Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barrett

MLB Discussion

Considering I know there are baseball fans , and all the transactions and what not coming soon. Post anything about the Mlb or baseball in general. Just wondering what everyone thinks of manny going to La and Pudge to New york?

I think it must be great to be King (money wise)...The Yanks lose their soon-to-be-HOF catcher, and just go and and get another one. Ho-Hum...

Manny in La-La-Land...should be interesting.

I heard Toronto was interested in acquiring Jason Bay (which would have been very cool)...but they were asking too much (Marcum and a high prospect...Snyder, or something like that).

I heard Bonds wants to come back and play - and he will do so for league minnimum!

Someone has to show interest first...which apparently has yet to happen.

i have a love/hate relationship with the reds. they're my team, but man are they stupid.

They didn't trade Adam Dunn.

yea, but the added a crappy relief pitcher and a crappier 2B. they just dont know how to build around there strengths

If I was a manager, I would take a chance on Bonds for $390,000!

Absolutely. The guy showed last year that he can still rake. I'm surprised an AL team hasn't made him a DH yet.

As for Manny to LA: F*** the Dodgers.

If I was a manager, I would take a chance on Bonds for $390,000!

Absolutely. The guy showed last year that he can still rake. I'm surprised an AL team hasn't made him a DH yet.

As for Manny to LA: F*** the Dodgers.

Boston didn't do too bad picking up Bay, a good Canadien Boy.

:D Manny out of the AL and gone from the Sox...

How do you trade a clutch hitter in the middle of a very tight pennant race/A guy who helped "reverse the curse" and all you get for him is...

Jason Bay.

:ph34r:

Guess Bahhston doesnt want to make the playoffs.

I guess you're not a stats guy, cause they have very similar stats this year. Plus, Manny wouldn't have been on the Red Sox next year anyway, whereas Bay will be and will free up about $14M to spend elsewhere.

And if you want to blame anyone, you should probably look towards Boras. I have no doubt that not only did he want to get Manny out of Boston, but had a hand in him not going to Florida.

How do you trade a clutch hitter in the middle of a very tight pennant race/A guy who helped "reverse the curse" and all you get for him is...

Jason Bay.

With all of the crap Manny has been pulling over the last couple weeks, it's a net gain for the team. If he stuck around and kept up the shenanigans, it could have seriously impacted team chemistry. The fact that they replaced him with a guy whose numbers are similar make the trade largely a wash.

Does anybody else think the Tigers didn't get enough for Pudge? I know he's a bit over the hill and he's had a down year, but come on...and one for one trade? I thought they could've gotten a few good prospects from the Yankees. Sad to see him leave the Tigers...good luck to with the rest of his career and thanks for helping turn the Tigers around!

I think the yankees made a great deal. Although giving up their main set up guy to rivera, they picked up a player who knows how to win . Sure Molina was doing a great job behind the plate , but he was really suffering at the dish. He has only been batting 2.26 with 11 rbi's , and then they pick up pudge who is still known as a solid defence catcher but is bringing some offence to the table batting close to 3.00 and 30 or more rbi's.

Does anybody else think the Tigers didn't get enough for Pudge? I know he's a bit over the hill and he's had a down year, but come on...and one for one trade? I thought they could've gotten a few good prospects from the Yankees. Sad to see him leave the Tigers...good luck to with the rest of his career and thanks for helping turn the Tigers around!

If he wasn't going to re-sign...getting ANYTHING for him should be good enough.

If he wasn't going to re-sign...getting ANYTHING for him should be good enough.

As far as I know, it wasn't that he wasn't going to resign...the Tigers weren't going to try to resign him, they wanted something different. And yes, something is better than nothing, but I just think they could've gotten more.

Jason Bay.

With all of the crap Manny has been pulling over the last couple weeks, it's a net gain for the team. If he stuck around and kept up the shenanigans, it could have seriously impacted team chemistry. The fact that they replaced him with a guy whose numbers are similar make the trade largely a wash.

I think it was already having an effect. Look at the swoon the Sox have been on lately.

Folks who are shocked that Manny got dealt and what the Sox got in return just haven't been following the story.

Interesting how it was the other Red Sox players that were urging Epstein to trade Ramirez, in addition to Manny himself. The Red Sox definitely seemed affected by this circus.

As a Red Sox fan, I can fully say I appreciate everything Manny did for the club to help them win while he was there. Not only that, but the man put up some great numbers while he was in Boston and I was glad to see him hit 500 as a Red Sox member. BUT good riddance to him and all of his constant bullshit. I for one am very glad with the club acquiring Bay from the Pirates. Like someone else mentioned earlier, similar stats, still under contract next year, and will give them close to $15 million to go out and get someone next year. Also the fact that he's what, 7 years younger?

I think it was a great move and a move that was desperately needed to be made. To all of the baseball fans out there that are saying "Why would you trade Manny when your in a race for the division/wild-card..." who's not to say Bay comes in and won't just tear it up? It'll be interesting to see what he does but the club made the right decision in making the trade and I for one am a happy Red Sox fan despite what Manny did (positive) for the Red Sox.

Now if only they could get out of this nasty slump they are in right now...I'm still worried about the pitching, hopefully if/when the bats get hot, so do the pitchers.

I heard Bonds wants to come back and play - and he will do so for league minnimum!

not only the minimum but he also will then donate that to charity

i am sad the braves got rid of big tex