Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

WTH is going on with this game, I started playing like 3 days ago and took my losses like a man and now that i get A hang of things and start to score, guys start losing connections.... Are guys penalized for leaving early? do I get a win for not losing my connection? WTH?

Yeah people f** out if they start losing and it affects their DNF rating. Can't remember if you can see that before hand. I think you do get the win if they quit out.

You know what's really pissing me off lately with this game is how inaccurate they seem to have made people on one-timers. With the last patch they said they made it harder to hit inside the post, but I find aiming for the post normally means missing the net by 3 feet. It's so irritating to set up a play, pass it to a guy on the other side of the crease from behind the net, and have him miss the net by 2 feet. Guys like Selanne and Sundin are not gonna miss that. It's so irritating because it happens way too often.

I think they just generally made the players a little too inaccurate. I can't even tell you how many times lately I've had a prime chance, and had the guy miss the net completely. It's ridiculous.

I completely agree..I've had players stand right in front of the goalie and receive the one-timer pass and they still shoot wide! It happens often too,..I don't think anyone at the NHL level would miss.

Not only miss, but miss high!

Why dont you just play the team play if you cant take people quitting...

and im looking to start up a team if anyone is intrested (PS3)

PSN: In10sITy

That can get annoying too, especially when someone decides to play goal. 2 goals go in, then everyone quits.

the players are so inacurate, even star players.... i like this game but i cant score for the life of me, i was playing a guy, shots where 48 to 7 for me and I won 2 - 1... had counless chances alone and I cant put it in...

gamertag DJ INFERNO12

haha

my gamertag on PS3 is: Shnolles

feel free to add me if you wanna play. I'm usually playing Community play with what seems to be 85% morons who don't pass the puck and quit after they're down 2-0

Not suprised by that at all, they seemed to bring it up a fair few notches this year and although it kinda has sucky parts that seems to be isolated to those of us who became semi-obsessed as happens with all games when they are played enough. The online play in my view will almost always be filled with people that think their online kudos points are more important than playing a fair/fun game.

NHL 10 wish list:

Some change to online play

Better 1-timers

Better sprint puck control (how many players in the NHL have to dump the puck and lose control to skate 1 handed.)

Less of the Forsberg move (Such a small part of the real game and it seems to have been bundled into the main controls of the game so much so that it's now just annoying to see it, and can happen accidently.)

Be-a-pro better/more options (I play 82 game seasons and finishing the season is just plain boring and tedious, more things to do and trade requests would be nice. Maybe let your player have some slight decision making or input and maybe in game targets would be good aswell which could effect your after game exp. which seems to sometimes be randomly determined.)

Goalie mode was pretty pants

Fights (Tried to convert some 2k series fans to EA and when a fight started I wanted to hang my head in shame for supporting this game, they are truley shite.)

Checking controls (Sometimes when pressing bodycheck I end up crosschecking someone and getting a penalty, so I basically don't like how the game decides if your going to throw a fair hit or not. Hooking/slashing without having to fight would go here aswell.)

More in-depth dynasty modes (Touch of a Championship Manager feel if anybodys ever played that.)

Empty netters (If you have the puck and shoot before the blue line it sometimes just gets dumped in which kinda sucks.)

Menu music (Control to change/skip a track like 2k)

Passes (Weak breakout passes, saucer passes which some players just do as standard are pretty hard to do by using RB with not so good players, maybe making their passes flutter and bounce instead of being slow and wildly inacurrate would be better.)

Be-a-pro view (Around the net can sometimes get pretty hectic, and going wide down the wing or 2-1 can be difficult if you can't see where your other player is or if he is there at all.)

Shotblocking (The diving block seems ok, but the one where they just stop skating close their legs and glide towards the player is dire, sometimes you can glide past the player and out of the zone attempting to block a shot and have to wait a few seconds till your player wakes up.)

