Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

yeah the penalties are insane, interference and tripping especially get called A LOT. I just played a guy that tried the lil slapshot from right beside to top shelf, woked once out of about 15 tries. seems better.

ya the glitch goals being fixed is a huge plus i can work around not getting penalties but not the cheap goals good fix

I have not tried out the patch yet.

My only real annoyances with game were

-the slapshot from the goal line after circling the net

-the constant goalie 'desperation save' after a pass across the offensive zone

-the goals where the goalie dives across the net if you stickhandle towards the hash marks while on the goal linehuuu

-ridiculous hits, i mean every single hit was huuuge

-too many stick infraction penalties

I think thats it for my list, or at least what i can think of off the top of my head.

Anyways, were these fixed? And yes, I did read the EA Sports Article on the patch, but i jsut wanted to hear from someone who has played it.

i havent had anyone try the slapshot on the goal line on me today and i have played about 15 games so i think it might be done

the pass across the net still works but not as good or frequent

again none on the diving goalie so im guessing its done

the hits are still there

and imo the penalties have got worse then ever you get called for everything

Just played a game, had 12 hits, and got called for interference/cross-checking on 11 of them. Thats NHL hockey :rolleyes:

Maybe the penalties are ramped up for online play??? Have you guys tried offline? I've been playing offline all day and had games with close to 40 hits and not one cross-checking or interference call. I've taken a couple for boarding or checking from behind though, and a couple tripping calls from a poke check.

i think its more for online when you play as your guy because i played two regular games online and i was killing people too

you just have to pick you checks a little more careful thats all im down to one to two penalties

yes, no more hitting guys without the puck or just because hes on your path, no more late hits if he got rid of the pucks, no more running a guy from behind on the dump in, no more hitting the guy on a puck chase...

i love it, guys that cant play hockey normally will kill allot of panalities, hell they will even call you if you are on a 3 on 5 and intefere with someone

Ever since the update on ps3 it won't let me play games online. Never had a problem until it did the update. It brings me to the team selection screen then freezes up my opponent and I.

Any ideas? Did internet connection test and I can get in ps3 store and all that so I know I'm online connection is good..??

the new glitch goal is coming into the zone do the quick stick handle move then the quick wrist shot in the top right, why cant people just play the game the way its ment to be played

Ever since the update on ps3 it won't let me play games online. Never had a problem until it did the update. It brings me to the team selection screen then freezes up my opponent and I.

Any ideas? Did internet connection test and I can get in ps3 store and all that so I know I'm online connection is good..??

did you say, PS3, yup that might be the problem right there lol

just kidding, please no flaming Sony diciples

hahahah, the penalty parade is just too funny, some guys just cant help themselves, race for the puck and they cant help but hit you to gain advantage on the puck lol!

if you get to someone and his numbers are facing you, you cant hit him, seems simple but some guys just dont get it! :lol:

No more easy deaks, lurn to play hockey boys because the nights will be long and frustrating from now going forward ;)

maybe people will learn to pass the puck around in the offensive zone now too that would be nice

I actually noticed that people are starting to cycle more down low instead of trying to do everything themselves. The patch is like the "new NHL" in a way. It allows the skilled players to show it more and sends the hit crazy players to the box almost always. I played a game on defence today and finished off a hit and was called for a 5 min major for checking from behind, I havn't seen that one yet.

i love the update, i always have the advantage of time on attack and that is now starting to help because a lot of the cheese goals aren't working nearly as much anymore. 9-1 since the update. i'm so happy they finally started calling interference on a regular basis, however i dont like it when i go to hit someone cleanly and my guy automatically elbows or crosschecks him

+1 There^

I really wish that EA would make a button where you *could* crosscheck or elbow but had a "hit" button or your analog stick to make hits with the shouldies only.

I hate it when I am making a nice hit, but the game makes my guy rip some dudes face off with a cross check, putting me on the PK and killing my chances.

Can anyone help me? I'm on a PS3 and everytime I go to play an online match it says I must download the latest rosters, so I click yes but then after a few minutes of downloading it says "unable to download at this time, please try again". trying again also never works. This has been happening ever since I downloaded the new patch. What makes it weird is it doesnt work even though I'm connected to the EA servers because I get that ticker on the bottom of the screen.

Can anyone help me? I'm on a PS3 and everytime I go to play an online match it says I must download the latest rosters, so I click yes but then after a few minutes of downloading it says "unable to download at this time, please try again". trying again also never works. This has been happening ever since I downloaded the new patch. What makes it weird is it doesnt work even though I'm connected to the EA servers because I get that ticker on the bottom of the screen.

I will check it out and see if mine does the same.

NHL 09 on PS3 is the ULTIMATE hockey gaming experience.

Is it just me but every time i play OTP with some friends, whenever you go to the net for a one timer you hit the analog stick and insted of hitting the puck, it hits the defensmen in front of the net and you get a penalty for interference

Is it just me but every time i play OTP with some friends, whenever you go to the net for a one timer you hit the analog stick and insted of hitting the puck, it hits the defensmen in front of the net and you get a penalty for interference? hahah

Hold down the left trigger (on 360) and he won't hit the defenseman. When you hold the trigger not only does it keep you facing the puck, but it makes the right stick only work for shooting commands. It's really useful for trying to get rebounds, because you can slam on the right stick to shoot and you won't touch anybody.

Log into the Playstation Network before you start NHL 09. Then go to download the roster updates.

now that the side of the net glitch is not as effective, the "CHEEZE" goal scorers use the drag over the glove shot... im now of the belief that some guys just like to find glitches and will use any they find over and over and over...

Log into the Playstation Network before you start NHL 09. Then go to download the roster updates.

Ya I tried that but still when I go to download the rosters it says cannot download at this time.

They get rid of the glitch that allows for the wrap around high, now all the cheesers just wrap around 5-hole. Works everytime. I want to play a legit game against someone, not sit and guard my post because it's the only way for these idiots to score. Rant over. This is for PS3.

Hold down the left trigger (on 360) and he won't hit the defenseman. When you hold the trigger not only does it keep you facing the puck, but it makes the right stick only work for shooting commands. It's really useful for trying to get rebounds, because you can slam on the right stick to shoot and you won't touch anybody.

Legend, cheers! :)