Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2008 NFL Thread

New NFL Rule...

You can't hit a QB in the knees (unless you are blocked into his knees). It's gonna be awfully hard to legally tackle a QB very soon.

Let's just say I don't see him spending a whole lot of time in da clubs.

It's called "Chippewa Street." Bars/clubs everywhere - most (if not all) open 'til 4:00 in the AM. Can't say I have much experience with it (not yet 21)...but definitely a place where someone could get himself into trouble (as Radio pointed out; Lynch was actually on Chippewa during the hit/run situation).

After all the years of pulling for the Broncos I can now disown them and get a Bears hat. Screw that team.

I dunno Mack its better to have a known commodity then the unkown. This rebuild could have been done without blowing the whole thing up.

Wait, what's the known commodity here? Cutler? If so, that's what I'm saying by thinking the Broncos screwed this whole thing up. Unless you meant Orton and in that case it's only known he's gritty but won't steal you any games. I think Simms would be better than Orton but he's been holding clipboards for two years and has surely lost what he flashed his last season+ as a starter in Tampa.

Jason-

In hindsight's great view of course they should have traded him then. They wouldn't have had this ugly soap opera going on and McDaniels could have the QB he wants. Still don't see how or why they'd think he's an upgrade over Cutler, tho.

With Belichick (and I assume McDaniels), the two most important skills of a QB are accuracy and decision making. Cassel was only slightly more accurate than Cutler, but it was his first year and he had a couple of bad weather games.

My guess is McDaniels had a chance to work out Cutler and didn't think he'd make the decisions quickly enough for the spread offense he wants to use. My second guess is there's a possibility that McDaniels and Cassel have talked about what could happen if Cassel plays out his one-year contract.

Would he be able to get slapped with the Franchise tag tho?

All this reaffirms for me is that McDaniels was the wrong guy for the job in Denver. I almost hope that Dallas had offered up Romo since Shanahan seems pretty set as the next likely coach there. I know Romo was a guy he wanted in Denver when he came out of college, but I think he could do more with Cutler.