Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Supreme ONE95 Initial Thoughts

is that what the stores name called is the pepsi center? also im looking for new gloves will they have a good amount or should i look else where?

Front Row Sports:

http://www.frontrowsport.com/

I'm not sure about their selection (call them if you are concerned), but from everything I have heard - they are head and shoulders above Great Skate.

order with custom+

Thanks. Any idea whether a 263mm holder and steel will fit on a size 6.0 One95?

I haven't seen how well it will fit but NBH has 254 on stock 6.0 skates.

is that what the stores name called is the pepsi center? also im looking for new gloves will they have a good amount or should i look else where?

We don't have too much in the way of gloves. R8s, R8 Lites, Graf G700s, Eagle x72 PPFs, Mission 130s....and a lot of the stuff "below" those models.

order with custom+

Thanks. Any idea whether a 263mm holder and steel will fit on a size 6.0 One95?

I haven't seen how well it will fit but NBH has 254 on stock 6.0 skates.

Thanks. I'll check with my dealer questions like this. Part of the reason I like the Pitch 3 holder is the ease of popping the steel out and mailing it off for a good sharpening. Does the steel pop out of the stock One95 holders easily?

The LS2 is pretty simple, the custom+ is a little more difficult. There is one internal bolt in the rear tower of the LS2. In custom+ there is one in the front and one in the back.

I'm thinking of buying this skates for a while now and I've allready gotten the chance to try them on. Now I ordered them in size 12 D. The left skate felt allright but I was touching the toe cap with my big toe at my right foot. The person who was with me in the shop told me that i should be able to put one finger behind my heel when standing up and pushing my toes against the toe cap, this was not possible.

I ended up not buying them but I am wondering if the baking process can give me that tiny bit of room for them to fit perfectly. Anyone?

one finger is way too much room. if you are done growing, an ideal fit has your toes just brushing the toe cap so that when you bend your knees in your skating stance, your toes pull away from the toe cap

I'm thinking of buying this skates for a while now and I've allready gotten the chance to try them on. Now I ordered them in size 12 D. The left skate felt allright but I was touching the toe cap with my big toe at my right foot. The person who was with me in the shop told me that i should be able to put one finger behind my heel when standing up and pushing my toes against the toe cap, this was not possible.

I ended up not buying them but I am wondering if the baking process can give me that tiny bit of room for them to fit perfectly. Anyone?

maybe if you were 7 or 8... ;)

I asked this in another thread but it was probably the wrong the thread to put the question in, and while we are on the topic of toe room in the fit of the one95s i thought it would be appropriate to ask in here.

Do these skates pack in at all? I understand they are quite stiff and tend not to break-in in the traditional sense of becoming softer, but does the padding inside the boot pack in much to give more space? I thought since they have been out a while now and lots of people have experience with these skates it would be a good time to ask.

The reason I ask is I want to know how close my toes should be to the front when trying them on out of the box. I understand they should be feathering the toe cap but to have some idea of what degree the padding packs in would be great.

just to close discussion on baking - there's been a few posts, but I'm still not entirely clear how the procedure should look like

so far this is what was discussed:

preheat skate oven to 200

bake skates one at a time for 3 minutes

lace up & stand for 1 minute, but do not flex - then sit for (10?) mins

so the question is this (to clarify the options) -

1) do I follow all the steps above for each skate at a time? then the total time for the procedure would be around 30 mins?

2) do I bake one, lace, bake another one, lace, stand while wearing both, then sit? total time less then 20 mins

3) bake one skate for a minute, then put another skate in the oven, wait 2 mins, get first skate - lace, right after finishing it should be about 2 mins & time to get the second skate - lace, stand, sit? total time should be around 15 mins

I'm not a bettin' man.

But I'd guess you're the type of guy who reads instruction manuals very thoroughly, eh Solarwind?

I'm not a bettin' man.

But I'd guess you're the type of guy who reads instruction manuals very thoroughly, eh Solarwind?