Fake to wrap around and shooting nearside high is a decent glitch, as is the "sweep" shot.

Haha, sounds like I hate the game :P

Can't think of much else ATM but I'm sure Christmas holiday syndrome will drive me to find others.

the game is fun but they made it so you cant reallly run up a score on people... the one times are just stupid wen your player actually misses the puck even tho it hit his stick then freezes...

So many open nets missed too...

It'd be cool to see sticks break too. Also if you hit the guy and he loses a stick it'd be cool to see him go get the stick not watch the stick magically reunite with his hand hahah.

It'd be cool to see sticks break too. Also if you hit the guy and he loses a stick it'd be cool to see him go get the stick not watch the stick magically reunite with his hand hahah.

They're all jedis. :P

Has anyone else seen this before? In the draft during my Dynasty, there were two players whose "projected round" or whatever was "Franchise" as in franchise players. I've never seen that before in all the different seasons I've done. Is this something new, or just rare to see? Needless to say, the guy that went first overall was a projected franchise player, and is an 81 overall straight out of the draft. The other guy was only like a 77. I traded Pavol Demitra for the 81 overall guy, who's also a RW. I freed up like 3 million in cap space as well, cause Demitra was worth $4.0 million for 1 more year, and this new guy's only worth about $775k for the next 3 years. Plus he's on a 2-way contract.

I friggin forgot to take out Ladha when I updated my rosters though, so now she's in the free agency pool. I've got over $17 million of cap space to work with though, so I'm contemplating signing her and then putting her in the minors before the season starts. I hate it when she's in the game, because it seems like whichever team signs her is nearly unstoppable. Even if she costs $8 million, putting her in the minors will give me that cap space back. Plus my AHL team will be unbeatable.

Before the start of the season, you can assign people to minors without having to clear waivers. I cleared enough cap space to sign her at $8 million, and still have about $7.5 million left to maybe sign Zetterberg. Once she gets into the minors, I'll have that $8 million or so back to free up cap space.

Not suprised by that at all, they seemed to bring it up a fair few notches this year and although it kinda has sucky parts that seems to be isolated to those of us who became semi-obsessed as happens with all games when they are played enough. The online play in my view will almost always be filled with people that think their online kudos points are more important than playing a fair/fun game.

NHL 10 wish list:

Some change to online play

Better 1-timers

Better sprint puck control (how many players in the NHL have to dump the puck and lose control to skate 1 handed.)

Less of the Forsberg move (Such a small part of the real game and it seems to have been bundled into the main controls of the game so much so that it's now just annoying to see it, and can happen accidently.)

Be-a-pro better/more options (I play 82 game seasons and finishing the season is just plain boring and tedious, more things to do and trade requests would be nice. Maybe let your player have some slight decision making or input and maybe in game targets would be good aswell which could effect your after game exp. which seems to sometimes be randomly determined.)

Goalie mode was pretty pants

Fights (Tried to convert some 2k series fans to EA and when a fight started I wanted to hang my head in shame for supporting this game, they are truley shite.)

Checking controls (Sometimes when pressing bodycheck I end up crosschecking someone and getting a penalty, so I basically don't like how the game decides if your going to throw a fair hit or not. Hooking/slashing without having to fight would go here aswell.)

More in-depth dynasty modes (Touch of a Championship Manager feel if anybodys ever played that.)

Empty netters (If you have the puck and shoot before the blue line it sometimes just gets dumped in which kinda sucks.)

Menu music (Control to change/skip a track like 2k)

Passes (Weak breakout passes, saucer passes which some players just do as standard are pretty hard to do by using RB with not so good players, maybe making their passes flutter and bounce instead of being slow and wildly inacurrate would be better.)

Be-a-pro view (Around the net can sometimes get pretty hectic, and going wide down the wing or 2-1 can be difficult if you can't see where your other player is or if he is there at all.)

