Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

anyone interested Sportchek Brampton (Oriongate Steeles) has 1 prostock Synergy SL lefty straight blade with toe hook for $129

rarely seen pattern

I don't know if anyone has checked out any Montreal blades, but I was going to buy a Heatley blade but my shop was all out they had some Montreal Blades in a COFF which i'm pretty sure is short for Coffey curve, and they were not the bucket that my old 50/30's were they were like a 5 lie with a nice curve more of a mid toe than a true toe, but it works well and I was just wondering if anyone else had tried them.

anyone interested Sportchek Brampton (Oriongate Steeles) has 1 prostock Synergy SL lefty straight blade with toe hook for $129

rarely seen pattern

damn lefties, the Pro Hockey Life has some sprykins dolo's one straight with kink and two other crazy hooks but they want 149 or 249 for them (can't remember the price).

Just got in my batch of customs from Christian this week......Not overly impressed with them but we'll see how I feel in a couple weeks when I get some good use with them....Here's a few pics

Curve:

rszcurvepic.jpg

Rocker:

rszrockerpic.jpg

is that a clone? looks similar to the mission big toe.

Nope, I made a template out of cardboard for the blade shape then sent that with a pic and a detailed description of the curve I wanted and two weeks later they were at my door

Nice looking curve though. What aren't you impressed with on the blades?

I dunno it's not that I'm not impressed with them I just think I might have set my hopes to high......the thing I dont like about them is they have a tackiness to them, like theres to much resin on them. We'll see I haven't played with them yet these are just my initial opinion, and they're alot heavier than I expected not that it matters that much it will just take time for me to adjust

at my local modells they sell crappy plastic blades that let u put on your own curve. Would it make sense (if you have the money) to buy one of these then mold to your liking and send it in to a company to turn into a good blade. If you didnt like the curve, all you would have to do is rebake it and curve it and get another batch made. Probablly very costly but some people might not care how much they pay as long as they get what they want

I dunno it's not that I'm not impressed with them I just think I might have set my hopes to high......the thing I dont like about them is they have a tackiness to them, like theres to much resin on them. We'll see I haven't played with them yet these are just my initial opinion, and they're alot heavier than I expected not that it matters that much it will just take time for me to adjust

It took me about two weeks too get used to my stock christian blade (I put a nice hook on the toe), I think it comes from the fact that they are a little thicker and the blade back is slightly rounded (minutely so), but once you break them in, I think you will be very happy, extremely sturdy blade, and the tackiness is a good sign, tape will stick to it better.

Nice blade. The curve looks almost identical to my Samsonov PS One95.

That was one of the curves I kinda of based this mine off of.....I saw the pic when you posted it and I liked it, I wanted something that was a mix of the Samsonov PS and Hossa PS

Could run some sandpaper over the blade to remove some of the takiness?

Could run some sandpaper over the blade to remove some of the takiness?

I could....but it's not that big of a deal it was just something I noticed on first glance, the more I mess with them I'm starting to like them more and more....Just one of those things where you don't really know what you're gonna get and can only picture what you're gonna get and my hopes were real high...But I can't complain the turn around was awesome I sent the package to them on 2/19 and I received them 3/4 so thats damn fast on a completely custom blade

Nice blade. The curve looks almost identical to my Samsonov PS One95.

That was one of the curves I kinda of based this mine off of.....I saw the pic when you posted it and I liked it, I wanted something that was a mix of the Samsonov PS and Hossa PS

Nice! I think you'll like it. Perfect balance of toe curve to pop the puck up fast, yet a FLAT heel so you don't really lose anything on backhands like traditional bananas

I was just at the Kettler Center here in VA. Older guy was asking a young sales guy whether ou can get custom curves because he wants a 5 lie blade with a toe curve. Young guy told him that you have to be an AHL player in order to get customs; then he tried to get the guy to buy a lie 5 Draper Dolomite. I jumped in and said you didn't have to be an AHL player and said some companies offer custom curves if you provide a molding. He said, "UH, yeah no...Montreal was the only company doing it. But they got bought out by warrior and aren't doing it anymore." I said "no, they're a some other companies out there that will do it." He ended up persuading the guy to by the Draper Dolomite...which isn't a toe curve and more important, if i'm correct....Warrior's lie system is not standard. The Draper was indicated as a lie 5, but I think it's more of a Lie 5.5. I felt bad for the guy who gave in and bought the " Lie 5 Draper Toe curve." <---insert sarcasm here.

Majer Hockey in Toronto has a few Saprykin Pro-Stock Dolomites for $150CAD, finally seeing the curve in person, I don't think i could handle it!