I know - I'm anal at times. well - pretty much all the time :) now about the baking process... :)

one finger is way too much room. if you are done growing, an ideal fit has your toes just brushing the toe cap so that when you bend your knees in your skating stance, your toes pull away from the toe cap

Ok, so it was actually a perfect fit... Too bad they allready sent the skates back to the dealer. I'll have them order the skates again then :lol:

Case in Point: I took a pair of 8090's into GreatSkate in Amherst, NY (huge store in the Buffalo area) to get Clear LS2 powers mounted on them. When I got them back after paying almost $50.00 to get them mounted I had to try and straighten out the runners because they were mounted incorrectly. I couldn't do it myself so I returned them, the kid at the counter argued with me until I laid them on the counter and proved it to him. Needless to say they attempted a repair and removed them and remounted them. After skating in them for about a month, the holders completey loosened up. The rivets were never completely crimped.

Should have come to us.....we have to deal with their fuck-ups on a daily basis. :ph34r:

Could you guys possibly mount a set of LS2Powers on my One95's? What would the turnaround be and how much. Can you guarantee that whoever does them won't pull the holder over to get a hole lined up. I need them done professionally.

Thanks.

Case in Point: I took a pair of 8090's into GreatSkate in Amherst, NY (huge store in the Buffalo area) to get Clear LS2 powers mounted on them. When I got them back after paying almost $50.00 to get them mounted I had to try and straighten out the runners because they were mounted incorrectly. I couldn't do it myself so I returned them, the kid at the counter argued with me until I laid them on the counter and proved it to him. Needless to say they attempted a repair and removed them and remounted them. After skating in them for about a month, the holders completey loosened up. The rivets were never completely crimped.

Should have come to us.....we have to deal with their fuck-ups on a daily basis. :ph34r:

Could you guys possibly mount a set of LS2Powers on my One95's? What would the turnaround be and how much. Can you guarantee that whoever does them won't pull the holder over to get a hole lined up. I need them done professionally.

Thanks.

What do you need LS2 Powers on your one95s for? You've already got longer steel equivalent to the powers, but it now fits in the LS2 holders.

The fit is not the same, the ls2 power steel have a longer distance between the mount and the tang. They are both 272 holders and you can not interchange the steel. I prefer the ls2power holder and that is what I want on my one95's. I don't like the 2.1.

Being an Easton addict I would probably opt for the S-15, but I'm taking nothing away from the One/95. I like what Nike/Bauer has done with their skates the last few years. I still have my Vapor XXII's and their very light and comfortable. I know the S-15 have cosmetic issues after hard usage after several months but apparantly it doesn't effect the skates performance. The One/95's look like they'll hold up a little better cosmetically and I don't think performance or decent durability will be a problem either. A very nice looking skate.

The fit is not the same, the ls2 power steel have a longer distance between the mount and the tang. They are both 272 holders and you can not interchange the steel. I prefer the ls2power holder and that is what I want on my one95's. I don't like the 2.1.

The ls2 power steel doesn't fit the same in the holder, but the steel length should be the same.(what actually touches the ice) They fixed the problem with the LS Power holders by making the power steel that is compatible to the LS2 holder. Rocker radius should be the same.

I know the S-15 have cosmetic issues after hard usage after several months but apparantly it doesn't effect the skates performance.

speaking from experience (bad) I have to say it's not a true statement - once glue goes & leather starts separating from the composite it's the beginning of the end - water will be penetrating right into the boot, plus thet boot will get noticably (a LOT) softer over time

not to mention that the stock tongues are horrible (too think & not flexible), and RBII holders with parabolic steel aren't nearly as stiff as LS2 with solid steel

hopefully 08 model with double stitching is better, but 07 model was definitely hit & miss - I managed to get a 'miss' durability wise (love the skate otherwise), so my One95 is on the way - we'll see how they fill...

hopefully 08 model with double stitching is better, but 07 model was definitely hit & miss - I managed to get a 'miss' durability wise (love the skate otherwise), so my One95 is on the way - we'll see how they fill...

What size were you in S15 and what size are your one95's? I found I need half size down in one95 from s15....

What size were you in S15 and what size are your one95's? I found I need half size down in one95 from s15....

same here - 9.5 in S15, 9 in One95 & XXXX.