Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

The Red Wings are having a "game-used jersey and equipment sale" at Hockeytown Authentics this Saturday from 10 AM to 8 PM.

If anyone is going to this sale could you help me out and grab me a few pairs of the edge practice socks. 2 pairs in red with the white stripe and 2 pairs of white with the red stripe. Any size from L to XL+ is fine. Shoot me a pm, i'll pay for cost shipping and extra for your troubles

No they don't, but I heard they sell sticks in the pro-shop.

Yep, they usually have game/practice used sticks for sale on a rack in the Bruins/Celtics store at the Garden. I was in Boston for xmas and had a look, they had a few Kessel's, some Sturm's and a few Chara's.

do you know how much they are charging for Chara's stick ?

No.

I'm thinking, let's say "retailer X" has 10 quantity of the same type of stick.

Why not list them all at the same time?

Some places do this. Some don't.

I was going to buy one from that place but was outbid at the last second. If they already had more of the same stick and listed that, I could have bought one too.

ie: at the time I lost the auction, I went somewhere else to get a stick. IF they had multiples of the same stick and listed it, I would have been able to buy one as well as the other guy that outbid me. So, in theory they would have sold at least 2 sticks rather than 1.

Aint no thing though.

I'm happy.

If I see somethin good from them again, I'll try and get it.

Listing one stick draws more bids which in the end means more money. If i list one stick i can sell it for lets say $200, but if i state i have 10 of the same stick then it wont draw as high of a ending bid and could sell for as low as the starting price ....

Is anyone going to the Islanders sale that might be able to pick me up a pair of gloves? Please pm me and i can paypal you the money.

An FYI: the Windsor Spitfires (Memorial Cup champs!) had a small equipment sale last Saturday as part of their clearance merchandise sale:

They had maybe a dozen of well used skates, mostly larger sizes - these went for about $40/pr, used OHL practice jerseys $35 ea or $40 for jersey and practice socks, game used CCM socks (labelled as RBK) in red, white, and also retro $10/pr, and used sticks (Taylor Hall LH 10K $150, Ryan Ellis SE16 - painted as a S17 - rh $150, 3 or 4 LH S17 Andrei Loktionov for $150, these were the highlights of the sticks, others were as low as $50 but were in horrible shape). I only grabbed 2 pair of socks.

anyone know how much i can expect to throw down tomorrow at the islander sale for gloves/sticks and maybe pants?

anyone know how much i can expect to throw down tomorrow at the islander sale for gloves/sticks and maybe pants?

I'd like to get an idea also.

Do they usually take credit cards at these sales?

I'd like to get an idea also.

Do they usually take credit cards at these sales?

from my experience at the recent canucks sale, they ran all the sales through the team store, which accepts all forms of payment (except cheque, obv)

Same with the Leafs equipment sale, went through their Centre Sports store. I'd be surprised if they didn't accept all forms of payment besides cheque.

does anyone know if the penguins are having a sale? I actually read on another forum that they weren't, but there was no real evidence.

according to some people in the organization they need to determine what they have and how much of it they have before they make a decision about a sale. They haven't decided yes or no as far as they or I know yet. With winning the cup, the festivities, the draft, and free agency all coming in such short order the equipment sale has really gotten pushed to the back burner.

Going to columbus's slae tonight wondering what prices to expect on their pant covers,gloves, and helmets with visors. (spending up to 200$)