Shotblocking (The diving block seems ok, but the one where they just stop skating close their legs and glide towards the player is dire, sometimes you can glide past the player and out of the zone attempting to block a shot and have to wait a few seconds till your player wakes up.)

Fake to wrap around and shooting nearside high is a decent glitch, as is the "sweep" shot.

Haha, sounds like I hate the game :P

Can't think of much else ATM but I'm sure Christmas holiday syndrome will drive me to find others.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I cant believe you cant set the length of a season. 80 games or whatever it is is way too long. And thats before you even get moved up to whatever NHL team you want. Also the game tried to trade me to the effing Blue Jackets the other night, good thing it doesnt save. I picked the team I wanted to be on because thats who I want to play for. I dont want to get traded to some other team randomly after having played 60 games with my chosen team and being the league points leader. I also wish I could change the type of player I picked. I chose playmaker without knowing the requirements of the other types. They want me to get 70 assists or something. Yeah right.

I want dumping to be more common and not just on special teams. It seems like every time I dump the puck I lose it, it's actually really annoying.

I want dumping to be more common and not just on special teams. It seems like every time I dump the puck I lose it, it's actually really annoying.

Every time I dump the puck, even with my line set to aggressive play, I end up being the one who gets on it first, or hits the d-man on it, or I hit the bench and it's lost. No dump and chase ability in this game, and the computer is way too good about knowing to pass the puck the millisecond before you get a good poke, lift or hit in on the carrier.

In be a pro I wish there some way of looking at the team's roster with the salaries/years left, especially when you're a free agent with an offer from a team. There have been many times that I've signed with a team based on who was on it last year, only to have it be completely different. In general the computer sucks at free agents and roster management. At one point a few seasons ago they traded Patty Marleau for DiPietro, and signed Luongo and Al Montoya. We already had Kaberle, Colaiacavo and Weber (all 88-90 ratings), and they signed Picard, another 88 D. There wasn't a decent forward besides me. So of course I simmed through the season and got picked up on waivers. Why in hell should a 94 be put on waivers?

Lol I know I don't want to be play every game to be honest I don't particularly have the time or patience. They wouldn't send Jarome Iginla to the AHL if he had a bad attitude. They should make it to where you are a healthy scratch or something not so extreme, I have an 88 overall goalie who had "attitude problems" and is backing up in the AHL.

In be a pro I wish there some way of looking at the team's roster with the salaries/years left, especially when you're a free agent with an offer from a team. There have been many times that I've signed with a team based on who was on it last year, only to have it be completely different. In general the computer sucks at free agents and roster management. At one point a few seasons ago they traded Patty Marleau for DiPietro, and signed Luongo and Al Montoya. We already had Kaberle, Colaiacavo and Weber (all 88-90 ratings), and they signed Picard, another 88 D. There wasn't a decent forward besides me. So of course I simmed through the season and got picked up on waivers. Why in hell should a 94 be put on waivers?

Very good points. I got traded to Chicago and thought it was all good, but they had moved their whole D and goalies, no one was over a 77 except Hossa, Kane, Toews and a few other forwards. Give me a break.

I do not like that there is no "chemistry". I would love to be stuck on the second line when I was with Detroit, Zetterberg and I combined for a ton of goals, where the Hossa/Datsyuk/Rustpot line was pretty unstellar. No coaching dynamic whatsoever, the game will stick 3 snipers together so long as their ratings are similar. Now I'm in Chicago and playing with Hossa again, there should be some sort of boost between us. Was it 06 that would give your players stat boosts when playing with complementary players, then change things completely for the playoffs? I liked that, it made you really look at who was on a line and not just stat-stack your top 2 lines, but maybe but a 75-rated winger up on 1st to give your 80/90 guys a 5 point boost.

Your role should change or be molded, and ratings points earned per milestones. If I make 20 hits in a season and score 200 goals and get 50 assists while never using a deke, am I really a grinder/playmaker/power forward/dangler? I don't think so.