Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Supreme ONE95 Initial Thoughts

Hmm...I think the 95 may have a bit more.

Hearing that makes me very happy. Thanks man!

Don't forget "and about $500+ in debt!" ... haha.

I think the One95 is dead sexy... but I'm poverty-stricken, so no $500 skates for me.

$650

yes, that is some serious bread for a pair of skates

I luckily just acquired some almost brand new grey custom+ tuuks and a near new think white graf tongue

I'm all set on new skates, this project will keep me busy for a while

Skated on Friday so time for another update...

Everything is going pretty well - once again can't reiterate how responsive the boots are. Turns are so much tighter - it almost feels as if I am skating on rails. Still having some issues with the 288mm holder but apparently that is the size on a 10.5. The right skate is a bit small - even developed a blood blister on my toe from my toes being crammed up - but I have to loosen and kick back a bit and relace.

Other than that, everything's going really well on them.

JR, didn't you mention that the One95's should be baked one skate at a time?

And for these, are you supposed to stand in them when they're out of the oven and on your feet or do you sit with them on?

haha good point JR, well... around here (Boston) its mostly 16 year old kids working LHS's

its pretty unfortunate actually! I find myself always going back to Paul at Sports Etc in Arlington, great guy if anyone from the Boston area is looking for someone who knows their shit

haha good point JR, well... around here (Boston) its mostly 16 year old kids working LHS's

its pretty unfortunate actually! I find myself always going back to Paul at Sports Etc in Arlington, great guy if anyone from the Boston area is looking for someone who knows their shit

Agreed. Not many options around here, but Sports Etc. is great.

Wow...

Same situation here...I had to school the store on the baking procedure...does NBH tell stores how to do it? The guys looked at me like I was nuts when I told them one skate at a time.

stand in them for how long dude? and sit for how long? i guess its stand for a minute or so then sit for 9?

Keep them on for at least 15 minutes. The instruction card that comes in the box states that you can stand if you wish, just don't flex forward. You would think employees would take a look at that stuff, it's only about 4 lines of instructions on a small card.

Wow...

Same situation here...I had to school the store on the baking procedure...does NBH tell stores how to do it? The guys looked at me like I was nuts when I told them one skate at a time.

MLS, you must have schooled somebody else, because the younger guy I had today told me not to stand. I knew better though.

JR, have you finished the long term portion of the evaluation yet?

I got the one95 and put t-blades on them. I LOVE THESE SKATES!!!! the break in is a little like the one90, but 2-3 times on them later, there normal. and there amazing. best skates I EVER wore

Sorry but i can't right now. I'm 12, so im on spring break right now in the Bahamas. I will post a pic when I get back in 2 weeks. Sorry my phone my can't put pics on the internet.

Sorry

Sent from my I-Phone

Stand then sit.

Why don't stores know this shit?

Because hockey players cant read good and the reps apparently thinks its unnecessary to fill us in on this info. My boss looked at me like I was crazy when I baked a customers one95's one skate at a time. The only reason I knew was because of this site.

Stand then sit.

Because most shop employees think they know everything there is to know about hockey gear.

Especially those who don't know squat.

Stand then sit.

Because most shop employees think they know everything there is to know about hockey gear.

Especially some guys who says "oh I've been working here for almost 4+ years" i know everything there is. I ask him about about all the things i learned here and, he goes no such things stop making it up.

Stand then sit.

Especially some guys who says "oh I've been working here for almost 4+ years" i know everything there is. I ask him about about all the things i learned here and, he goes no such things stop making it up.

16-25 year old males are the most arrogant people on earth, next to 16-25 year old women.

16-25 year old males are the most arrogant people on earth, next to 16-25 year old women.

What a stupid thing to say.

Sorry, forgot the part about lacking justification for the arrogance. I was the same way when I was in that age bracket, not a knock on anyone. It's amazing how much you think you know when you're younger and how much you realize you don't know as you get older.

As it relates to this topic, the "typical" pro shop employee in that age group is absolutely positive that they know everything there is to know about hockey, yet they frequently know far less than the average member on this website.