Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

If you could improve one thing about your game.....

What would it be? Mine would definitely be my skating. I'm not a "bad" skater by any means but I see some of those guys who have played back east or in Canada and the way they can use their edges really pisses me off makes me envious. I'm thinking of going to a Robby Glantz camp later this year for some help on all things skating.

I'd probably limit my reading ability and vision; the way I'm able to anticipate the play and pass the puck can be unfair... ;)

In all seriousness, I'd like to get myself a bigger frame and a healthy knee. I'm more of a finesse player, but I do get involved with some of the physical play in front of the net and along the walls; my size makes things a little harder than it probably would be if I had another 15-20 pounds on me. And, well...the knee thing has just about completely ruined all of the NCAA aspirations I've had since I was five years old (I was lucky enough to catch a broadcast of a Michigan game at Yost and decided right then and there that I wanted to go to college to play hockey)...

I wish I had the money and time to be in "pro-shape", I'm in good shape but don't lift weights at a gym and stuff like that, I'd really like to know what the upper limits of my potentiel is/would be instead of thinking what if...

Definitely would be my endurance. I found out I have sports asthma when I started playing again, and that means I have no lungs at all. And when I try and do cardio to improve my lung capacity and endurance, I end up coughing for an hour afterwards.

So if I could get rid of that, then train, I wouldn't be winded constantly and maybe I could ratchet up my intensity through the whole game, instead of either starting or finishing strong.

I'd also have to go with skating. It's not even the edges that bother me, it's the strides and the power that some player can put into their game that i feel i just don't have. I'd be twice the player if i had even a bit of correct skating. I tend to stand up too straight and bend my back rather then the legs.

Mine would be acceleration. I have good top end speed but it takes me longer than I would like to get there. Pretty happy with my game other than that.

Definitely skating because, as my name states, I am a "bad" skater (and not bad as in good either). I've worked really hard at it but I just don't have the aptitude to ever be very good at it. That's why my favorite players are people like Brett Hull, Robitaille, Cheechoo, Bochenski (though Bo has improved his skating, not that it appears to be helping his game much).

Finish. Without a doubt I think if I could have finished more I would be further in hockey. I was always "pass first" so I would often do that or anticipate giving it back to someone who would miss. If I had of just shot I would have scored double the goals. lol

speed.

im a big guy, and im very agile, but sometimes i need to go just a little bit faster when back checking

My hitting...i dont hit enough and it's the main reason i keep getting cut from teams (that and my size) i don't hit alot so im not very good at it. Along the boards im ok but i suck at open ice hits. Also my wrist shot could use some work

well, my skating isn't very good as I'm not very agile nor do I have good acceleration.

My endurance sucks as well, so does my leg strength.

Confidence isn't that great either. I can stickhandle but don't want to get stripped of the puck so tend to pass it off quickly.

Vision is about the same (not that great). Too slow to react.

My shot is pretty good actually! Well for a novice player I have a good shot...

That's about it ;) LOL Well, maybe I'm being a little hard on myself!

Sucks to be old and not start to play until I was in my early 30's.

what wouldnt i improve, skating, and sitck handling, but specifically, vision with the puck, i tend to get tunnel vision.

My skating, and my reaction time. By that I mean getting the puck...deciding what I want to do...and then doing it without hesitating and complicating it for myself.

My tight turns/being able to turn on a dime like Kovalev, and being able to come out with lots of speed from them and make my acceleration and pivoting a bit better

Jeez, all these things and more can be had with a little effort.

Endurance--get on an exercycle and go for 45 minutes at a high level

Stickhandle--just stickhandle a ball, and have a friend whack you on the head with a stick every time you look down

Vision--go get a Brock String and practice with it a little

etc etc

I'd like to be more confident and aggressive. I didn't start playing til 20 (I just turned 24) and sometimes I can be a little gunshy against more experienced players. However, other times it works the opposite way. I'll want to step it up and prove I can hang. I'd also like to work on my defense. I play forward mostly but when I do get put on D I don't feel very comfortable.