Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Sean Avery hospitalized

You leave it on the ice in hockey, if you want someone to get a serious injury because of "karma" then you need to look over your own shoulder, because karma could be looking for you next.

If someone is a f*cking a-hole, I hope that karma comes around to bite them - and if it comes around harder than we think it ought to, so be it. It doesn't always come around in the same form, and sometimes it doesn't come around at all, but I shed no tears when it does come with a vengeance.

Life has kicked me in the ass a few times, and it makes me feel better to believe that it *was*, as you say, karma looking for me for some crap I did.

For someone who believes in karma so much, shouldn't you be choosing your words a little more carefully?

Technically wouldn't Karma be "repaid" during the next life?

What makes hockey better than ever other sport is the fact that it's a true team game, and that players respect each other.

To be wishing harm to anyone (the odd "I hope he gets knocked out of the game, he's killing us" is ok) is immature and shows a lack of character that hockey players should generally have

I should feel bad for him and wish him well but I should also be paid a lot more than I am. At least he can get to Vogue and his real career choice more quickly now.

Depends on how much blood was lost. Depending on the rate of bleeding, you can bleed out in less than an hour or it could take a lot longer. Chris Simms finished the game but there have been estimates that by the time he got to the hospital he had lost over 4 pints of blood, some say closer or more than 5 pints of blood. It's a very serious injury.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but isn't the greatest issue with ruptured spleens the passing of septic fluids which the spleen is supposed to help filter out, from moving throughout your body?

I like how the guy with the Roberts avatar/pic is being really nice about the Avery illness. Kind of ironic, considering those two.

Depends. Since soo much blood flows through the spleen, the first and foremost issue seems to be the internal bleeding. But I'm not a doctor either, just based on what has been said about Chris' injury.

Sean Avery is a prick, and shouldn't be playing hockey if his real career choice is working for Vogue.

That said, this is serious stuff, and I hope he recovers just fine. Even if he is a jackass.

Most accurate comment about the "ruptured spleen business" to date.

BTW Karma can be repaid at any point. From Wiki...

"...karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well."

meh, maybe the original believe was that karma was to effect the next life and all positive or negative obsticles were results from a past life.I honestly don't remember. The evolution of religion is tough to follow.

wow hope hope he makes it out okay...

but considering the comments he made toward Jason Blake earlier in the season...karma? anyone?

yeah the spleen is where red blood cells are recycled anbd cleaned in ur body, its serious, hope he gets better.. and yah he may do some stupid things and say sum stupid things, but hes a fire-cracker, chances are if he was on ur team you would love him

Depends on how much blood was lost. Depending on the rate of bleeding, you can bleed out in less than an hour or it could take a lot longer. Chris Simms finished the game but there have been estimates that by the time he got to the hospital he had lost over 4 pints of blood, some say closer or more than 5 pints of blood. It's a very serious injury.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but isn't the greatest issue with ruptured spleens the passing of septic fluids which the spleen is supposed to help filter out, from moving throughout your body?

I like how the guy with the Roberts avatar/pic is being really nice about the Avery illness. Kind of ironic, considering those two.

i wouldnt like to see anyone in the nhl or any hockey player for that matter with an injury like this is all

Roberts himself has been qouted and pretty much said that as much has been said between them when a guy is in that position you wish him well hope he makes a complete recovery and that what happens on the ice doesnt realyl matter at that point in time.

The evolution of religion is tough to follow.

Ironic choice of words.

Glad someone found the irony.