Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2008 NFL Thread

Peter King (Sport Illustrated) on NBC was saying his source from within the Pats says Tom Brady's injury is 'serious' and 'may threaten his season'

Then again, it's the Patriots...so grains of salt may be in order.

DAMNIT there goes my fantasy team.

Yours and many, MANY others. Speaking of which...my buddy was bitching that his starting QB in fantasy this year is McNabb...then he goes OFF for 361 today!

Kind of ironic, the local sports radio WEEI was talking all week about how screwed they are if Brady went down and there was much debate about the back up quarterback situation, weather to stay with cassel or look outside the organization. I think the consensus was that if Brady goes down, they are fucked.

Kind of ironic, the local sports radio WEEI was talking all week about how screwed they are if Brady went down and there was much debate about the back up quarterback situation, weather to stay with cassel or look outside the organization. I think the consensus was that if Brady goes down, they are fucked.

Brady has been listed as "probable" on the weekly injury list with a 'shoulder injury' every week for like 4 seasons. According to Olberman (who I think is an ass, but I digress) this week he wasn't on it.

Talk about bad omens.

They're a deep team with what looks like an easy schedule -- although it's obvious the NFL tried to make it as difficult as possible with an early bye and two back-to-back West Coast trips -- so they should make the playoffs. I doubt they can win it, however, unless Cassell becomes Gehrig to Brady's Pipp.

Yowza, good for NFL in terms of level playing fields but horrible for my fantasy team. Hopefully Jay Cutler's diabeetus doesn't take a bad turn.

KC has the best chance of keeping a starting job, so my guess is Simms signs there. Even though The Hoodie has a quick leash with Cassel, I think he'll stick with the system QB and not an outsider. If Simms does sign with NE, it's a one-year deal in hopes that he gets to play and have some Madden stats with those WRs so he can get a contract next year.

I think most NE fans thought that Cassell would be cut after his preseason performance, considering he was playing with the starters almost entirely, although the line had some subs. However, given Cassell survived the cuts while Gutierrez (who appeared to outplay Cassell) was let go, I figured Cassell must have been showing more in practice than he was in the games. Of course, that was for being the backup QB, not the starter, but I tend to agree with you that I think BB would prefer to stick with the QB who knows the system.

However, it was apparent Cassell can't read the defenses as well as Tommy can, so I assume they'll shrink the playbook, as well as rely on the running game more than they had intended. If he falters, I don't believe they would use O'Connell, although I liked how he looked in the preseason, so maybe they'd call Testeverde. On the other hand, if Cassell can improve as the season progresses, the rest of the team is deep enough for them to be a playoff contender.

IMO, with Cassell, they still win the division.

Wes Welker just became so much more valuable though. LOTS of comeback/dumpoff routes to him now.