Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

Tendon guard looks pretty beefy.

doesn't look stylish enough for retail, probably pro stock.

nine-1 is top model RETAIL. remember the first pictures that came out??? those skates said PRO at the top.

the toe cap on this boot looks short, which is similar to the first picture posted. so we know it was not the camera playing tricks on us and clearly the toecap is intentionally shorter. i wonder what the idea was behind this

how about ball width and how players complain that the skate is not wide enough??? how many of those guys buy an EE width thinking that skate mfgs make a regular and wide toe cap??? WRONG! if you can shorten it up a little you can accommodate different ball widths. purely conjecture at this point as i have only had a few prototypes IN MY HANDS and not yet the finished product. some of you guys are running WAY TOO FAR off of a picture.

....hhhmmmm......interesting. Im definitely liking the short toe cap cuz im all about the ball width issue ;P

the place ppl complain about whenever they are buying skates the most is where the boot meets the cap

but im not into the silver stitched whatever that thing is on the side of the boot

Saw a pair at the LHS today, Mission rep was in with his wares. Nice looking skate in person. Feels light and the boot felt fairly stiff. The tendon guard wasn't as beefy as on the pro skate pictured earlier in the thread. Holder looked ok. IT definitely has a lot more "curb appeal" than most previous Mission skate models. I'm curios to see how they fit (sample pair was about 2-2 1/2 sizes too small).

Saw a pair at the LHS today, Mission rep was in with his wares. Nice looking skate in person. Feels light and the boot felt fairly stiff. The tendon guard wasn't as beefy as on the pro skate pictured earlier in the thread. Holder looked ok. IT definitely has a lot more "curb appeal" than most previous Mission skate models. I'm curios to see how they fit (sample pair was about 2-2 1/2 sizes too small).

did you get a chance to hear anything the rep was saying? about materials of internal/external boot, sizing, anything about the skate really..

did you get a chance to hear anything the rep was saying? about materials of internal/external boot, sizing, anything about the skate really..

Nothing that wasn't already covered here.

Spoke to Mission about the skate today -

Some of the highlights are weight reduction, new foams/1-pc construction, new ventilation system and the new holder.

There'll be 4 skates in the line. Fuel is done except for a couple of mid/mid-low AGs.

Havent thought of Mission as a possible retail solution to my skate fitting problems. Is this a skate I should look into for my wide and deep foot?

edit: and I do like the looks of the skate.

There'll be 4 skates in the line. Fuel is done except for a couple of mid/mid-low AGs.

So they've canned the S series, L series and Fuel series over the course of what three or four years?

So they've canned the S series, L series and Fuel series over the course of what three or four years?

i think this may be their last kick at the can for Mission in hockey skates, so they have to go out with the old imo

to survive in the hockey skate market you need to compete with bauer, ccm, and graf. i hope for them and me (since im getting a pair) that this is the product to compete

i think this may be their last kick at the can for Mission in hockey skates, so they have to go out with the old imo

to survive in the hockey skate market you need to compete with bauer, ccm, and graf. i hope for them and me (since im getting a pair) that this is the product to compete

Constantly changing the product name in addition to the actual product makes all of the previous marketing worthless. It also seems to show that they think it's worth throwing the money away rather than associating it with the previous product. Over the last few years Mission products, even the ones I liked, have shared one common flaw. No matter how good or bad the design, they frequently seem to skimp on some piece of material that dooms the product. Hopefully they learn from previous mistakes and make this a top notch skate.

^Could you give some examples of what you mean by some pieces?

L7 glove gussets ripped quickly, S500 tendon guard, L7 side panels, original Fuel skates were bad on so many levels the tongue being the worst part.

L7 glove gussets ripped quickly, S500 tendon guard, L7 side panels, original Fuel skates were bad on so many levels the tongue being the worst part.

In regards to the L7, durability aside, i love the digital gussets.

I do too, it just doesn't hold up very well.

I do too, it just doesn't hold up very well.

I truly hope Mission can put out a more traditional top end glove. I'm just not feeling the fuels.