a PT job at a LHS.

One of my favorite things was to tell someone their skates are 3 sizes too big and have them argue it fits great. Then ask them to pull out the insole and look at the outline of their foot- an inch an a half from the end... good times.

So you're a douchebag if you don't tie all of your shoes? you must be having a bad day. . .

I think a major problem with the skate sizing. . . and someone may have already mentioned this. . . people tend to go with that 1-1.5 sizes smaller than shoe size terminology. . . but they don't try on skates that are smaller than that

keep trying on the skate that works with your foot until its too small, then move back up to the previous size and you know you're going with the right size.

No, I don't mind if people don't tie their shoes if the shoes fit them.

I can't stand seeing people walk around in sneakers that actually flip flop on them. Where you can see their heel lift out of the shoe completely and there is obviously a two inch gap between their foot and the heel of the shoe.

Yeah, I am having a bad day. :angry: Sorry I'm not usually this venemous.

^i can't agree with you more. seriously. i see so many kids that are obviously wearing shoes that are a size too big. sometimes i wanna walk into them on purpose and step on the back of their shoes.. lol

One of my favorite things was to tell someone their skates are 3 sizes too big and have them argue it fits great. Then ask them to pull out the insole and look at the outline of their foot- an inch an a half from the end... good times.

i just pulled out my insole of my skates.. and i have less than half an inch of space from my toe to the end of the insole.

in my opinion, that's a perfect fit, my toes graze the toe cap, at a point that's comfortable for me.

i wear a 8.5 or 9 sneaker/dress shoe.. and i wear a 8.5 skate.

i couldn't imagine myself sizing down to a 7.5 or 7.. i could probably skate with my old size 8 Bauer Supremes but i found those to be way too snug on my foot to where my toes felt really cramped together and my circulation was cut off, when laced up tight.

I like my shoes, non-tight and I like my skates super tight. Bad combination if you think 1.5 is always the answer. Plus, trying to find a 12.5 running/cross training shoe is nearly impossible if you're not buying online.

No, I don't mind if people don't tie their shoes if the shoes fit them.

I can't stand seeing people walk around in sneakers that actually flip flop on them. Where you can see their heel lift out of the shoe completely and there is obviously a two inch gap between their foot and the heel of the shoe.

Yeah, I am having a bad day. :angry: Sorry I'm not usually this venemous.

I took what you said the wrong way. . . I didn't think of all those kids that run around with the shoes that are way to big. . . i just thought about my shoes that i don't tie

hopefully tomorrow will be less venomous for you

I like my shoes, non-tight and I like my skates super tight. Bad combination if you think 1.5 is always the answer. Plus, trying to find a 12.5 running/cross training shoe is nearly impossible if you're not buying online.

Even if you are, most companies stop half sizes above 12.

Try finding a 14 in most Foot Locker type stores though. It ain't easy. It's why I love Zappos so much.

I skirt the toes in my 11.5E CCMs, 11.5 in NBH needed me to curl them slightly. They may have been fine while skating, but no Way I could be comfortable in them while on the bench or anything. My insoles have 1/16 to 1/8 of room at the end, it helps having your second toe longer than the rest :).

Size 11 shoe.

Size 9 skate, Bauer 8090.

Had Kor Shift 1s in a 9.5 but they were too small. Will probably end up getting them in a 10 soon.

I wear a 7.5 - 8 shoe/sneaker, and wore size 6 in the old Bauer 3000 for a long time.

When Bauer redesigned the toe box in the Supreme series to make it wider, I was refitted into a 5.5 EE Classic Gold. After baking the fit was perfect.

Now I wear a 5.5 D 8090 with plenty of room for slight feathering of the toe cap. Good fit, but a 5.25 would prob be right on the money. Tight is right!

Very cool thread,

I wear a size 10 shoe, can put a thumb width between my big toe ( longest toe on foot) and end of shoe. In a Easton Synergy 800 I was in a size 8 but kept brusing my big toenail. The fit was a bit more than a light feather when laced and standing. Same skate in a 8.5 feathers lightly. Interesting point for me is that with the size 8 Synergy skates laced really tight all the way up I can still bang by toe against the cap by hopping on my tippy-toes, or just firmly tapping the toe end of the blade on the ice. Not sure if this is the mark of a good fit or not but I am pretty sure that movement caused the bruising on my toe in the size 8. I hope the half size in the 8.5 will cure that when I get them. For that reason I like close to but not more than 1/4 inch of space when laced and knees bent. Anyone else find their longest toe hitting the toecap pretty hard when stopping, etc?

it depends on how you size you shoes and how you like your skates to fit..and what model/brand/foot dimensions, the best thing to know going in before getting fitted is your foot length in (cm) US/UK/EU sizing can all change but the length of a skate tells the truth..same in athletic shoe...a 13 Asics is a 30.5 cm same as a 12.5 Saucony

I had more than a handful of kids come in wearing size 11 skate shoes..but who in reality have a 8 dress shoe so typically 6.5-7 skate..

I'm a 12 dress shoe (snug) and typically a 10.5 skate but my Flexlite's have been 10's

I wear a 8.5 shoe (New Balance usually) and I wear a 5.5 EE Vapor XXX. I think I measure a 7 on the old blue Bauer sticks, but the 5.5 EE fit perfectly.