Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nike/Bauer Supreme ONE95 Initial Thoughts

I have tried lacing a lot of different ways and they all feel weird or uncomfortable. Unlacin the top eyelet does give me a benefit but, I find them less responsive.. Tbl I might want to try that method out.. But don't get it.. Out side in on the top eyelet right??.

No, he means that 1) He leaves the top eyelet unlaced completely and 2) He laces the entire skate from the outside through to the inside of every eyelet. I believe this is also known as back acing?

You can also skip the second last eyelet, and use the top eyelet. This will give you a feel and flex that is in between skipping the top eyelet and lacing them up normally.

For me, it was just right.

One year in them, skated 4 times/week. No signs of breakdown yet.

Don't see any "creases" forming. XXXX's very stiff skate, holding up well.

I think it would take a gorilla to crease the XXXX. Out of the box I could barely flex it when skating and I'm a big, strong guy. At this point they are definitely a lot softer, now they're about as "soft" as my old tacks were out of the box.

so tie them up like i would for the very first two laces at the toe? Outside in would give me full stability/support while also giving me a better forward knee bend/? I might try it for my next game.

In my vapors I don't lace the top eyelet and lace outside in... I can now get that deep Lecavalier knee bend, working out much better. You dont realize how much the skate is holding you back when you're not getting your full knee bend until you see the results when you get the knee bend.

Just one more time for good luck; knee bend.

TBLfan - question for you:

So I did laces outside in for my XXXX for more volume - much needed improvement (the arch area is really tight), but I'm a bit hesitant about leaving the top eyelet...

I did it in my 1500C once - really liked the added freedom, but because the ankle wasn't fully locked it was moving sideways quite a bit & because of the friction I got an open blister on my ankle (never had it there before)

with XXXX - how do you ensure that the ankle doesn't move sideways - go very tight on the last 2 eyelets (#2-3, #1 skipped)?

Or do you just have thick ankles that get locked in place even without lacing the top eyelet?

Thanks!

They 2nd and 3rd laces are tight but they dont feel really tight. My foot doesnt move but if you dont like the freedom of movement and dont like skating with a deeper knee bend leave the top laced.

i had them on yesterday in ottawa. wow they fit alot different than my one90s. wider in the mid foot. they actually seem to feel better on the ankle boots too. i actually found them to be alittle shorter in length too. extremely stiff liek expected. overall they felt great!!

JR, this may seem like kind of a random question, but can you recall if the volume on the Supreme Comp is similar to the One95? The reason I ask is because I have a pair of Comps at home and they look really deep. To my surprise, I barely pass the pencil test in them (I always assumed they were too deep for me).

If the volume is similar in both boots, it will give me a better idea of if the One95's will fit me or not.

I have a somewhat high instep and the One95 fit me pretty nicely. I think Bauer may have hit a home run with this boot, even though this is just based on how they felt when I tried them on compared to other NBH models. They definitely will fit more people into this boot than others.

Is the fit of the One95 comparable to the Nike Flexlite 12? I think I might need a little more volume than my 12's have, because they still don't pass the pencil test for me. My ankles and toes fit perfectly in them, but I get really bad arch pain unless I leave the laces really loose in the midfoot. Superfeet greys only made it worse, so I went back to the stock insoles in them.

I hope not!! I wore the F12 for two years and loved it mid-foot forward, but the heel packs down rather quickly and gets huge. I'm hoping for the narrow heel of the 0ne90... great lock down.

Hmm...I think the 95 may have a bit more.

Hearing that makes me very happy. Thanks man!

Don't forget "and about $500+ in debt!" ... haha.

I think the One95 is dead sexy... but I'm poverty-stricken, so no $500 skates for me.

I hope not!! I wore the F12 for two years and loved it mid-foot forward, but the heel packs down rather quickly and gets huge. I'm hoping for the narrow heel of the 0ne90... great lock down.

My bad, I meant to say that my heel fits perfectly in the F12. It would be great if the One95 is similar to the F12 in the toes and heel, but more volume in the mid-foot than the F12.

Just played with a kid that home from playing in QMJ. The team gave him a pair of the one95's. They look sweet. He said they were awesome skates. I have the one90's and xxxx's now. I may have to get those.