Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Supreme ONE95 Initial Thoughts

hey after using these skates for a good amount of time i just want to add to the positive reviews that these are the best skates i have ever worn.

Question for all you pitch experts out there - How big a heel lift would I have to put in One95s with the stock LS 2.1's to match the boot pitch of Grafs and Cobra's? I'm thinking 3mm, but if anyone else has other thoughts, please let me know.

hey after using these skates for a good amount of time i just want to add to the positive reviews that these are the best skates i have ever worn.

+1 to that

Question for all you pitch experts out there - How big a heel lift would I have to put in One95s with the stock LS 2.1's to match the boot pitch of Grafs and Cobra's? I'm thinking 3mm, but if anyone else has other thoughts, please let me know.

i did a heel lift on mine, coming from rbk's, it is appx 2mm, and it is identical to my rbk's. just like jr said

im hearing you cannot punch these skates

ive always had to have my skates punched, this sucks

Yes, you can...

It is not a shell like Easton's skates.

I just bought a new One95. I used to have 8090 in size 7.5EE. I thought I could still go 0.5 size down, 8090 after breaking

seemed a bit longer. So when trying

One95 7EE felt just right, slightly touching the front while sitting. Now when I skated for few hours I still touch with my

big toe on the right foot. The left is OK. It was always like this with the new skates, with my previous 8090 I used to have a black

nail on my big toe on the right foot, but after a while they seemed even too big.

The question: Can I hope that after a while One95 will give up 1-2 mm inside so the fit will be just perfect. Seems to have

a quite a lot of padding in the ankle area, however at the heel back side there is no padding to give up.

Alternatively as JR has already confirmed, is there any hope to punch them to make them 1-2mm longer???

im hearing you cannot punch these skates

ive always had to have my skates punched, this sucks

Yes, you can...

It is not a shell like Easton's skates.

I just bought a new One95. I used to have 8090 in size 7.5EE. I thought I could still go 0.5 size down, 8090 after breaking

seemed a bit longer. So when trying

One95 7EE felt just right, slightly touching the front while sitting. Now when I skated for few hours I still touch with my

big toe on the right foot. The left is OK. It was always like this with the new skates, with my previous 8090 I used to have a black

nail on my big toe on the right foot, but after a while they seemed even too big.

The question: Can I hope that after a while One95 will give up 1-2 mm inside so the fit will be just perfect. Seems to have

a quite a lot of padding in the ankle area, however at the heel back side there is no padding to give up.

Alternatively as JR has already confirmed, is there any hope to punch them to make them 1-2mm longer???

I'd really like to know about if the padding packs in at all too. Hopefully someone who has been in hese a while now can help us out.

spent my first 2 hrs on ice in One95 - interesting feeling

I've got the pitch & profile matched to my old S15 so no prob there - the only change (besides changing the skates of course :)) is that I added yellow superfeets

for some reason the feel is quite different - I definitely can feel edges better, so JR's "like on rails" comment was dead on

BUT I had to adjust stopping a bit - probably because the blade is longer something changed there...

also what's strange is that despite harder ice & relatively shalow hollow (5/8) I'm just tearing up the ice - sinking into it quite a bit (maybe that's why 'on rails' feeling?) & so my speed isn't the same

so the question is did anybody experience this? should I go shallow'er because the skates allow to feel edges so well?

I've got the pitch & profile matched to my old S15 so no prob there - the only change (besides changing the skates of course :)) is that I added yellow superfeets

for some reason the feel is quite different - I definitely can feel edges better, so JR's "like on rails" comment was dead on

BUT I had to adjust stopping a bit - probably because the blade is longer something changed there...

also what's strange is that despite harder ice & relatively shalow hollow (5/8) I'm just tearing up the ice - sinking into it quite a bit (maybe that's why 'on rails' feeling?) & so my speed isn't the same

so the question is did anybody experience this? should I go shallow'er because the skates allow to feel edges so well?

i felt the same way at first-- just got used to it after a few hours

sorry - did you get used to sinking into the ice (something I'd have hard time doing myself :)), or to better adjusting your edges so that you'd not sink?

did you also feel slower at first?

sorry - did you get used to sinking into the ice (something I'd have hard time doing myself :)), or to better adjusting your edges so that you'd not sink?

did you also feel slower at first?

both. they feel the same as my old skates right now. well, maybe not, but you just get used to the feeling of the steel.

and no, i didnt feel slower at all, i actually felt faster-moreso accelerating from stop. the stiffness forces you back up and it seems you have to do less work on the end of each stride.

^hope that makes sense

Hey guys,

I'm about to give up on my U+ Pros Reloaded...

Thinking of switching to the One95's. Can anyone who's experienced both tell me the differences I can expect from the switch?

And can anyone tell me the differences with this skate and the One75's?

Thanks

The fit is not the same, the ls2 power steel have a longer distance between the mount and the tang. They are both 272 holders and you can not interchange the steel. I prefer the ls2power holder and that is what I want on my one95's. I don't like the 2.1.

These ones (LS2 Power) have worse realiability statistics. Both holders and steel

The fit is not the same, the ls2 power steel have a longer distance between the mount and the tang. They are both 272 holders and you can not interchange the steel. I prefer the ls2power holder and that is what I want on my one95's. I don't like the 2.1.

I'm using ls2p on my one95s (263 on size 6.0) and trust me, i won't recommend it. I also loved the feel of the ls2p on my old one90s, and since the stock holders on the one95s were one size small, I put on the ls2ps....now that was beggining of hell :P

Maybe because the 95s are stiffer and transfer more power, I don't know, but they are breaking like shit (even more than when they were on the 90s). And since the rivet pattern isn't the same, I can't put on normal 263 ls2s (or I'll have 3 hole patterns drilled...). And you know, ls2ps are discontinued... :o

I wonder why they started using one size smaller holders? The X60s have smaller ones too.

