Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2008 NFL Thread

The rule at least should be that you can grab someone's hair if it's that long. Not intentionally like a girl in a catfight, but if it's there...to hell with it. Larry Johnson that crap out of someone's scalp.

Anyone watching the Monday Nighter...?????

Leon Lett can thank THAT GUY if this TD is overturned. He just got replaced on the list of the STUPIDEST thing to ever happen at Texas Stadium.

This might be the most entertaining NFL game I've seen in a while. Why can't SB's be like this?

And...Berman showing love for the CFL...he spent some time at 'Bombers Camp this year....Nice touch Boom!

The rule at least should be that you can grab someone's hair if it's that long. Not intentionally like a girl in a catfight, but if it's there...to hell with it. Larry Johnson that crap out of someone's scalp.

I saw a guy get tackled by his hair last week in College football and there was no penalty. The announcers said it was legal and part of the uniform.

Need some advice, who should I start this week? Big Ben or O'Sullivan? After seeing the PHI game last night, I think the Eagles could be vulnerable to Big Ben's passing game. But O'Sullivan has been putting up decent stats and hes playing the Lions, who are just plain bad (Sorry Lions fans).

Yeah, forgot about that. But Big Bens fantasy stats have been less than appealing. Rivers has 3x the amount Big Ben does (For Reference), and J.T. O'Sullivan has more as well (who I am contemplating starting)

I'd start JT, simply because he is playing the Lions, they are outrageously bad against the pass. JT was throwing it around pretty well against the Seahawks last week, in Seattle, so I'd give him the nod.

This might be the most entertaining NFL game I've seen in a while. Why can't SB's be like this?

Both Ravens and Steelers' fans were saying the same thing at the bar last night, what an amazing game. Baltimore should've won it thoughhhhh arg!

Both Ravens and Steelers' fans were saying the same thing at the bar last night, what an amazing game. Baltimore should've won it thoughhhhh arg!

Baltimore did win as far as I'm concerned....Derrick Mason 100% caught that pass in the endzone with both feet inbounds in the first half. It was a ridiculous catch, there was a PERFECT replay angle of it, you've got the ball and the timeouts, and you have a veteran Pro-Bowl WR who said he caught it inbounds. Why not challenge? I just don't get it. I hope the coaching staff got up in front of the team after that game and apologized for losing them the game.

Awesome awesome game though, that is what football is all about. I wonder what Rashard Mendenhall is saying now, seeing as Ray Lewis broke his shoulder with a hit.

Mack, I think hiring Josh McDaniels will turn out well for the Broncos. He noticeably grew during his four years as OC. (He only had the title for three seasons, but he was the de facto OC in the first year after Charlie Weiss left.)

There's no doubt in my mind he will be a good coach in the NFL, but it's possible he's still too green to be HC at this point. However, I suspect he's going to surprise Bronco fans.

I don't think he's a bad candidate, but I did want a defencive-minded coach there. Of course Cowher would have been the optimum choice if he was wanting to coach, but I think that the offence will always take care of itself. That said, I don't have any doubts about McDaniels running an offence but they still have an absolutely terrible defence. The eventual GM can hopefully start working on that right away.

Shocking news out of New England today, particularly since trades in the NFL are rare, but the Pats traded Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs. The Pats were given an undisclosed draft pick in return -- my guess would be a 3rd, since Vrabel is 34. The thought is Scott Pioli, who left NE to become the Chiefs' GM, wants Vrabel to help set the tone of professionalism with such a young team.

Still, it was fairly shocking, since Vrabel was well respected in NE and had 12.5 sacks two seasons ago. Of course, one said it best: It's better to trade someone a year early, rather than a year late.