Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2008 NFL Thread

Not sure how his back's holding up now but sitting Hasselbeck isn't a bad idea for the Seahawks. Let Wallace step in and run around because he's their only threat in the backfield right now and their receivers aren't even CFL-worthy.

If anyone's as much of a degenerate gambler as I am, take advantage of this; The Jets are -2.5 as of right now for their game against the Pats.

Avoid this line like the plague. It's way too risky. Week 2 lines can be very tricky because of hysteria resulting from week 1. On top of that, the injuries to a few top stars are screwing up everything. The prudent move is to avoid these teams.

Good advice on the Pats. Wait a week to see how the team responds to at least a bit more of a challenge without Brady at the helm. Granted, the Jets are no powerhouse but this game is much too tough a call.

Ravens getting 4.5 in Houston and Cincy favored over Titans are two of the more confusing lines I've seen in several years.

Green Bay -1.5 @ Detroit has to be some kind of trap as well, I mean who the HELL is betting Lions with that line?

I managed to go 3 for 3 last week, not too bad.

As for this week, I really like Pittsburgh giving 6.5 to Cleveland and I LOVE the Eagles getting 7 from Dallas (I must be the only person that thinks they weren't all that impressive against Cleveland. Probably because I think Cleveland was a one-year flash in the pan). However, being an Eagles fan I have a hard and fast rule to stay away from their games. Also, it looks like Tampa vs. Atlanta may be off the board - anyone know why?

As for this week, I really like Pittsburgh giving 6.5 to Cleveland and I LOVE the Eagles getting 7 from Dallas (I must be the only person that thinks they weren't all that impressive against Cleveland. Probably because I think Cleveland was a one-year flash in the pan). However, being an Eagles fan I have a hard and fast rule to stay away from their games. Also, it looks like Tampa vs. Atlanta may be off the board - anyone know why?

I believe Tampa vs. Atlanta is due to Garcia's questionable status for the game.

I'm a little worried about the Eagles just because they played what is in my opinion by far the worst team in the NFL in St. Louis, so I don't want to read too much into their success just yet.

I believe Tampa vs. Atlanta is due to Garcia's questionable status for the game.

I'm a little worried about the Eagles just because they played what is in my opinion by far the worst team in the NFL in St. Louis, so I don't want to read too much into their success just yet.

I agree with you that the Eagles are not as good as they looked against St. Louis and the Rams are just a flat bad team. However, there is no way Dallas is 7 points better than them. I'm of the opinion the game will be very very close, not decided by more than 3-4 points in either direction.

I thought the NFL changed the hair length rule and that it couldn't cover the nameplate on the jersey. Marshawn Lynch is still rocking the long dreds...

Yowza, I just watched the recording of the Broncos game. Got a great break on the call but they went for two for karma and made it all better.

If the Pats don't win the division it's because of Buffalo. Wouldn't be shocked if the Bills make the playoffs after looking at their schedule.

Yowza, I just watched the recording of the Broncos game. Got a great break on the call but they went for two for karma and made it all better.

They also got a break on Champ's interception.

Did anyone see the game? Did Cromartie cover Marshall most of the game?

Between Rivers, McFadden, and Marshall this week, looks like I'm gonna get paid in my fantasy league. Too bad I left Sproles on the bench.

If the Pats don't win the division it's because of Buffalo. Wouldn't be shocked if the Bills make the playoffs after looking at their schedule.

The Bills and Panther should be the sleepers of the league this year. Unfortunately for me, being as I'm an Eagles fan.

I thought the NFL changed the hair length rule and that it couldn't cover the nameplate on the jersey. Marshawn Lynch is still rocking the long dreds...

Isn't the rule now that you can just grab someone by the hair if you want to?

Bills look real solid, sure it is only two games, but they beat a Jacksonville team that almost took down the Pats in the playoffs last year, and a Seattle team that has been in the playoffs 5 straight years. Sure the Jags had no O-line, and the Seahawks had practice squad players at WR, but still.

Great game by the Colts, that is the definition of a gutsy win. Just balls on Manning. Too bad I took a flyer on the corpse of Marvin Harrison this season in fantasy.