Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theelite

Your first love... the curve of your choice

started with sherwood coffey like alot of other people then went to the yzerman then to shannahan then to lidstrom and since im broke ive been using a broken warrior one piece with a mogilny wood blade in it and someone mentioned the eurocurve thats the next wood blade im putting in when this last mogilny breaks

I should add, from the time i was 12 till about 14 i used the bauer junior lindros wood sticks, took a torch to them, and gave them a huge open face...i did that with lindros curves in a easton ultra lite when i was 17 and 18...whats funny is, they were pretty much identical to the p91/pm6 i use now (ok, maybe more open lol)

always played with the Shanahan curve (when it was being retailed under the Shanahan name) from about age 7 till about 18ish, then i couldn't find anymore Shannahan curves (i couldn't figure out what retail player pattern they changed it to).. still use a shaft wood combo (have for a while) then i just bought random wood (easton and louisville) pro returns from Cyclone Taylor (lol anyone remember that place?) and got blades that i'd just tinker with and curve myself. also used the Sakic retail for a while as well.

2 are easton pro.

-one arnott (not sure if it's his actual curve.. it looks a lot straighter than pics i've seen on patterndb.org)

-other is a no name but it looks alot like the retail modano but with a little more curve

1 is louisville (wood blade painted black with LOUISVILLE painted on it.. which i spraypainted all black)

-no name pattern, fairly straight with a little hook, that i added more curve to.

i'll gladly play with a Shanahan curve.. but what easton retail (or just retail curves across brands (NBH, CCM, etc.) is similar if not identical to the Shannahan curve? is it the Heatley or the Iginla?

i'll gladly play with a Shanahan curve.. but what easton retail (or just retail curves across brands (NBH, CCM, etc.) is similar if not identical to the Shannahan curve? is it the Heatley or the Iginla?

neither of those patterns match the shanny... its really not being made anymore

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...showtopic=38186

id love to see easton bring back the shanny, have an original synergy in my garage right now, too bad ive grown about 6 inches to tall for it

modano/forsberg, yzerman, and sakic.! not a fan of big curves..

Wait, what? Yzerman and Sakic are bananas.

Yeah I couldn't understand that post either haha.

AndTheySayChiCity:

You can buy the shanahan different ways... e.g. through the nikebauerID program, get the p10 curve it's exactly the same.

I think Iginla is the perfect curve. Nice med curve with a slghtly square toe perfect for stickhandling. I've been playing with it for a year or so.

modano/forsberg, yzerman, and sakic.! not a fan of big curves..

Wait, what? Yzerman and Sakic are bananas.

I wouldn't call the Sakic a banana, but what intrigues me is how he plays with so many different curves :blink:

I used the P88 for a long time, and then when I bought a tapered shaft, the shop didn't have any tapered Bauers in, so I went to Easton Modanos. Just recently I've picked up a SherWood 5030 with a PM Bouchard pattern, and I'm really liking that, so I might end up switching.

Used to use the modano/forsberg curve. Switched to the Iginla, havent really used anything else since. Tried the drury once. Found all my shots were to hard to control (minus the snappers which were god like with the curve). Now im still on the Iginla.

I'm pretty sure that my first stick was a junior Louisville with an Yzerman curve. I also had a Christian stick but can't remember what curve it was.

Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll put it here.

Marcel Hossa uses an insane heel curve, atleast from the looks of what I saw when he was on the bench in tonights pheonix-edmonton game.

Retail Modano/Forsberg. Curve of choice when I can get my hands on it is Modano pro stock. I had clones made of it, but Christian somehow tweaked the lie, and I haven't called to fix it. Right now though, I'm using the retail Modano/Forsberg. Love it. Tried other curves, didn't work out.