Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D aka speck

Unknown / obscure movies

Im not sure if this is a unknown movie, but I just finished watching The Last Starfighter. It's kind of like a cheap star wars with a not as good story line. good movie to watch though.

They're doing a sequel so it's not going to be obscure for long. Then again, I'm old enough that I remember when it came out.

Whens it supposed to come out? Like you Chadd I remember when it came out as well.

I would like to know the release date as well if you know. This movie has been a favorite of mine since I was like 5 or so, and I would really like to see a new twist on it.

srsly?

Though it may be known, it's one of the funnier movies ever made and deserves more love - Hot Shots: Part Deux.

Fright Night

Session 9

Dead Calm

Session 9 was filmed in my town, now they knocked down the hospital (It's across from pure hockey) and they're building apartments.

stranger than fiction.

Only Will Ferrell movie i can bare to watch. He isn't off the wall trying to be stupid funny in this. The thing I enjoyed the most was the dialog in this film. Just "plain" funny. People love it or Hate it.

The Man from Earth

Whole movie takes place in a room with a guy telling a story. No flashbacks or anything. Makes you use your imagination. Sorta like reading a book i guess.

Just different from what you usually see.

Pretty much everyone who's lived up here hates the book and its romancing the idea of being an idiot like that guy was.

No kidding. I don't think I've been less impressed by a book or movie that was hyped so much.

Pretty much everyone who's lived up here hates the book and its romancing the idea of being an idiot like that guy was.

At least it ends on a good note. (never seen the movie, but I'm talkin book!) haha.

I think the book still says he died from being poisoned or some fairy tale bullshit as the author didn't want to revise it.

I know what it's about. Middle-class kid sheds his personal belongings and starts going across the country on some little journey, ending up in Alaska. He passes on people's offers of help and arrogantly thinks he can handle living here, then starves to death. I'd laugh during the movie because Darwinism is funny stuff.

I would say less "passing on people's offers of help and arrogantly thinking he can handle himself living there" and more wanted to find his own way by himself, independently. Stupid? Well maybe yes, but its a moving film that was very well made, and the theme of finding oneself is compelling as ever. Reminded me of a Gary Paulsen novel if anything.

Yeah and I'm still trying to get rid of the bitter taste of my grade 7 reading of Hatchet.