Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Vaughn/Eagle

I know we have mentioned it in the Mission/Bauer thread, but it was finalized last Monday.

Vaughn takes over as of tomorrow and will keep that factory open for 90 days, as they are adding space at the Vaughn factory in London.

Player gloves will still be under the Eagle name, I am not sure or have gotten confirmation if the goal line stays.

In your estimation JR, what does this move do for Vaughn? They get a great player glove and a competing goal line that doesn't sell. Is Vaughn looking to move into the player equipment market?

What else does Eagle make? Their player sticks don't seem to be anything sensational.

In your estimation JR, what does this move do for Vaughn? They get great player glove and a competing goal a line that doesn't sell. Is Vaughn looking to move into the player equipment market?

What else does Eagle make? Their player sticks don't seem to be anything sensational.

Vaughns already got Tackla pants going for them

I'm sure they've got something brewing behind the scenes

In your estimation JR, what does this move do for Vaughn? They get a great player glove and a competing goal line that doesn't sell. Is Vaughn looking to move into the player equipment market?

vaugh used to make player gear in 04 i believe. they got out of it b/c they wanted to focus on goalie gear. mike vaughn started out in his garage some time ago, making chest and arms. when i was able to talk directly to him he said that they recieve request daily for player gloves including from the nhl. yet they refuse to make them b/c they are focusing on goalie gear. as far as overlap most of vaughn's gear is made in china with the excpetion of the v2 and v3 lines. both lines are made in oxford, mi.

vaugh gloves are still very much in demand esp in the nhl.

maybe the deal was made simply because they wanted the best of both player gloves and goalie gear.

jr do you have any word on how much work will be sent to oxford?

One of my best buds used to play with Vaughn player gloves. For many yrs he rocked them and finally bought a new pair a few months back, they sadly died a long and terrible death.

JR and co., Is this buyout (as well and Bauer's) a bi product of the US economy issues or nothing to do with the other?

Hockey companies are up for sale all year long, no matter how crappy the US economy is. Congress was not going to bail out Mission/Itech, TPS, or Eagle. Not enough American taxpayers play hockey.

One of my best buds used to play with Vaughn player gloves. For many yrs he rocked them and finally bought a new pair a few months back, they sadly died a long and terrible death.

I picked up two pairs when they were closed out. Awesome gloves.

In your estimation JR, what does this move do for Vaughn? They get great player glove and a competing goal a line that doesn't sell. Is Vaughn looking to move into the player equipment market?

They only do Tackla in Canada, not in the US.

i spoke with the pro rep yesterday and he said that there are no plans to bring back player gloves if he deal goes down. he alsio said that thing would most likely stay status quoe. vaughn will continue to focus solely on goalie gear.

Tackla pants, and Eagle gloves they would be doing quite well for themselves on the player side of things. Not to mention that they're goalie equipment is top notch.

After reading the other post's it would suck if Eagle gloves cease to exist.

sworn to secrecy... c'mon!!!! saying something like that here is like dangling a snickers just out of the reach of a fat kid.

If there is any place to spill the beans this is it.

I'm just interested in the future of my favorite gloves and maybe the need for a CPA at vaughn's oxford location due rapid expansion!

How about the warranties on gloves/palms and the One Free Refurb for goalie pads? Will Vaughn/Eagle still honor all of that, if not permanently, at least temporarily?

has anyone heard any news on how vaughn's aquisition of eagle is going to affect eagle equipment going forward?

Are we going to see vaughn branded gloves in the NHL again?

Just curious since my eagle gloves aren't going to last forever and I'm still anti warrior and NBH(well until they get that damn swoosh off their gloves).

has anyone heard any news on how vaughn's aquisition of eagle is going to affect eagle equipment going forward?

Are we going to see vaughn branded gloves in the NHL again?

Just curious since my eagle gloves aren't going to last forever and I'm still anti warrior and NBH(well until they get that damn swoosh off their gloves).

no. see my earlier post

Smart move... I take that to mean that they're using the independent model they worked out with Brian's.

Not really , the former guys at Eagle aren't involved (I think one is however)

Aw nuts. Hopefully they kept the right guy...

Only reason I mentioned it was because Brian's finally seems to be back on track after a few years in limbo, thanks largely to Mike Vaughn and his partner whose name I've forgotten (the guy who owns the foams/plastics outfit). Not the same situation as Vaughn/Eagle, obviously, but one can hope. The new Brian's Zero-G stuff is really, really interesting - especially the protective.

GW also went over from TPS to Brian's. Ugh, I should give him a call.

Anyway, I think that there'll be some accountability on the Eagle side now and should run better on the production side. Too many dealers gave up on them because there was a lack of production.

Ah yeah... it's just MV's side-deal rather than a full-out acquisition.

Except that Brian's is NOT owned by Vaughn, whereas Eagle is.
Smart move... I take that to mean that they're using the independent model they worked out with Brian's.

Don Wickens

Only reason I mentioned it was because Brian's finally seems to be back on track after a few years in limbo, thanks largely to Mike Vaughn and his partner whose name I've forgotten (the guy who owns the foams/plastics outfit).

Thanks - I'd totally lost that name.

With all this M&A stuff going on I'm surprised nobody's made a pass at you! :)

not according to the pro rep at vaughn in MI.

Vaughn gloves haven't been asked for in the NHL in OVER 7 years.
vaugh gloves are still very much in demand esp in the nhl.

not according to the pro rep at vaughn in MI.