Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

For the dudes that went to the devils sale, when I picked my skates up from consignment in howell yesterday(don't care that they changed their name, eff that) they told they had a lot of people coming in trying to make 100% profit on the stuff they bought and got all huffy when they didn't.

Thank god i didnt trek to the Devils draft day party/equip sale. I would have been seriously ticked off if I say kids hording everything. Its a real shame that there arent people there to control that sort of behavior.

Edit: On a somewhat related note are team bags sold at these sales? I need a new bag and would like to get one or event a older vintage one (i.e. the canvas type).

From what I understand, generally not. Many players keep theirs, and many are recycled. One retired player I know has the bags from every team he played for. I couldn't even pry one out of the bolts with the old logo on it, they said they use them for training camp and preseason guys.

Damn dude, all you had to do was ask.

I have bags in bags.

Old logo though.

But really - it is like a badge of courage for pros. But if you wanna be that guy rolling up to drop-in with a pro team's bag and don't even look like a pro, by all means...LOL

This was before you came on board. And I don't wanna be that guy- I wanted one that said St Louis or Lecavalier ;D

For the dudes that went to the devils sale, when I picked my skates up from consignment in howell yesterday(don't care that they changed their name, eff that) they told they had a lot of people coming in trying to make 100% profit on the stuff they bought and got all huffy when they didn't.

I'm gonna guess that you dropped off a pair of One95's and put chassis on them? Yeah a ton of people try doing that and to be honest it's not worth trading in items there and expect to get good value, it just won't happen. eBay is recommended! :lol:

I remember reading that the flyers don't do equipment sales, but various pro shops in the delval region tend to have some sort of Flyers pro stock something. I know the Igloo in Mount Laurel NJ had a pair of Richards pre NBH Bauer 4rolls for 100 bucks.

Well the caps just asked their fans to bend over and take it.

This years equipment sale is going to be part of the "2009 Capitals Convention" which is on September 26th out in some god damn convention center in Oxon Hill. Tickets for adults are $40. It's also $15 to park, and about another $10 in gas just to get there.

What a crock of shit.

Now the $50 stick ends up being a $120 stick, and at that price, what's the point.

The economy goes into the shitter harder than ever, and what do they do, start charging for the first time ever for this. Great idea

This years equipment sale is going to be part of the "2009 Capitals Convention" which is on September 26th out in some god damn convention center in Oxon Hill. Tickets for adults are $40. It's also $15 to park, and about another $10 in gas just to get there.

What a crock of shit.

Now the $50 stick ends up being a $120 stick, and at that price, what's the point.

The economy goes into the shitter harder than ever, and what do they do, start charging for the first time ever for this. Great idea

And you think the team isn't suffering from the same economy. That could easily explain the remote location, and the ticket price is not for the sale, but for the convention part. They just unfortunately happen to be at the same place.

What a crock of shit.

And you think the team isn't suffering from the same economy. That could easily explain the remote location, and the ticket price is not for the sale, but for the convention part. They just unfortunately happen to be at the same place.

Attendance up, season tickets sold out for next year, TV ratings up 300%, merchandise sales up 135%, waiting list for season tickets, the team isn't suffering from the same economy. For the first time in 30 years, they have sold every single season ticket for next year.

So no, at the minute, they are not suffering from the economy

What a crock of shit.

Attendance up, season tickets sold out for next year, TV ratings up 300%, merchandise sales up 135%, waiting list for season tickets, the team isn't suffering from the same economy. For the first time in 30 years, they have sold every single season ticket for next year.

Which is why they're charging. They can, people will still buy it.

What a crock of shit.

Which is why they're charging. They can, people will still buy it.

Thats understandable but at the same time you don't burn the bridges of your core fanbase that has supported this team through more poor seasons than good. The Caps while an amazing team don't have the winning culture to back up the prices they are started to gouge people on.

but you know boys in this fine capitol of disposable income and over-inflated prices that these folks around here will think nothing of dropping that coin to get in grab some shit and get an autograph. I mean come on in comparison to Redskins parking and tix that is a bargain

For Real. I don't think teams really care much these days about the real diehards all the way up there who spend every extra penny they have, to support the team they love. Unfortunally, some rich who "doesn't know the difference between a blueline and a clothes line" hears all this talk about some russian guy named Ovechkin and now he's a Caps fan. He'll pay crazy money most people just don't have to suppliment his new little hobbie.

Plus the Corporations come in and price everybody out of the arena.

Thank god i didnt trek to the Devils draft day party/equip sale. I would have been seriously ticked off if I say kids hording everything. Its a real shame that there arent people there to control that sort of behavior.

Edit: On a somewhat related note are team bags sold at these sales? I need a new bag and would like to get one or event a older vintage one (i.e. the canvas type).

From what I understand, generally not. Many players keep theirs, and many are recycled. One retired player I know has the bags from every team he played for. I couldn't even pry one out of the bolts with the old logo on it, they said they use them for training camp and preseason guys.

Damn dude, all you had to do was ask.

I have bags in bags.

Old logo though.

But really - it is like a badge of courage for pros. But if you wanna be that guy rolling up to drop-in with a pro team's bag and don't even look like a pro, by all means...LOL

I will not be selling bags. Those two who sent me money will be refunded.

For Real. I don't think teams really care much these days about the real diehards all the way up there who spend every extra penny they have, to support the team they love. Unfortunally, some rich who "doesn't know the difference between a blueline and a clothes line" hears all this talk about some russian guy named Ovechkin and now he's a Caps fan. He'll pay crazy money most people just don't have to suppliment his new little hobbie.

They're a business, not a charity. As long as they can find people to pay higher prices, they should be selling to those people willing to pay higher prices.

They're a business, not a charity. As long as they can find people to pay higher prices, they should be selling to those people willing to pay higher prices.

And that's fine, but I don't want to see Ted Leonsis's head on TV complaining that he couldn't sell out a playoff game when the caps hit a slump and the bandwagon thins out a bit and what you are left with are the idiots like me who would have dropped a couple of hundred at the equipment sale, but won't be going now as it's out in PG county, not Kettler, so it's an hour away instead of 10 minutes.

They should be selling to whoever will buy, but they should be mindful of those who bought in lean times and try not to alienate them, because like the end of the Av's sell out streak when they started losing more, the caps will hit a slump, and then they will be trying to sell their fan accessibility and appreciation of their hardcore fans back to us again.

They win one playoff series and the fan fest and equipment sale goes from $0 to $40.

If you are a family of four you pay $130, plus tax and parking just to go to what is normally free.

HE's turning into Dan Snyder with these Redskins like moves

And that's fine, but I don't want to see Ted Leonsis's head on TV complaining that he couldn't sell out a playoff game when the caps hit a slump and the bandwagon thins out a bit and what you are left with are the idiots like me who would have dropped a couple of hundred at the equipment sale, but won't be going now as it's out in PG county, not Kettler, so it's an hour away instead of 10 minutes.

They should be selling to whoever will buy, but they should be mindful of those who bought in lean times and try not to alienate them, because like the end of the Av's sell out streak when they started losing more, the caps will hit a slump, and then they will be trying to sell their fan accessibility and appreciation of their hardcore fans back to us again.

They win one playoff series and the fan fest and equipment sale goes from $0 to $40.

If you are a family of four you pay $130, plus tax and parking just to go to what is normally free.

HE's turning into Dan Snyder with these Redskins like moves

108 points, 2nd in the conference, and young exciting team to watch helped to bring in money and generate a wider fan base, but I am with you Smoke. To me the team is not catering to the loyalty of the fan base when they decided to charge people to go to the convention. For season ticket holders they get to go in an hour early to buy gear. The biggest question i have now is how much they are going to charge for the gear?

If the pricing is more realistic, then they are trying to make money. If they the charge the same amount last year for gear, then I think its okay because it does help to develop more interest in the sport. I recall last year the used sticks were going for $25 a pop and the new sticks $50 a pop. Very good pricing for people that want to use the gear, but it also allows people who resell the items to horde the stuff.

Danny boy made it quite clear he can make money no matter what team he puts together.

For those in the pittsburgh area Robert Morris University's NCAA ice hockey teams are having an equipment sale this weekend at the RMU Island Sports Center.

Please see the email attached below from Derek Schooley,Head coach of

the RMU Men's Ice Hockey Team.

Make plans to arrive early, lots of new and used equipment at great

prices.

All:

Robert Morris NCAA Hockey is having our second annual equipment sale

this coming weekend at the Island Sports Center. The times are as

follows in the Salt Lake & Lake Placid Rooms. We will have Sticks (1

piece, wood blades, comp blades, shafts), Helmets, Gloves, Pants, goalie

sticks and other misc hockey equipment .. All Sizes….New & Used.

Fri July 10 12:00pm-6:00pm

Sat July 11 10:00am-4:00pm

Sun July 12 10:00-2:00pm

Attached is a flyer on the sale. This is not an equipment drop off sale

that has been run in the past by the Island Sports Center.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Derek Schooley

Blaine Buterbaugh

Assistant Hockey Director

RMU Island Sports Center

7600 Grand Avenue

Pittsburgh PA 15225

412-397-4475

buterbaugh@rmuislandsports.org

For those in the pittsburgh area Robert Morris University's NCAA ice hockey teams are having an equipment sale this weekend at the RMU Island Sports Center.

Please see the email attached below from Derek Schooley,Head coach of

the RMU Men's Ice Hockey Team.

Make plans to arrive early, lots of new and used equipment at great

prices.

All:

Robert Morris NCAA Hockey is having our second annual equipment sale

this coming weekend at the Island Sports Center. The times are as

follows in the Salt Lake & Lake Placid Rooms. We will have Sticks (1

piece, wood blades, comp blades, shafts), Helmets, Gloves, Pants, goalie

sticks and other misc hockey equipment .. All Sizes….New & Used.

Fri July 10 12:00pm-6:00pm

Sat July 11 10:00am-4:00pm

Sun July 12 10:00-2:00pm

Attached is a flyer on the sale. This is not an equipment drop off sale

that has been run in the past by the Island Sports Center.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Derek Schooley

Blaine Buterbaugh

Assistant Hockey Director

RMU Island Sports Center

7600 Grand Avenue

Pittsburgh PA 15225

412-397-4475

buterbaugh@rmuislandsports.org

Nice, if my baseball game gets rained out tomorrow I'm going to have to drive down and take a look around. Thanks!

Stopped by the RMU equipment sale and found some pretty good stuff. Tons of brand new sticks/blades/shafts available at amazing prices. I picked up two pairs of Harrow RMU gloves dirt cheap but by the time I left there were very few gloves left that weren't in need of immediate repalming. If you're a fan of Harrow sticks then you'll love the sale because there is an absolute surfeit of them.

solid, I was so mad because I am stuck in Slippery Rock all weekend with my practicum with the Sliders baseball team so I won't be able to get there till around sunday maybe.

Stopped by the RMU equipment sale and found some pretty good stuff. Tons of brand new sticks/blades/shafts available at amazing prices. I picked up two pairs of Harrow RMU gloves dirt cheap but by the time I left there were very few gloves left that weren't in need of immediate repalming. If you're a fan of Harrow sticks then you'll love the sale because there is an absolute surfeit of them.

what were the prices like?

new shafts are 35-40, one piece sticks are 50, used gloves are 10, helmets are 10, stick blades are 10. he started with nearly 70-100 sticks.

that was the response from Blaine, the Assistant Hockey Director

Some of those prices are a little off. Shafts were slashed to $25 within a few hours of the sale. Wood blades are $5, composite blades are $15. The helmets are pretty crusty, even at $10 I wasn't too keen on touching them. They had what looked like 6-8 pairs of elbow pads and 4 pairs of pants when I left at 4:45. Almost all of the TPS glove that they had available were so worn that every plastic insert was poking through and they were harder than a rock to move. A majority of the Harrow gloves were well broken in but had palms that were an absolute mess. There were also two pairs of skates and if the wear on the skates is equal to the wear on the other equipment then you're best served not even paying them any attention.