I've skated almost a full season in the 08 U+ and now a few times on new One95s. I messed up the sizing on the U+ and I just couldn't stick with it. When they were fitting well they were amazing, strong boot, very stiff, fit like a sexy sexy glove, but if I put them on wrong they would punish me every step of the way. The tongue ripped up very quickly from waxed laces, I got some minor wear around the top eyelets easily and I think the eyelets even warped a little; I mention this because I tried to put in a pair of gorilla waxed laces and got about half way up my skates when all of a sudden the tip just wouldn't go in.

Comparatively the One95s were easier to fit/try on. They felt stiff but I could tell I had the right size for my feet. After a single bake and 3 hours on the ice the boot felt great on my foot where as the U+ took me about 15 hours and 2 bakings. Surprisingly to me, the 8.5EE 95s felt roomier in the forefoot (not toe cap) than the 9E CCMs; neither skate had issues with heel lock, though I would say the 95s have hugged me better right off the bat. The One95 also was an extreme adjustment as a long time CCM skater getting used to the LS2.1 profile set up and the upright stature of the boot. I felt like I didn't as much forward lean on the blades, I could easily feel the extra length of the steel on my heels in turns. It has been the only skate I've ever skipped the top eyelets on in order to fit my natural skating position.

quick edit to add: they are both quoted at the same steel length, 280mm

I've skated almost a full season in the 08 U+ and now a few times on new One95s. I messed up the sizing on the U+ and I just couldn't stick with it. When they were fitting well they were amazing, strong boot, very stiff, fit like a sexy sexy glove, but if I put them on wrong they would punish me every step of the way. The tongue ripped up very quickly from waxed laces, I got some minor wear around the top eyelets easily and I think the eyelets even warped a little; I mention this because I tried to put in a pair of gorilla waxed laces and got about half way up my skates when all of a sudden the tip just wouldn't go in.

Comparatively the One95s were easier to fit/try on. They felt stiff but I could tell I had the right size for my feet. After a single bake and 3 hours on the ice the boot felt great on my foot where as the U+ took me about 15 hours and 2 bakings. Surprisingly to me, the 8.5EE 95s felt roomier in the forefoot (not toe cap) than the 9E CCMs; neither skate had issues with heel lock, though I would say the 95s have hugged me better right off the bat. The One95 also was an extreme adjustment as a long time CCM skater getting used to the LS2.1 profile set up and the upright stature of the boot. I felt like I didn't as much forward lean on the blades, I could easily feel the extra length of the steel on my heels in turns. It has been the only skate I've ever skipped the top eyelets on in order to fit my natural skating position.

quick edit to add: they are both quoted at the same steel length, 280mm

wow you have the exact same foot size as me and almost the same issues!

problems with the U+:

- lots of heel slippage

- if i tie them even a bit tight, they hurt my arch and the side of my feet

- too much room at the forfront, feels like my foot is swimming in the boot...(ive always worn 9E in CCM with no issues before)

- Have got them baked twice and the guy even put it in some holder to get some pressure points out on the sides after the seconnd baking (i got them fitted at CCM)

- i feel that it is the wrong size (these skates were a warranty replacement for my V08's which cracked) even tho the 9e's were PERFECT in the V08's.

WHen i size my foot on the CCM skate measurer thing my feet come up as 9 and in between E and D, but closer to E width.

Lots of guys have told me to go for the One95's or even the One75's....i heard they fit completely different than the 95's tho...

I wonder why they started using one size smaller holders? The X60s have smaller ones too.

Bauer changed to smaller holder/runner sets over 20 years ago. Original Tuuks were 260, 270, 280, etc. When Tuuk Custom was designed holder/runner sets went smaller on boots. Now it was 254 for 260, 263 for 270, etc. My size 6 skates went from Tuuk 260 to Tuuk Custom 254. I used to switch out the 254 and put 260 on the boots. Eventually, sole sizing got so small in length that heel to toe the 260 holder would sit a bit long over the toe. So, by reducing sole size and nipping a few ounces here and there as skates became lighter and sole materials changed, the smaller holder/runner sets were standard. I still have a stock of 260 Tuuk holders and runners but skate on 254s on my ONE95. We have replaced hardly any broken runners off the ONE95 this past season. I haven't seen a cracked Tuuk LS2 holder in a long time in the shop for repair as well.

Bauer changed to smaller holder/runner sets over 20 years ago. Original Tuuks were 260, 270, 280, etc. When Tuuk Custom was designed holder/runner sets went smaller on boots. Now it was 254 for 260, 263 for 270, etc. My size 6 skates went from Tuuk 260 to Tuuk Custom 254. I used to switch out the 254 and put 260 on the boots. Eventually, sole sizing got so small in length that heel to toe the 260 holder would sit a bit long over the toe. So, by reducing sole size and nipping a few ounces here and there as skates became lighter and sole materials changed, the smaller holder/runner sets were standard. I still have a stock of 260 Tuuk holders and runners but skate on 254s on my ONE95. We have replaced hardly any broken runners off the ONE95 this past season. I haven't seen a cracked Tuuk LS2 holder in a long time in the shop for repair as well.

Oh no no, I wasn't talking about THAT change :P sorry. For instance, a 7.5 size 8090 had 272 holders on them at stock, but X60s now have 263 on them. Same with the one95, the one95 have one size smaller holders on them than the one90s.

And also, I was talking about LS2Ps, not LS2s... :lol: