Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sean Avery hospitalized

I'm certainly not a big fan, but I hope he makes it out ok.

I'm the same, many's a time I've hoped he gets checked through the boards, but this is more than him being a d-bag. This is serious. And I hope he is ok.

stock, hruedy, simpson, and mclean all commented on how avery didnt look like his usual self last night. hnic even had a little clip of him in the room before game time having help with his suspenders and jersey. and as soon as avery noticed the camera was on him he walked out of view, something looked fishy then. i hope hes going to be alright, its a shame when these sort of things happen a la jiri fischer

Didn't that happen to Forsberg if it was a lacerated spleen? Maybe the internal bleeding could have led to whatever is being reported in the OP. Either way I definitely wish him well and hope he recovers quickly.

As much as I dislike Avery as a player, you never want to see something like this happen. Thankfully it sounds like he is going to be OK so I'm glad to hear that.

This kind of reminds of the year that Lindros had a collapsed lung on the road - Injury happened in the first period, played the rest of the game, next thing you know he's in the hospital. I guess it just goes to remind you how dangerous a game hockey really is.

did anyone notice him block a shot or something in the game?

i'm just trying to figure out when this happened in the game - maybe it isn't related to the game?

As much as I dislike Avery as a player, you never want to see something like this happen. Thankfully it sounds like he is going to be OK so I'm glad to hear that.

This kind of reminds of the year that Lindros had a collapsed lung on the road - Injury happened in the first period, played the rest of the game, next thing you know he's in the hospital. I guess it just goes to remind you how dangerous a game hockey really is.

Keith Jones found him passed out in the bathtub.

I'm the same, many's a time I've hoped he gets checked through the boards, but this is more than him being a d-bag. This is serious. And I hope he is ok.

Not me. Karma's a bitch.

Not me. Karma's a bitch.

Avery has lacerated someone's spleen in the past?

Not me. Karma's a bitch.

It's hockey, it's a game. Why would you want something like that to happen anyone.

I look to the caps/flyers series about whats right with hockey. Ovey/Richards almost came to blows in game 6 and 7, but at the end of the series, they hugged, shook hands and had a talk.

You leave it on the ice in hockey, if you want someone to get a serious injury because of "karma" then you need to look over your own shoulder, because karma could be looking for you next.

Fuckin' NY Media. Looks like they were looking for a new story since the Heath Ledger news has gone away.

Forsberg ruptured his spleen a few years ago against the Kings in the playoffs. Avery will be fine.

Depends on how much blood was lost. Depending on the rate of bleeding, you can bleed out in less than an hour or it could take a lot longer. Chris Simms finished the game but there have been estimates that by the time he got to the hospital he had lost over 4 pints of blood, some say closer or more than 5 pints of blood. It's a very serious injury.

You leave it on the ice in hockey, if you want someone to get a serious injury because of "karma" then you need to look over your own shoulder, because karma could be looking for you next.

If someone is a f*cking a-hole, I hope that karma comes around to bite them - and if it comes around harder than we think it ought to, so be it. It doesn't always come around in the same form, and sometimes it doesn't come around at all, but I shed no tears when it does come with a vengeance.

Life has kicked me in the ass a few times, and it makes me feel better to believe that it *was*, as you say, karma looking for me for some crap I did.

stock, hruedy, simpson, and mclean all commented on how avery didnt look like his usual self last night. hnic even had a little clip of him in the room before game time having help with his suspenders and jersey. and as soon as avery noticed the camera was on him he walked out of view, something looked fishy then. i hope hes going to be alright, its a shame when these sort of things happen a la jiri fischer

Disregard the last one as I wasnt paying attention to the number of games.

If someone is a f*cking a-hole, I hope that karma comes around to bite them - and if it comes around harder than we think it ought to, so be it. It doesn't always come around in the same form, and sometimes it doesn't come around at all, but I shed no tears when it does come with a vengeance.

Life has kicked me in the ass a few times, and it makes me feel better to believe that it *was*, as you say, karma looking for me for some crap I did.

For someone who believes in karma so much, shouldn't you be choosing your words a little more carefully?